Teck M Soo, MD
Providence Hospital and Medical Center
22250 Providence Dr Ste 601
Southfield, MI 48075
248-569-7745
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Sep 17th, 2014

this doctor is terrible, no manners, acts like a clown, he did a fusion on me and it still hurts after 3 months, when I went to the emergency room with a lot of pain he just told me he could cut my tail bone off and I could walk around like a Doberman. I told him I didn't think he was funny so he fired me and told me to never come to his office. now I ask you, don't he work for me? what a scum bag!.

|  Best Doctor Ever  |  show details
by Niki L. on Sep 8th, 2014

Dr. Soo is a man of great knowledge, skill, poise, compassion and wit. He recently performed a sacroiliac joint fusion for me. Now, I'm not crazy about doctors, I've met my share of quacks, and surgery was the last thing I wanted to undergo. Dr. Soo, however, made this experience if not enjoyable, at least tolerable. You may have to wait a bit in the office, but the experience will be worth it. When someone is having to undergo a neurological procedure of any kind it can be traumatic and scary. Dr. Soo is a soft-spoken and compassionate man. One who treats his patients with the utmost dignity and concern. This guy's one top-notch professional. It's no wonder why he's one of the Top-!0 neurosurgeons.

|  Patient of Dr. Teck Mun Soo, M.D.  |  show details
by Frank M. Holdreith on May 9th, 2014

Dr. Soo is the most understanding & compassionate doctor that we have ever met. He performed disc surgery on me this past December, 2013, & everything went great from the actual surgery to the "soon after" recovery; we cannot praise him enough. He is the "best" on our book!

|  AWESOME Doctor!  |  show details
by Mrs. McKinney on Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Soo, Is honest, skilled, trustworthy, and hilarious! He will tell you the truth about whether or not he can help, and I will forever be greatful for the service (surgery on my spine) that he has done for me. I am young and he was confident even though at the time I was not about fixing the herniated disc in my back. The wait time is between 20-30min, but it is well worth it, this Dr. wants the total history so he can help!

|  office scheduling  |  show details
by Pamela Mize on Apr 14th, 2014

I suffered back pain for eight years due to fear of surgery. Dr. Soo explained the procedure to me and definately put my fears to rest. He also let me know that everything he was telling me was true and would not lie to me. I am happy to say he is up front and honest. Had my four week follow-up and all was good.I Because more attention had to be focused on my left side I am experiencing some discomfort on the left side after 7 weeks. It feels swollen and have difficulty sleeping every night since the surgery 7 weeks ago. This may be normal but decided to call and schedule an appointment. When I explained to the office about my problem they informed me they couldn't schedule me until May 1st. Seriously? Another 3 weeks of sleepless nights? I was told if I couldn't wait that long to go to emergncy. I don't care to go to someone who isn't familiar with the procedure Dr. Soo did and nor should I have to wait three weeks to get an appt. I highly doubt that Dr. Soo is aware of the attitude of the person who does the scheduling. I realize I'm not his only patient but he did the surgery and I feel he is the one I should see. Not some stranger who isn't familiar with my case. I just want to know if I'm healing properly or is there a problem. If there is a problem shouldn't I know this ASAP instead of waiting another three weeks of discomfort and sleepless nights? By no means am I trying to discredit Dr. Soo's ability to perform top notch surgery. He is the best there is. He performed surgery on two of my friends who are now living life pain free. Please don't misunderstand me, DR. Soo has relieved the excruciating back pain I suffered for eight years and I am forever thankful to him. I have my life back because of his gift of knowledge to perform surgery. He may not walk on water but he is close to It when it comes to preforming surgery.

|  Glad I found Dr.Teck Soo  |  show details
by Don T on Feb 11th, 2014

After seeing several doctors and specialists for my pain as well as other symptoms, Dr. Soo discovered by MRI (others had missed it)that I had a tethered spinal cord. The surgery became very lengthy and difficult. Dr Soo was very diligent in correcting all the nerve damage deep within my lower back. The surgery was a great success and glad I had come to Dr. Soo. In all my visits he has treated wife and I with respect and concern, listened without rushing. Would certainly recommend!

