Dr. Teddy Atik Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Teddy Atik?

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Teddy Atik?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 29th, 2015

Somewhat disappointed

Was very optimistic initially, already knew diagnosis of Trigger Finger ( thumb ), tried Cortisone injections but knew surgery was likely. Arrangements went smoothly. Nurse in O.R. mentioned how quick he was. Afterwards told to "keep it elevated" and take prescribed antibiotics. Returned 2 weeks later, brief meeting, nurse removed stitches, incision was not closed snuggle shut. Told to come back in 2 weeks. Had returned to light duty, retail sales, tried to keep it elevated when hand wasn't needed and while at home and while sleeping. Hand swelled considerably and began to leak clear fluid with tiny bubbles almost non stop ( had to change bandage 4 times a day due to saturation. Dr. Atik was concerned about possible infection. Scolded me for not keeping it elevated, above my heart, ALL THE TIME. I said if that was his desire he should have given me a sling of some sort. He asked if I had been keeping it properly iced, and I asked what he was talking about ( as this had NEVER been directed ). The leakage finally stopped a few days later. Extensive swelling of all fingers and wrist kept me from working for 4 days and was told that physical therapy would take care of that ( this was the 1st time P.T. was mentioned ). Ibuprofen and ice made no difference but my wife's Naproxen was a godsend to reducing swelling. Incision is now closed and first P.T. session was helpful. Feel that post op instructions were seriously lacking as well as attention to reducing considerable swelling. Would not go back to him again for these reasons.

August 8th, 2013

What an unprofessional office.From the time you walk through the doors.The staff was horrible !!!The lady at the window needs to relax and slow down..She seem as if she was in a hurry.The other staff members need to be a bit more courteus with the patients.They call you name and don't ecort you to the room they instead yelled to across the room and direct you walk to end of the hall. WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO QUALITY SERVICE. The Doctor WAS SHORT AND DID NOT AN TIME QUESTIONS...I WILL NEVER REFER THIS Dr to anyone not eny.

June 19th, 2012

Dr. Atik did two surgeries for me. I found him to be very professional and to the point. He spent time with me and answered all my questions. His front office staff leaves a little bit to be desired. One individual in particular always looks and acts angry and that she is doing you a favor to help you.

June 4th, 2012

He was rushing me out of the room and was not informative at all. He told me nothing so I had to ask questions and he was walking out of the room as he was answering.

February 24th, 2011

This is my second surgery with Dr. Atik, I feel he was accurate in my diagnosis, spending time in the office was sufficient for what I needed.I would return to see him again, recommending him to a friend of mine who is having problems.The office staff, the exit nurse can be a little more friendly, every time I was there she had a not so friendly personality.

December 9th, 2008

he was a bit abrupt..but I cracked some jokes and smiled alot..he basically was to the point and straight forward..alot of people might not like that..but he tells it the way it is..I did like him and he totally loosened up once I called him out on it. AND..he is nice to look

February 29th, 2008

lacking in bedside manner

I found this dr had poor doctor/patient communication skills. He gives less then 4 min for exam. Overbooks his patients. Doesn't show much interest.

April 10th, 2017