Child, Adolescent, and Adult Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Feb 3rd, 2014

Not one person smiles do be prepared to wait and don't expect a friendly staff. The ones that are friendly don't last long. Huge turnover. Expect calls to go unanswered and to always leave a message during business hours. Another words if you have high expectations this practice is not for you. I saw Dr. Williams and he is very intelligent but pushes his TMS. I went for an evaluation and once you cant pay for it they write you off. Its all about the money sadly not the wellness of the patient. Go here as a last resort if you can afford TMS give your money to someone else. The PAs are great, I can say that.

|  Quack  |  show details
by concerned parent on Sep 17th, 2013

My son went to see him when I was having surgery. He was not his regular doctor and after a 45 minuet wait he spent a whole five minuets with him and told him he was cutting hi meds and my son who was already having a full blown panic attack told him some rude things and left crying. My son went back to say he was sorry only to be told not only could he not talk with him but the police were called and he was told he had 30 days to find another doctor.It took us 2 almost 3 months to find the doctor he was seeing under Dr Williams I have left numerous messages to have DR Williams call me now I will be reporting him to a Malpractice board . I have only good things to say about his regular dortor who works under this quack with the acception that he would not return a phone call as well. In my opinion that get you with the good doctor then after so many visits you have to see this 2,5 star rated doctor and he is in my opinion not fit talk to my dog. This man has no compassion . and the good Load above he will answer to since he hides behind him.Hope this helps any one...yes they have great doc at his practice but sooner or later they will have to see him...Word to the wise run do not walk away from this monster

|  AMAZING  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2013

I went to Dr. Williams because I have been suffering from severe depression for many..many years. I felt hopeless, and abandonded my other doctors. All I wanted was for someone to listen, understand, empathize, and not jugde. And that is exactly what I got from Dr. Williams, and his WONDERFUL staff. They are such a blessing, and I highly recommend Dr. Williams, PAs, and staff to everyone in San Antonio. He really cares, and his patients are more then just another patient. So if you are looking for a psychiatrist, or just in between another Dr....schedule an appt with Genesis Psychiatric Center.

|  Compassionate and Caring Psychiatrist  |  show details
by J.U. on Jun 19th, 2013

Dr. Williams has been my primary Psychiatrist for over a decade. He is singularly the most caring and compassionate physician I have ever known. Sure there were times when my wait times might have been long but that happens at any doctor's office and it's usually because someone needed more time with a pressing issue. I know I have had my pressing issues and my time ran longer, but I needed it and he was always there for me. Dr. Williams is genuinely concerned about his patients and spends the appropriate amount of time with them and does follow-ups as often as needed. He has 2 office locations and the staff at both have always treated me well. Give him a chance if you are in need of a Psychiatrist that will treat you correctly.

|  Horrible Doctor  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this Dr. to my worst enemy. That's all I have to say.

|  Doctor prefers to deal with the wealthy has an apparent prejudice against the non-affluent  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2013

My previous dr. retired and recommended Dr. Williams. After charging me $125 to hold the appointment, Dr. Williams and staff refused to treat me. I explained that I had not been treated in 6 months and was anxious to get back to treatment. Dr. Williams and his staff looked at my intake form disagreed with my previous treatment and accused me of abusing narcotics. I was able to obtain a list of all previous meds from my former physician and pharmacy confirming the meds I listed on my intake form however Dr. Williams stated there was a lack of trust and refused to treat me. So far TMB has refused to take action. Avoid this DOCTOR.

|  Waste of time / doctor stated "should be thankful he takes TRICARE"  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2012

-never a good sign when you are waiting to be seen for an initial intake appointment and you watch 4 people that previously called in for a prescription either be directed to another office location (Boerne) or directed to sit and wait-waited for about 90 minutes (showed 20 minutes prior per appointment instructions) before being called back by the provider; kind of odd that an office that has you sign a 3-page agreement on charges for being late, or charges for late cancellation, cannot extend the same professional courtesy to its patients-there was no feedback from front desk about the delay until approaching the front desk after waiting for 30 minutes-was called "entitled" by Dr. Williams, who stated that I should be thankful that he even takes TRICARE-Dr. Williams stated that he was not interested in providing me care because I was upset about the 1 hour wait, "this is probably not going to be a good fit"...probably not

Feb 15th, 2012

Avoid this doctor at all costs!!!! Negligence and rude staff.

|  Awesome psychiatrist, compassionate man.  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2011

Dr Williams has been a true blessing to my family. He's worked diligently and compassionately to help my daughter, and us, to manage her bi-polar disorder. He's a wizard when it comes to medicines and he takes the time to understand your concerns, and explain his treatment solution. Yes, I've spent some time in his waiting room, but it's always been worth the wait. He's got the perfect demeanor for this profession--kind, understanding, compassionate-- and he doesn't miss a thing. I would never think of going to another doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Nov 7th, 2011

Dr. Williams has been an amazing help to my family for the last four years. My kids feel safe with him, he is very intuitive, and he has been there to help every step of the way. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

|  Great, compassionate psychiatrist  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

Dr. Williams is extraordinarily compassionate and gentle. I don't feel "judged" for having a mood disorder and I don't feel like he or his staff treats me with less dignity than they should. That's rare in a psychiatrist's office. Dr. Williams does a good job being "present" in appointments;by this, I mean he pays attention and makes good eye contact. Personally I like the fact that he is a Christian and the decorations in his office make this clear and he's open to discussion about spiritual aspects of your illness. He never rushes me, but the flip side is that he usually is running late-maybe 30-90 minutes late. But it is never a problem getting an appointment with him.

|  Avoid This Practice At All Costs  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2011

I was misdiagnosed and found out after 6 months of seeing this "professional" that the medication I was prescribed was making me worse. He decided I was Bi-Polar. I actually was suffering from PTSD. I would leave work early in order to make it to my appointments on time. I always had a wait and was even told once after waiting for 45 minutes that the doctor was running behind and I would have to re-schedule. As I was leaving, he took another patient in who arrived 30 minutes after I did. It took my suffering from convusions to get this "caring, compassionate" practice to return my calls when I told them something was wrong and I was getting sick. Needless to say, I filed a report with the Texas State Board.

Sep 21st, 2010

He is one of the worst psychiatristds i have ver dealt within my life