|  Outstanding physician  |  show details
by Robert Howell on Jan 15th, 2014

Dr. Soo was tremendous in his diagnosis, empathetic prior to surgery and he was 100% on execution of his procedure to correct my herniated disc resulting in immediate pain relief. He is very personable, caring and intelligent while explaining in layman's terminology. I recommend Dr. Soo for spinal injuries and I would seek his expertise if I had this problem again in the future.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Timothy Christie on Dec 18th, 2013

First I was injured while serving in the USAF back in 1983 and had 4 pervious back surgeries, 1987,2004,2008 and 2010.I searched out Dr Soo for a second opinion then chose him to be my doctor, as HFHS was scheduling a 5 disc fusion, s-1 to l-2. My first office visit he explained that he needed a myliogram to get a better picture. Dr Soo gave me his cell phone number and directed me to call him the day after the test. After the test we talked on the phone for about 30 min. He advised against any surgical intervention at this time but to call him if things got worse. Approximently 7 months later my symptoms got worse and his office advised me to go to ER at Providence hospital. Because I was a patient of Dr Soo's, the staff from the ER contacted him directly and he ordered test, and pain medication right away. I was in great hands. Before I was admitted Dr. Soo ordered a MRI and a CAT Scan. I was in terrible pain and losing feeling in my right foot. Dr Soo admitted me. I was stable and given great care to control my pain. Once a time slot was open for surgery, as a non scheduled procedure, Dr Soo spent 4.5 hours in surgury . Dr Soo explained before surgury what needed to be done in a with great care not to talk over my head, and listened to my concerns with great care and compassion. He and his surgical staff kept my family informed throughout surgery and made them feel at ease that I was in good condition and I was going to be ok. He followed up with me my entire stay in the hospital, and discharged me only when he knew I could care for myself at home. I felt Dr. Soo went over and above standard care to make my procedure a success, and made feel confident I was cared for by the best Surgeon I've ever known. His expertise is unparalleled in the field of neurosurgery. This entire process was done minimumly invasive, and I have healed quicker than expected. I would recommend Dr Soo over any other surgeon in this field.

|  Doctor Soo  |  show details
by Linda Austin on Dec 9th, 2013

I Have had neck surgery. I have not had any problem. So NO One but Doctor Soo was going to touch my back. You hear so many bad storys . BUT with Doctor Soo I Know I am safe. Thank You Doctor Soo. For taking most of the fears away:-)

|  Mr.  |  show details
by James Rudd on Oct 20th, 2013

After five back surgeries, spinal cord stimulator implant (which offered very minimal relief) and countless hours in rehabilitation, I was advised by numerous doctors that nothing else could be done to alleviate my intense back and leg pain. I was bedridden 23 hours a day, or more. Pain medication provided almost no relief. No physical position would give me any relief and pain medication all but ceased to help with the pain. I was literally at the point of despair. Then I made an appointment with Dr. Soo. After studying my medical history, xray film and MRA film, he was convinced he could substantially reduce my pain level, and maybe eliminate it completely. I am very pleased to report that after a five hour surgery and months of recovery, Dr. Soo has accomplished what all the other doctors said could not be done. My leg and hip pain, which was intense, is completely gone. My back pain is minimal and I am hopeful it will also be eliminated eventually, but even if it doesn't, I could not be more pleased with the results. Dr. Soo has absolutely turned my life around and I could not offer more profound thanks.

|  My experience with Dr. Soo  |  show details
by Leonard Zucker on Sep 24th, 2013

I had my first appointment with Dr. Soo on August 12, 2013. He made me feel comfortable about my back surgery procedure. The surgery was performed on August 27. The first 4 days were painful but then each day got better and better. I spent eight days in a rehab facility and was discharged to return home. I have been relatively pain free since and I am a totally new person with out pain and functioning normally. My friends can not believe my recovery. Dr. Soo was very open and positive in his diagnosis and the surgery procedure, my only complaint was that he did not inform me about how much discomfort I would experience immediately after the surgery. I would highly recommend him to any one suffering from back problems. My only regret is that I did not have the procedure earlier.

