Dr. Terence Bertele MD, FACC Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

August 28th, 2016
Find a different doctor quickly
I went to Dr.Bertele because I was informed that Dr. Bartosyk was no longer in practice. I later found out that wasn't true. If you make an appointment with Dr.Bertele plan to be there for 3 hours. You will wait for 2 1/2 hours before you're called back to his office. The last time I saw him he spent 3 minutes with me. Finally, I went into a room for a sono of my carotid artery (which was blocked) and was sent on my way. Plus, 1 month before I could get in to see him I passed out breaking my right leg and ankle. He didn't even take 1 minute of his busy day to talk to me about it. I was livid when I left his office. He has constantly told me that he can't figure out what the problem is. I finally asked my other doctor who to go to and she recommended heart institute of southern Maryland. I'm making an appointment tomorrow morning and hopefully, these doctors will be able to tell me what's going on. I will say he's a nice man to talk with however; he's to busy to be bothered with real problems. His office manager is very nice though.

December 2nd, 2015
He's great and attentive..

October 14th, 2015
Terrible appt management
Capable facility & staff IF you dont mind waiting 45+ mins for ANY appt/ 3X Ive made appt & arrived on time/early only to be told 45+ min wait; whats the sense in the appt??

August 12th, 2013
another doc told me NOT to go to him
I waited over 3 hours for him. Each time I go he does exam he leaves to take a call or another appt then doesn't say what the diagnosis is. He always leaves in the middle of exam and doesnt return. For this very reason I was told by another local doctor not to return to him. I will not return. Other such positive reviews must be his staff because I met a few others in his office who felt the same way but dont leave because there isnt many other local cardiologists.

March 9th, 2012
One of the Best Doctors in Southern Maryland
Cares very much for his patients. Very good at explaining conditions and prescribed treatments. Would recommend him to my best friends. Very knowledgeable.

November 11th, 2011
ANY guy but this one!!!
I spent not an hour, but an hour and 20 minutes waiting on this guy (your scale doesn't register that high). He noticed something on the ekg, and had me do an echo. He showed me the video, gave me a diagnosis (failed mitral valve), but gave me no advice or counsel as to what to do about it. I paid $479. out of my OWN pocket (no insurance). I was advised to "get social security, get on medicaid, and was turned over to the office lady, who wrote my prescriptions for me (all refills of what I had previously in MN). Even though I spelled my name for her, she used another first name- another half hour wasted at the pharmacy while they re-did my labels. Oh, and I left the office with not so much as a receipt (my fault). No printout of services rendered- ZIP. They ran my card, I signed the ticket and left. Come back in a month, they said.NOT!!!

May 8th, 2011
One of my best cardiologist
I would definitely recommend him, his bedside manner is humorous, his diagnostic expertise is invaluable. I have been dealing with cardiologist for the last 15 years and Dr Bertele is the the best one I have had since the beginning.

July 11th, 2017