Dr. Terence Degan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9
  • 11 reviews

August 29th, 2015
Went in for my knee.......
I blew my knee out one weekend and saw Dr. Degan on Monday. My knee would barely bend, and I was in pain. This was the first time I visited his office. The swelling had gone down a bit over the two days, my knee was still no where near normal. He had me get it x-ray'd and pretty much told me it would get better on its own. The knee issue was handled OK... . Problem is I also mentioned a bunch of other concerns I had, and he seemed to not even care. He had no help to offer. And like I previously stated this was the first time I had visited him. I am switching my MD asap.

June 23rd, 2014
Very competent, very helpful
As I Doc, I know what is acceptable and what isn't. Dr. Degan and his staff have always been there and ALWAYS professional. Dr. Degan and his team have done a wonderful job with my family.

May 8th, 2013
Awesome doctor..
Dr.Degan has changed my life. He was honest about where my health was going to be a few years from now and motivated me to lose over thirty pounds and dropped my blood pressure to a safe level as well as my sugar level. You want it sugar coated maybe Degan isn't for you but I'd rather have a guy who knows what he's doing and is honest with me about my health, not someone who makes things sound better than they are. Dr.Degan has referred my wife and I three times to specialists who have performed hip replacement, rotator cuff surgery and basel skin cell cancer surgery and all of these have improved our qualilty of life. We will always trust Dr.Degan

October 3rd, 2011
Worst Doctor Ever
Dr. Degan has the absolute worst "patient experience" of any doctor my family has ever seen. We have lived in 4 states and, accordingly, have many doctors on which to compare. This office is bad - period. I am diabetic and needed insulin after having my purse stolen - Dr. Degan told me to "go to the ER if my situation was life threatening." When we were transfered again for work he refused to sign our son's new school health certificate because we would no longer be his patient. Dr. Degan and his staff are really bad.

August 29th, 2011
Doctor cares about himself more than the patients.
Do yourself a favor, go somewhere else. There is a reason it is easy to get in to see him, and it is not because his office is far away.

June 16th, 2011
Great and personable
My doctor for over 10 years and thru insurance and no insurance, he has taken care of me and spent more than adequate time talking to me. He is a very nice doctor, but if you're looking for a long relaxing chat, this is not the doctor for you, as he is, in fact a doctor, with other patients to see.

October 21st, 2010
Saved Our Lives
Dr. Degan is an outstanding doctor. By accurate and immediate diagnosis he saved my life and the life of my wife. I recommend this superb family doctor to all.

October 4th, 2010
Do not waste your time
Please don't waste your time or money on this doctor. Keep searching.

July 23rd, 2010
For myself and my wife, Dr. Degan quickly reacted to our serious medical problems and referred us to appropriate specialists. We are both alive today because of his competence.

October 20th, 2008
NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR HEALTH, QUICK TO RUSH YOU OUT
Dr. Degan is not interested in your concerns about your health. He is quick to rush you out the door. When I had serious symptoms and he couldn't accurately diagnose it, couldn't find a cause, this doctor was not willing to refer to another physician for 2nd opinion. He seemed to save money for the insurance company. He seemed to care for the monetary incentives the insurance companies give to him, and therefore, he has very little interest in his patients. The staff is gloss-surface courteous, but when it gets down to business, the doctor and his staff show their true colors.They are there for the cash and for the insurance company, not truly concerned for anybody else.

September 25th, 2008
Dr. Degan is not willing to follow through, nor is he interested in your concerns regarding your health. He is not willing to talk with you regarding your concerns and rushes you out the door. He states that he is an evidence-based physician but is not willing to research your health via diagnostic testing to verify if you have a serious condition, even if you request further tests. He would rather give you medications just because you have reached a certain age rather than verify if you truly need the medication, and rather than ordering appropriate tests to verify if the medication is truly needed. He is very quick to give you medications. He does not appear to be truly interested in your health. After performing a physical, he didn't address a certain condition, nor was he willing to discuss alternatives to certain ways of dealing with the condition, but stated a certain medication would be fine, even though I stated that I was concerned regarding taking that medication. Due to family history, I requested certain testing, however he was unwilling to provide that testing. I would not recommend this physician to anyone.