|  Life is Great Now!!  |  show details
by kathy Brunner on Sep 19th, 2013

Dr.Teck Soo put the meaning of Quality back into my life! I feel wonderful. I stand up straight and proud now and NO pain!! If you have problems with your back or neck etc. Dr. Teck Soo is the right Doctor for you. Thank You Dr. Soo for all you did for me and my family ;)

|  Dr. Soo is the very best.  |  show details
by Paula on Sep 11th, 2013

Among the several surgeons I interviewed Dr. Soo was the most impressive and his procedure for relieving my spinal problem was the least invasive and historically most successful. Dr. Soo is an excellent surgeon. His skills are superb. His compassion and caring for his patients is unsurpassed. I would highly recommend him. FWIW, I am an MD.

|  Saved my career  |  show details
by Bill M on Sep 1st, 2013

Symptoms came on very quickly. MRI ordered that day, consult and anterior fusion surgery within 7 days. In and out of hospital in 24 hours with anterior fusion at single level. 7 Days post op now numbness and pain almost completely gone from affected areas. Have to wear a c-collar for 4 to weeks but a small price to pay, have to keep bones and hardware stable while fusion is taking place. Anterior neck scar almost invisible only 7 days out. Staff very kind and courteous, necessary forms for work filled out and ready upon follow up visit as requested. Absolutely no post op pain meds required though I don't suggest that for all patients. If you can tolerate the pain I always go without the narcotics. Not my cup of tea but your mileage may vary. Just a little tylenol and a positive attitude. I will be ready to return to work with no restrictions 28 days from the date of surgery. How can I complain about that after having had a surgery that had I delayed another could of weeks could and and more than would have resulted in permanent paralysis. Dr. Soo and his group not only saved my career but my life.

|  Brilliant Dr, Amazing Man, Gave me my life back!!  |  show details
by Kahlin K. on Aug 30th, 2013

I am forever thankful to Dr. Soo for giving my my life back. I am only 26 years old, and just two years ago, within a blink of an eye, my entire world was changed due to a herniated disc in my lower back. I was forced to quit my job, move across the country to live with my parents because I was unable to do anything due to the severity of the pain. For two years I worked with countless drs, surgeons, alternative medicine specialists, physical therapists...you name it, I tried it. NO ONE could help me, and none of the 3 other surgeons I met with were willing to operate because of how young I was. I was referred to Dr. Soo by a friend who had worked with the same drs. I had in my home town and had no relief after 2 surgeries. I immediately called to make an appointment to meet with Dr. Soo after hearing her story. I did have to wait a month and a half, but it was SOOOOOO worth it. I would expect a year waiting list with how amazing this man truly is. The moment I met with Dr. Soo I was immediately comfortable. He talked to me as another human being, not like just another patient. We didn't even go in an exam room, we just sat in his office and talked. He gave me ALL the time I needed, and answered every question I had. You can honestly feel that he really does care about helping to relieve the pain you are in. He cared to hear about my life, what I wanted to accomplish and where I wanted to go. It meant the world to be treated with such compassion. Within minutes of going over my history and looking at my MRI he looked me in the eyes and said to me "I am going to fix you. You will have your life back." I will never forget that day. I left his office knowing 100% that this was the Dr. that was going to take care of me. I called my family and said to them "I know I have worked with so many drs now, and have been promised the impossible, but I KNOW Dr. Soo is going to be the one to make me better." I did have to go through some testing with a pain management dr. for several months because I had multiple herniation's, so we had to find out which one was causing my pain. But once we had the testing we needed, I met back with Dr. Soo, he looked at the Disco-gram results (Showing the problem disc) and literally within minutes I was scheduled for surgery. I only had to wait two weeks! I had a minimally invasive spinal fusion, was pain free (other than the surgical pain, which was a million times easier to deal with) as soon as the anesthesia wore off, and was walking around the hospital within hours of surgery. I was only in the hospital for 3 nights. I had my surgery at providence hospital in Novi. It was the nicest hospital I have ever been to (and unfortunately I've been to many.) Dr. Soo and his team came in and talked with my daily, and my nurses and other Drs. on staff were all wonderful. Yesterday I went back to see Dr. Soo for my one month post operative appointment. I am completely pain free, I have been off my meds (other than once dose at night) for almost two weeks now, and feel better than I ever have. My incisions were completely healed within the first couple weeks and I had absolutely no issues at all. When I saw Dr. Soo yesterday he gave me a hug, and I could see in his smile that he was genuinely happy to see me pain free. It wasn't about him being successful (the mans a genius, he doesn't need another patient to prove that) it was honest compassion for another human being, as simple as that. This man was blessed with a gift that I could never imagine. But more than that, he is a joy to be around. His presence both before and after surgery gave me a sense of calm that I never could have anticipated going into such a serious surgery. I honestly can NOT say enough great things about Dr. Soo. I would not recommend any other Dr. in the world. He has changed my entire life, and will forever be thankful to him for that.

