Dr. Teck Soo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Teck Soo?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 23rd, 2017

Back Surgery July 7, 2017

Posterior Lumbar lnterbody Fusion L3-S1 with Laminectomy L1-5 Had Surgery July 7, 2017. I am writing this review 80 days post operation and I can tell you that Dr. Soo has given me my life back! I am walking over 1.25 miles daily with and without the Trekking Poles and have no pain or numbness in either leg. Back pain is minimal and improving daily. Dr. Soo said that it was a difficult 5.5-hour surgery because the spine bone was hardened. Originally planned to have a Laminectomy L1-3 but he added L4 and L5 once they had me opened. Three spinal vertebrae were fused and stabilized with rods and screws. Hospital stay was shortened to two days because I had no complications and could urinate successfully after the Foley catheter was removed. I could use the walker to move in the hallway and up the stairs-painful but achievable. I was glad to get home, even though I underestimated the recovery process. The first 7 days were pretty much a blur with the focus on getting in and out of bed using the walker and watching the clock for the next dose of muscle relaxer and pain medication. I was sleeping 14 hours per day. I have had back problems for the last ten years and during the last two years it had been affecting my mobility. I could only walk short distances before my right leg would become so painful that I would have to sit and recover before I could walk another stretch. I was the person who always used a shopping cart for support. I could ride my bicycle with little pain and had no pain while sitting or lying in bed. I also had numbness in my right lower leg that felt like I was wearing a snowmobile boot. I visited chiropractors, had back injections, had physical therapy, and used an inversion board for traction. The treatment provided some relief but during the last two years, it seemed to worsen. I had another MRI in May of 2017 and it showed sever impingement of the peripheral nerves as well as much narrowing of the spinal cavity (Stenosis). The prognosis was bleak and only then did I decide that the risk of major surgery was worth a try. Immediately after the surgery, I was pleased to have feeling in my right lower leg. The month of July was very painful, strangely with most of the thigh muscle pain in my “good” left leg. The meds made the pain bearable but many times it was a “10” before the next dose. Improvements were measured in weeks rather than days. Pain levels at incisions were very high. I am happy to say that I have regained almost all motor and sensory nerve pathways to my legs. Back pain is like having a stiff back. I can walk. The hardest part now is following the directives of no lifting, bending, or stretching until January. I would classify this surgery as a success!

September 19th, 2017

GREAT DOCTOR-THE BEST

EXCELLENT SURGEON, REALLY KNOWS SPINAL SURGERY, I HAD SPINAL STENOSIS FOR 2 YEARS, LOT OF PAIN, AFTER SURGERY NO PAIN AT ALL. DR SOO INVENTED SURGICAL TECNIQUES AND HARDWARE HE USES. VERY CONFIDENT, YET RELAXED DR. I RECOMMENED HIGHLY!! RICHARD HAMMER, PLYMOUTH mI

August 30th, 2017

Dr. Teck Soo is the best

Dr. Soo not only performed my cervical spine surgery with the expertise of a surgeon at the top of his profession, he helped guide me through the experience with something beyond the usual: humor. His confidence and clear explanations of the procedure and those of his staff were remarkable. I am proud to mention that Dr.Soo performed my surgery. the scar is nearly invisible ! Thank you Dr. Soo.

August 21st, 2017

Back surgery

Having been in pain for a long time saw Dr Soo did great job have not felt this good in years.

August 12th, 2017

Dr. Teck Soo saved my life. I had been running from one Dr to another with lower back pain for two years. Dr Teck Soo immediately determined that I needed a MRI on my neck which was confusing to me. I actually had severely compressed cervical discs and was on the verge of a massive stroke. I was shocked because I had no pain in my neck. I had surgery within a few days, I came home the next day and I feel great. I had a complete blockage of spinal fluids. Thank you Dr. Teck Soo!

June 1st, 2017

Great dr.

I had serious back injury and dr soo using minimally invasive techniques fixed all the problems and i am virtually pain free. Great dr, great surgeon, great person. Would recommend him to all.

May 16th, 2017

Highly recommend

April 27th, 2017

He was the best !!!

Personally and professionally, Dr. Soo is top notch. He is a gifted surgeon and an even nicer person. My leg pain went from a 10 to 0 immediately after surgery. He explained everything very clearly to me and left the decision to me. He is also a very good man.

April 21st, 2017

Outstanding surgeon, wish I had gone to him earlier

Did an amazing job of resolving failed disc resulting from prior operation/fusion by another doctor. Dr Soo is now my only surgeon that I trust and will use for my spinal care.

April 20th, 2017

Dr. Soo Exemplifies Excellence in all facets of Neurological Surgery

As a corporate Facilitator who specializes in customer service training, I am highly attuned to quality care, professionalism and a strong sense of humanity. Dr. Soo excels is all of these areas, and does so with a sense of humor filled with exceptional wit. I highest compliment I can give from my perspective is that I felt that I was in capable and very competent hands throughout the pre-surgery, during surgery and in post surgery process. I am two weeks into recovery here at home and I am grateful to have had this important ACDF surgery which immediately relieved the cervical radiculopathy, and now I'm on the right path to total recovery. Probably one of the best Neurosurgeons in the world.

April 8th, 2017

Dr. Soo has preformed cervical and lumbar surgery on me. I think that he is excellent at his craft. If you can get into see him you should. I am walking and working full time because of him. I am also enjoying my life with very little pain.

April 5th, 2017

Proclaiming Dr.Tek Mun Soo Day in my household every February 15th

I had minimal invasive tri-level decompression and fusion on the C5,C6 and C7. Dr Soo repaired my neck and I am on my way to living a pain free life. He is very good at what he does, he is personable, but to the point. I can say I would recommend Dr. Soo to anyone who needs spinal surgery