Dr. Edmund Williams IV MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 22nd, 2015
Only Saw Assistant!!
How can you practice if your patients only see your assistant every appointment and time they visit for medication concerns and follow-ups?! What a lazy doctor!!

January 23rd, 2015
Do not go to this clinic if you want a doctors office that will call you back. It is extremely difficult to get anybody on the phone, and they almost never call you back within 24 hours. Trying to leave the office with a prescription is difficult as well bc normally you are seen a PA and they cannot prescribe certain medications such as Adderall. The MD is not normally in the office so you can either: A. Come back the next day to pick up your prescription. (Beware of this option bc sometimes when you drive all the way back to the office over 24 hours later the prescription still is not signed). B. They can mail you the prescription. (In other words wait 3 days until you receive it). C. They can electronically fax the prescription to your pharmacy of choice. (However, if your pharmacy is out of the medication, you are screwed bc they cannot transfer the script to another pharmacy. You have to call the office and they must refax the prescription to a new pharmacy. Which then brings you back full circle to calling the office staff and not getting a return phone call for 2 days). I would emphatically suggest using a different MD.

February 3rd, 2014
Not one person smiles do be prepared to wait and don't expect a friendly staff. The ones that are friendly don't last long. Huge turnover. Expect calls to go unanswered and to always leave a message during business hours. Another words if you have high expectations this practice is not for you. I saw Dr. Williams and he is very intelligent but pushes his TMS. I went for an evaluation and once you cant pay for it they write you off. Its all about the money sadly not the wellness of the patient. Go here as a last resort if you can afford TMS give your money to someone else. The PAs are great, I can say that.

June 25th, 2013
AMAZING
I went to Dr. Williams because I have been suffering from severe depression for many..many years. I felt hopeless, and abandonded my other doctors. All I wanted was for someone to listen, understand, empathize, and not jugde. And that is exactly what I got from Dr. Williams, and his WONDERFUL staff. They are such a blessing, and I highly recommend Dr. Williams, PAs, and staff to everyone in San Antonio. He really cares, and his patients are more then just another patient. So if you are looking for a psychiatrist, or just in between another Dr....schedule an appt with Genesis Psychiatric Center.

June 19th, 2013
Compassionate and Caring Psychiatrist
Dr. Williams has been my primary Psychiatrist for over a decade. He is singularly the most caring and compassionate physician I have ever known. Sure there were times when my wait times might have been long but that happens at any doctor's office and it's usually because someone needed more time with a pressing issue. I know I have had my pressing issues and my time ran longer, but I needed it and he was always there for me. Dr. Williams is genuinely concerned about his patients and spends the appropriate amount of time with them and does follow-ups as often as needed. He has 2 office locations and the staff at both have always treated me well. Give him a chance if you are in need of a Psychiatrist that will treat you correctly.

June 11th, 2013
Horrible Doctor
I wouldn't recommend this Dr. to my worst enemy. That's all I have to say.

February 27th, 2013
Doctor prefers to deal with the wealthy has an apparent prejudice against the non-affluent
My previous dr. retired and recommended Dr. Williams. After charging me $125 to hold the appointment, Dr. Williams and staff refused to treat me. I explained that I had not been treated in 6 months and was anxious to get back to treatment. Dr. Williams and his staff looked at my intake form disagreed with my previous treatment and accused me of abusing narcotics. I was able to obtain a list of all previous meds from my former physician and pharmacy confirming the meds I listed on my intake form however Dr. Williams stated there was a lack of trust and refused to treat me. So far TMB has refused to take action. Avoid this DOCTOR.

November 6th, 2012
Waste of time / doctor stated "should be thankful he takes TRICARE"
-never a good sign when you are waiting to be seen for an initial intake appointment and you watch 4 people that previously called in for a prescription either be directed to another office location (Boerne) or directed to sit and wait-waited for about 90 minutes (showed 20 minutes prior per appointment instructions) before being called back by the provider; kind of odd that an office that has you sign a 3-page agreement on charges for being late, or charges for late cancellation, cannot extend the same professional courtesy to its patients-there was no feedback from front desk about the delay until approaching the front desk after waiting for 30 minutes-was called "entitled" by Dr. Williams, who stated that I should be thankful that he even takes TRICARE-Dr. Williams stated that he was not interested in providing me care because I was upset about the 1 hour wait, "this is probably not going to be a good fit"...probably not

February 15th, 2012
Avoid this doctor at all costs!!!! Negligence and rude staff.

December 16th, 2011
Awesome psychiatrist, compassionate man.
Dr Williams has been a true blessing to my family. He's worked diligently and compassionately to help my daughter, and us, to manage her bi-polar disorder. He's a wizard when it comes to medicines and he takes the time to understand your concerns, and explain his treatment solution. Yes, I've spent some time in his waiting room, but it's always been worth the wait. He's got the perfect demeanor for this profession--kind, understanding, compassionate-- and he doesn't miss a thing. I would never think of going to another doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

November 8th, 2011
Dr. Williams has been an amazing help to my family for the last four years. My kids feel safe with him, he is very intuitive, and he has been there to help every step of the way. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

March 28th, 2011
Great, compassionate psychiatrist
Dr. Williams is extraordinarily compassionate and gentle. I don't feel "judged" for having a mood disorder and I don't feel like he or his staff treats me with less dignity than they should. That's rare in a psychiatrist's office. Dr. Williams does a good job being "present" in appointments;by this, I mean he pays attention and makes good eye contact. Personally I like the fact that he is a Christian and the decorations in his office make this clear and he's open to discussion about spiritual aspects of your illness. He never rushes me, but the flip side is that he usually is running late-maybe 30-90 minutes late. But it is never a problem getting an appointment with him.