|  Spinal Fusion Surgery  |  show details
by Jill Johnson on Aug 23rd, 2013

Dr. Soo was wonderful. I was only 41 with a fractured spine and severe slip. Spondylolesthesis grade 3. I needed the L5/S1 fused. First, I didn't want an unnecessary operation, but I was in pain and very concerned about the lack of stability in my back due to the fracture. I was able to hear him with other patients while I waited to meet him for the first time and it was clear that he would not jump to operating on people. There are a lot of other options for many circumstances that should be exhausted first. For me, however, this was not the case. There was no other option and he made me comfortable with that fact and with him. He did the surgery. I was immediately better. Recovery from surgery included pain, but the pain was different and the back pain and leg pains and numbness were gone. I had the surprise opportunity to really test the surgery by having an easy, successful pregnancy right after with absolutely no back issues with carrying the baby or delivering! He did great and I plan to never see him again! However, if needed, he is the only one, or one trained by him, that I'd want to work on me.

|  Brilliant, Caring Surgeon - Mom Is Now PAIN FREE  |  show details
by Katherine C. on Aug 20th, 2013

If you are in need of surgery this man is a GENIUS. My 80 year old mother was in excruciating back pain and could not walk. After consulting 6 of Detroit's "best" spinal and neurosurgeons, we found Dr. Soo. The other 6 surgeon's proposed spinal surgeries they involved huge, full body scars and lengthy recovery times. Dr. Soo performed a newer, more innovative surgery and my 80 year old mother was WALKING THE DAY AFTER SURGERY and SHE HAS NOT HAD A MOMENT'S PAIN since the surgery. Our family owes him everything! We are so grateful. And, not only is he brilliant, he is kind and caring. Don't look any farther - just go to Dr. Soo!

|  Terrible office staff-Rude staff  |  show details
by PK on Aug 8th, 2013

Office staff should be fired. The older woman has the front desk has a horrible attitude. She was argumentative, rude and the people in the office overheard her how rude she was to me. I would never go back to this office. I saw Dr Soo in the past but he would not take my insurance so I was sent to one of their doctors who would not even do another myleogram and wanted to use a myleogram that was done in 2009 which was irrevelant to my current situation. Dr Soo is lousy at managing his office staff and is going to have patients leave based on his staff's attitude. I will go somewhere else where I get better care.

|  Rude and Dismissive  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2013

I am shocked to see how many positive reviews he has as this doctor has no bediside manners whatsoever. Doctor was assigned to my mother due to a car accident. We usually go to Beaumont, but had to go to Providence due to the distance of the hospital from the accident. Doctor did not spend a lot of time discussing options nor did he listen to the needs of my mother. On the follow up appointment my mother complained of still being in pain and he had the audacity to tell her she should be happy to be alive. Will never recommend or refer and will be sure to post this on any and all review sites that I can find.

