Dr. Teck Soo Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Teck Soo?

Dr. Soo rocks!!!!

Posted on November 17th, 2017

Dr. Soo is an extremely good neurosurgeon. He performed to cervical spine surgeries with all my complications and delays due to my other medical issues. He always was patient with both my family and I and he was thorough and very professional along with his staff. I am so pleased with the results and his bedside manner that I would tell you that picking him to do your surgery will be one of the best decisions you ever made!!!

Brilliant, Confident, Skilled and Caring.

Posted on November 16th, 2017

My tumor was in an area thought of as dangerous, difficult and possibly to many Doctors inoperable. When discussing removal with Dr. Soo he had many concerns of location of tumor to vital nerves and main artery. I watched as he studied my labs looking at every angle and planning out loud the options that would give me the best out come of recovery and quality of life. When I asked for the best Neurosurgeon knowing the seriousness of my case, both my General Practitioner and my Good friend (Surgical Nurse of 20 years) with out hesitation said get Dr. Soo. I needed a Doctor who was confident in his abilities, innovative if need be and in my first consultation I found him. Tumor was removed Mid September. His staff took amazing care of me and my family and friends are very grateful as am I. Returned back to work in 5 weeks with minimal discomfort. Now I find it hard to even remember I had surgery. To anyone faced with difficult case please do your research and I am sure that will lead you to Dr. Soo. Interns you want Dr. Soo to study under. I can not find a better word to explain Dr. Soo that BRILLIANT.

Posted on November 2nd, 2017

I went from constant pain to no pain! recovery was quick. I can now walk with my husband and take our granddaughters places.

Posted on October 12th, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Soo on two separate occasions. My first was about 8 years ago and involved a cervical fusion. This past summer, I had a double laminectomy and fusion at L4-5-S-1. I can honesty say I am now virtually pain free from the issues involving the herniated discs.

Very satisfied patient

Posted on October 5th, 2017

Dr. Soo fused my lower back 2 years ago and recently fused my neck. He is a very skilled surgeon who understands the problems causing the pain and honestly tells you whether he can fix the problem. I have some degenerating disc issues that he has very professionally helped resolve. He is a compassionate individual who will share his time with you to be certain you understand what is taking place in your body. He is the first person you should see to get an opinion before doing anything.

more than just a skilled surgeon

Posted on October 2nd, 2017

Dr. Soo performed a posterior cervical decompression and fusion from C4 to T1 in June, 2014, and a lumbar laminectomy and fusion from L4 to S1 in 2012, both times allowing me to regain control of a limb that was no longer functioning, and reacting to the brains signals. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t give thanks for what he, and his talented staff, has been able to do for me. Skilled surgeons, and their teams are more than just healthcare professionals, they change lives and provide patients with a better future, and hope, when they feel that there is none left. Dr. Soo is more than just a skilled surgeon, he is an inspirational and extraordinary human being, and a person you should consider seeing if ever in the unfortunate position of needing spine or brain surgery.

Back Surgery July 7, 2017

Posted on September 23rd, 2017

Posterior Lumbar lnterbody Fusion L3-S1 with Laminectomy L1-5 Had Surgery July 7, 2017. I am writing this review 80 days post operation and I can tell you that Dr. Soo has given me my life back! I am walking over 1.25 miles daily with and without the Trekking Poles and have no pain or numbness in either leg. Back pain is minimal and improving daily. Dr. Soo said that it was a difficult 5.5-hour surgery because the spine bone was hardened. Originally planned to have a Laminectomy L1-3 but he added L4 and L5 once they had me opened. Three spinal vertebrae were fused and stabilized with rods and screws. Hospital stay was shortened to two days because I had no complications and could urinate successfully after the Foley catheter was removed. I could use the walker to move in the hallway and up the stairs-painful but achievable. I was glad to get home, even though I underestimated the recovery process. The first 7 days were pretty much a blur with the focus on getting in and out of bed using the walker and watching the clock for the next dose of muscle relaxer and pain medication. I was sleeping 14 hours per day. I have had back problems for the last ten years and during the last two years it had been affecting my mobility. I could only walk short distances before my right leg would become so painful that I would have to sit and recover before I could walk another stretch. I was the person who always used a shopping cart for support. I could ride my bicycle with little pain and had no pain while sitting or lying in bed. I also had numbness in my right lower leg that felt like I was wearing a snowmobile boot. I visited chiropractors, had back injections, had physical therapy, and used an inversion board for traction. The treatment provided some relief but during the last two years, it seemed to worsen. I had another MRI in May of 2017 and it showed sever impingement of the peripheral nerves as well as much narrowing of the spinal cavity (Stenosis). The prognosis was bleak and only then did I decide that the risk of major surgery was worth a try. Immediately after the surgery, I was pleased to have feeling in my right lower leg. The month of July was very painful, strangely with most of the thigh muscle pain in my “good” left leg. The meds made the pain bearable but many times it was a “10” before the next dose. Improvements were measured in weeks rather than days. Pain levels at incisions were very high. I am happy to say that I have regained almost all motor and sensory nerve pathways to my legs. Back pain is like having a stiff back. I can walk. The hardest part now is following the directives of no lifting, bending, or stretching until January. I would classify this surgery as a success!

GREAT DOCTOR-THE BEST

Posted on September 19th, 2017

EXCELLENT SURGEON, REALLY KNOWS SPINAL SURGERY, I HAD SPINAL STENOSIS FOR 2 YEARS, LOT OF PAIN, AFTER SURGERY NO PAIN AT ALL. DR SOO INVENTED SURGICAL TECNIQUES AND HARDWARE HE USES. VERY CONFIDENT, YET RELAXED DR. I RECOMMENED HIGHLY!! RICHARD HAMMER, PLYMOUTH mI

Dr. Teck Soo is the best

Posted on August 30th, 2017

Dr. Soo not only performed my cervical spine surgery with the expertise of a surgeon at the top of his profession, he helped guide me through the experience with something beyond the usual: humor. His confidence and clear explanations of the procedure and those of his staff were remarkable. I am proud to mention that Dr.Soo performed my surgery. the scar is nearly invisible ! Thank you Dr. Soo.

Back surgery

Posted on August 21st, 2017

Having been in pain for a long time saw Dr Soo did great job have not felt this good in years.

Posted on August 12th, 2017

Dr. Teck Soo saved my life. I had been running from one Dr to another with lower back pain for two years. Dr Teck Soo immediately determined that I needed a MRI on my neck which was confusing to me. I actually had severely compressed cervical discs and was on the verge of a massive stroke. I was shocked because I had no pain in my neck. I had surgery within a few days, I came home the next day and I feel great. I had a complete blockage of spinal fluids. Thank you Dr. Teck Soo!

Great dr.

Posted on June 1st, 2017

I had serious back injury and dr soo using minimally invasive techniques fixed all the problems and i am virtually pain free. Great dr, great surgeon, great person. Would recommend him to all.