A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ted Thornton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ted Thornton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thornton
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Thornton Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ted Thornton, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Thornton graduated from West Virginia University, Morgantown.
Dr. Thornton has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ted Douglas Thornton MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Ted D. Thornton practice?
- Dr. Ted Thornton has 1 office location.
Dr. Ted Thornton practices Psychiatry near Charleston, WV.
See Charleston Psychiatrists.