|  Dr. Soo  |  show details
by luvinia nicholas on Apr 9th, 2013

Dr. Soo is very sure of his craft and wants you to understand your problem. I had been in pain for 5 yrs one vist to him he set up test that other Dr. did not and one year later no pain and no pain meds. At 65 yrs old thats a blessing. after working in factory for years. Need a great back Dr. Dr. Soo is the one

|  RN, MSN  |  show details
by Nadine Lollie on Apr 4th, 2013

I have had degenerative bone problems and Dr. Soo is the only person I will trust! I have been his client since 2005 and because of God and Dr. Soo skillful knowledge and experience the surgery I have had kept me standing tall. The first day I met Dr. Soo he made me feel like we had known each other for years. He explained to me what I needed to have done, why, and he showed me the MRI of area of concern. We talk about consequences of not having the surgery and the truth/risk about having the surgery. Before surgery I prayed with the staff and I felt good about it! Dr. Tech Soo is the best Neurosurgeon in Michigan and possibly second to known to Dr. Ben Carson in the World. If you have any neurological issues you owe it to yourself to have the best doctor...Dr. Tech Soo

by Kent Palmer on Mar 11th, 2013

I had been in severe pain for most of the summer and Dr Soo was recommended to me as being an excellent doctor as well as very honest . I was told that if he could not help me he would say so. He is very honest and not knife happy.I did have surgery and am now pain free in that leg and he is also a very , very pleasant and nice to deal with. I can't thank him enough. Kent Palmer

|  Dr. Soo  |  show details
by Claudia T on Jan 23rd, 2013

I have been in Dr. Soo's care since 2008. Due to several degenerative diseases I have had two spinal fusions and am awaiting a third. He is not quick to cut but will try to resolve problems in non invasive ways first. Dr. Soo is extremely intelligent, skillful and compassionate. I would not even consider another doctor. He is the best!

|  Dr soo is a great Dr  |  show details
by lawrence awdish on Dec 6th, 2012

Dr teck soo is very understanding to his patients back (spine) problemsDr soo explains everything in detailDr soo uses surgery only as a last resort

|  Dr. Soo is the only NS you ever need to see!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

For years I suffered from shooting pain from my neck to the front of the right side of my head all the way to my eye. The vertebrae where obviously deformed and caused severe pain as well. I saw many doctors who told my it was arthritis and to just live with it. This was just not possible. The pain kept me on the couch and left me very depressed. I did alot of research and finally found Dr. Soo, my savior! He had me get a cat-scan, mri, nerve blocks for diagnostic purposes only, then finally a body scan. After all of this he found out I had a pinch nerve and deformities at c2, c3 and c4! I just had surgery and for the first time in YEARS I am pain free! I can't say enough great things about Dr. Soo. He is compasionate, caring and take his time explaining your situation. The wait to see him is long sometimes, but bring a good book. You end results are well worth it! Thank Dr. Soo and your wonderful staff as well! Karen B

|  Simply the best Neurosurgeon ever.  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Soo. I had my laminectomy 4 weeks ago. I was in incredible pain down my arm for months. I couldn't get a definitive diagnose from other doctors. He immediately knew how to fix it. His procedure is so far advanced. He removed a ruptured disk and cartilage in my neck. He also removed a cyst. The incision is very small. I went home the same day. Unbelievable. You do have a long wait to see him at his office but he is well worth the wait. He takes as much time as he needs for you.

|  very happy to have found him  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2012

I went to several back surgeons before I discovered Dr. Soo. My friend, after hearing my unsatisfactory with other doctors had recommended him. My husband and I liked everything about him. He made me comfortable and at ease about surgery. But before jumping into back fusion he had me try other therapy methods. And when that did not work we decided to proceed with back surgery. And I'm glad that I did it! It's been 10 weeks since surgery and I feel great. His bed side manner was excellent. He visited me twice while I was in the hospital. Amazing. I highly recommend him to anyone who has back problems.

|  The best I have felt since previous surgery 5 years ago  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

