Dr. Teck Soo MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Southfield, MI

3.9

March 18th, 2017
He said he could make me 80% pain free. I am 95% pain free after my spinal fusion at L 4-5. I had spondylitis. The care at the hospital was excellent. Jan I.

March 17th, 2017
Extremely knowledgeable,highly experienced kind and caring physician
Dr. Soo fused my husband's lower spine, L5/S1. Most physicians would not even attempt this surgery due to the degree of difficulty involved. My husband has osteoporosis which makes his bones soft. The procedure, methods and devices that Dr. Soo himself developed made it possible for this surgery to be successfully done on my husband. He is now six months post-op and essentially pain-free. This surgery has given him a new lease on life and restored his confidence that, at 73 there is a lot more life to live. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts Dr. Soo!

March 10th, 2017
PEOPLE!. this man is a terrible doctor. get a second opinion from Dr. Boyd Richards. He's the best!!.

March 3rd, 2017
Pain and movement
Dr. Soo is very thorough and personable. He is all business and gets you up and around in a very professional manner. I visited numerous Dr.'s for a year, but Dr. Soo found my problem and solved the problem quickly. If i HADN'T GONE TO HIM, i MAY BE IN A WHEELCHAIR BY NOW.

February 25th, 2017
I’ve been dealing with back pain a long time and was diagnosed in 2007 with spinal stenosis. All my doctors at the time said I would need surgery. I was in no hurry to get cut on and very few people I spoke with had good things to say about back surgery. I tried all kinds of alternatives – chiropractors, acupuncture, yoga, messages. All of which gave me temporary relief. For the past 3 years the pain was so bad I couldn’t walk more than 5 minutes before I had to sit down. The only way to shop was to lean on a grocery cart. I was fed up with pain limiting my life and knew I had to make a change. My neurologist and general practitioner recommended Dr. Soo. Thank the heavens I made that appointment. The necessary test were scheduled prior to my seeing him. Once there he explained to me and my husband what the test showed and what needed to be done. He didn’t sugar coat my condition but he assured me he could make it better. I agreed and he performed an eight hour surgery on my back t12 to pelvis. After 5 months, while still healing, I feel 99% better. The original back pain of the past years is gone. I still have some nerve pain I’m dealing with but that is part of the healing process. He and his staff do all they can to make you comfortable before and especially after surgery. He is a very honest, caring and highly skilled surgeon. My husband and I are now able to make plans and enjoy so many things we couldn’t before. We will forever be grateful to Dr. Soo. Once in his office you may have a longer wait than expected but just remember everyone has questions and you wouldn’t want him to rush you out of the way. His expertise and your relief are well worth the wait.

February 13th, 2017
amazing man
if you need somebody to trust he is your doctor

February 11th, 2017
Extraordinary Surgeon
After my husband was rejected for surgery by several surgeons, we were referred to Dr. Soo. He agreed to perform the surgery and outlined both the procedure and the results that we could realistically expect. The surgery went as scheduled, and the results have been life changing for my husband. Dr Soo is caring, compassionate and has a great sense of humor. He invests of himself in his patients, and has outstanding results.

February 10th, 2017
Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery L5-S1
Dr. Teck Mun Soo did excellent work. After 4 weeks, while still healing, I feel 100% better. The original pain of the last 3 years is gone,. The the healing pain from the surgery is very tolerable. The Incisions are healing nicely, with no trace of infection. I would recommend him to anyone.

February 4th, 2017
Excellent Surgeon!
Dr. Soo performed minimally invasive spinal fusion surgery of the L3/L4 for severe spinal stenosis. I am walking again with no pain and was back to work after 2 weeks and off all pain med's. He is an excellent Dr. made me feel comfortable and explained the procedure fully! However, the staff in his Novi office is very unwelcoming & unfriendly!!

February 2nd, 2017
Glad I had such a wonderful surgeon.
Great bedside manner, spends time with me and always ready to take time and not rush my questions. Humorous, funny guy.

January 30th, 2017
L4-s1 fusion on Tim kennedy
I went in to a different hospital and had what was supposed to be a routine minimally invasive procedure. After 2 attempts at that I was down to 10% ability and there I stayed...surgeon telling me that this was the best I would be....after about a year of talking to surgeons and testing...I finally met Dr. Tek Soo and he forever changed my life for the better....he made me feel like I had a chance to get back behind the wheel of a semi....3 weeks after my surgery with Dr soo....I bought a semi truck I'm currently at about 75% ability and everything looks great and I'm expected a full recovery and it looks and feels that way....I am blessed to have found and met Dr Soo...

January 30th, 2017
Pain in lower back for years.
I've been dealing with pain in my lower back for 9 years. No one knew what was wrong with me. My main Doctor sent me to see Dr. Teck Soo. After years of getting shots in my back and what ever treatments they tried. Nothing worked. Dr Soo knew the first time I seen him what was wrong. He sent me to get a test and after years of suffering they finally found the problem. After Dr.Soo did the surgery,I'm feeling excellent. It feels like I never had nothing wrong with my lower back. I would Definitely do it again.I wish I had seen him 9 years ago.Thank you Dr. Soo and all his staff. Everyone has been great.