I had a previous Posterior Laminectomy with instrumentation and fusion from C3-C6 by another Neurosurgeon five years ago. Although this other surgeon saved me from a potential major spinal cord injury for which I am extremely grateful, he would never address residual pain I felt was caused by the surgery. He basically told me I was going to have to learn to live with numbness and burning in my left arm and hand. After several years my condition worsened and I couldnt sleep due to the pain along with additional pain in my left shoulder, neck and back. I had heard good things about Dr. Soo so decided to go to him instead of my previous surgeon. He found a large bone spur at C6-C7 in a mylogram test my other surgeon conducted 4.5 years prior but missed or worse ignored. I am one week post-surgery with Dr. Teck Soo now who conducted an anterior cervical decompression and fusion at C6-C7 and I can honestly say I feel better now than I have in the last 5 years. I could feel the difference upon waking up in recovery just after the surgery and a week after surgery all I have is a little bit of a sore throat.Now here is the thing. Dr. Soos office will get you an appointment very quick, but you may wait to actually see Dr. Soo once you get there. Understand that he spends a lot of time with each patient and sometimes he may run over. But I think it is better to wait in the office rather than be put off a month or two before you ever get an appointment. So, if you feel the wait is too long, buck it up, bring something to read and just wait it out youll be happy you did when you consider the years of benefit afterwards. If Im not mistaken, Dr. Soo spent more time with me in his office looking for the problem, explaining the condition and what was going to happen than the actual surgery took. After surgery he checked on me personally three times. I never saw my other doctor after the surgery until my follow up exam 6-weeks later.Thank You Dr. Soo so very much. You've given me my life back.

|  My Experience with Dr. Teck Mun Soo  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2012

After seeing a spine surgeon and being told I'd need a cervical anterior fusion and not getting the answers explaining the surgery, found Dr. Teck Soo. What a caring man! His honesty is something you don't find anymore. He took the time to explain everything and made me feel very secure in his care. Turns out, I didn't need a fusion, but rather a posterior cervical foraminotomy. Dr. Soo has earned many highly acclaimed awards, and was voted Chief of Staff by his peers. He is an extremely dedicated neurosurgeon giving of his time and expertise teaching classes to upcomming neurosurgeons at U of M University. What is so striking about Dr.Soo is his absolute honesty and kindness. If you need any spine surgery, please consider Dr. Soo as he is the best!Cathleen Pigeon

|  miracle worker  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

After Cervical surgery the pain is gone no more "Pain in the Neck" and I would highly recommend him to anyone that might need his expertise.Currently a patient of Dr.Soo,Lutrell Coleman

|  Very Disappointed  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2012

After waiting more than 3 hours to see the doctor, I received less than 10 minutes of actual time with him. Brief exam and look at MRI. Mumbled remarks that his services weren't needed and out the door without giving me a chance to ask a question. I still have cervical pain but would not return to him. Very poor people skills.

|  patient  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2011

He is very good at what he doe~s

|  SAVED My LIFE!!!!!  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2011

I had two previous Surgeries out of St.Joseph MI. Brain and spine. Two previous surgeries, after second sugery the surgeon said I will be back in 5 to 10 years for another sugery. YOU see I had 3 Bad discs in l-3,l-4,l-5,through s-1. The operation was l-3,and l-4 siattic nurves going to my feet. First sugery drew fluid out of disc, fluid calsified,and hardened. Second sugery fussion,Two different surgeons . NO CHANGE in sever PAIN. FINALLY. DR.Teck Mun Soo GREAT SURGEON, HELPED ME WALK AGAIN WITHOUT PAIN!!!!!!!!! I AM PLAYING, PLAYING, RUNNING!!!! LIKE NEVER BEFORE. THANK YOU. Drotor Teck Mun Soo.

|  Brain Tumor  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2011

You saved my Son's life and he is doing very well now thanks to you. I wouldn't go to any other surgeon.

|  Spine surgery  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

I have had back problems for many years but couldn't find a doctor who understood my problem and physical needs. Though my surgery had some complications that were unforseeable, Dr. Soo went way out of his way to make sure the complications were top priority on his list. He made good on his promise that I would finally be pain free. I would recommend Dr. Soo to anyone who has back problems. Never thought I would feel so good. Thank you Dr. Soo !!!!!!!!

|  BBG  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2011

Dr Soo is an exceptional surgeon. His reputation as such is worldwide and many of his patients come from around the U.S. In my case his experience, his brains and his hands have guaranteed a long and productive life for me as a result of the surgery he performed on my spine. Importantly, his caring about my health and welfare was and is a critical component of my healing and getting on with living. I want all my friends and family who are in need of the kind of help he is able to give, to see him and only him.

|  best doctor i know  |  show details
May 15th, 2011

I believe this doctor is an angel sent down by the lord. If the good lord was to come dowm to earth and needed the type of work that Dr. Soo provides I would recommend him without reservation. I love Dr.Teck Man Soo I invited him to our wedding. He preformed two different types of surgey on me one being a triple fussion on my neck area #3,4,5 I fill perfect. The second surgey was on my lower back a fussion of my #4th and 5th vertbra 3 years ago, and everthing is perfect. DR. Soo is the best there is. If any body ever needed this type of surgey that he provides I highly recomend him. He is awesome and I love him as a compassionate man and a DR. I would fill sorry for anybody that would never give him the opportunity to make them healthy. THANK YOU DR.SOO FOR MAKING ME HEALTHY Michael Newlon forever your patient.

|  Severe Adult scoliosis with leg pain  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2011

Dr. Soo is not only my hero but a God-sent miracle. I had been in search of a doctor that would be willing to treat my condition. Upon reviewing mt MRI his comment was "I can help you". I walked with a limp and was hunched over with my spine bowing out my back. It was a week later and I had a very complicated surgery on my back from T2-pelvis which took 11 gruling hours. 2 months later, I am walking without pain. And it is a miracle by the hands of Dr. Soo. The quality of my life has now changed. At 62, I was too young to give up, and believe me I was ready to give up!!He's not afraid to tackle the most complicated surgeeries. There is no question that I owe Dr. Soo and his associates my life!!!You also can have your life changed. Call, go to him, he will help you!!!!

|  private investigator/retired police officer  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2011

my 1st contact with dr. soo was in november of 2010, after being sent to the e.r. (nearly paralized due to a fracture in my back). my family doctor (f. robert suchyta) contacted dr. soo prior to my arrival in the e.r. at providence hospital in southfield,mi at approx. 3:30pm. I did not get down for my m.r.i. until almost 9:30pm that night. dr. soo was seated (wearing his coat) in the waiting room, waiting for my arrival to consult with me. he performed surgery on me the next day and discovered & removed a cancerous mass from my spine and saved my life. I am now continuing treatment for my cancer and hoping to live a long life. Dr. soo also recommended another oncoligist then the original one that was 1st treating me. My wife & I are very comfortable with our new doctor and have given are compliments to dr. soo for his good advice. I recently had dr. soo repair a "pinched nerve" in my neck, which he discovered in a follow-up m.r.i. I had after my november 2010 surgery. The discovery saved me from the chance of becoming a quadriplegic if I were to take a fall or have any trauma to my neck. Dr. soo is the BEST & has a friendly personility to go along with it.

Apr 22nd, 2011

Dr. Teck Soo is my hero because he saved more than my life, but my ability to live well too. I busted my neck and back in a fall, smashing my spine: C5, 6 & 7, T1 & 2. With this much damage this high quadriplegic paralysis was more than risk, it was expected. But Dr. Soo's skilled hand and expert care prevented this. He installed instrumentation that fused my spine from C3 to T3. I carry a wallet-size copy of the X-ray which shows his handiwork. I've shown it to many doctors and other neurosurgeons. All have been blown away by the mastery of Dr. Soo's work. Few can believe that I did such damage and yet can still walk. It is true that the waits can be long to see Dr. Soo. That's because his days are often interrupted to save the lives of guys like me who don't schedule our accidents.

|  awesome  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

Our overall impression of Dr. Soo was "a blessing to those in need! my husband has been suffering in pain for two years since a back injury happened to him at work! dr soo believes that he will be able to restore him to living a normal life! he was wonderful in explaining everything to us and he is very educated! looking forward to a bright future! will update after surgery in jan. 2011!

Feb 24th, 2010

I have had three complicated spinal operations with Dr. Soo. As a former healthcare professional I must admitt the recover time for each was much sooner than I expected and in lieu of the problems that were addressed the recovery was amazing.

Jul 6th, 2009

The BESTEST DOCTOR EVER.. LUV HIM :)