Surgeons, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
North Shore Medical Group Inc
4 Centennial Dr
Ste 204
Peabody, MA 01960
978-977-0351
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  LOOSE CANNON, beware he talks badly about patients and is arrogant  |  show details
by nevermind on Dec 28th, 2013

This doctor needs to keep his mouth shut and cease his inappropriate comments that he seems to think are humorous. He also reprimands patients for being "difficult" if they ask a question he chooses not to address. He also talks about his patients to others and this is a violation of privacy. Horrible follow up and long awaited appointments are often rescheduled by his staff. Go to Boston because its worth it not to deal with him.

|  My husband's disaster  |  show details
by Carol Gray on Oct 17th, 2013

Richard, you said it best, and everything you said about him is true. Insensitive, arrogant - after he does surgery and it doesn't work, he dismisses you, or sends you to one of his many "babysitters". After the surgery we had great difficulty in seeing him again, and when we finally did, and he looked at the MRI, he said, "This is boring." I asked him if he said it because he had done his job, and he answered "yes". This pompous doctor never once considered the fact that we were there because the surgery didn't work. I would never recommend him to anyone, and if you look on other rating sites, you may find enough of us to keep you far, far away. He lacks kindness and concern for his patients.

|  Richard  |  show details
by Richard on May 23rd, 2013

After my surgery I still had pain issues and after a couple more visits the Dr. said i was being a pain in the arse, in what he thought was in a funny way. But my real issue was when he said he'd refer me to DR Sarah Lee and she would "babysit" me. Well she found out what he couldn't, 2 of the screws in my plate broke! So all my complaining and being pain in the arse ended up really being an issue! Such a pompous attitude that somehow his surgery on me was perfect and i couldn't possibly be in pain after it.

|  Poor follow-up  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2011

I saw Dr Doorly over three weeks ago. He wanted to run some more tests before making his final recommendations. His office has not scheduled these test or have called me, and I called them twice to inquire about them. I have seen three other doctors in this time and have my answers. Very disappointed in the follow-up of both Dr Doorly and his staff.

|  Glad I've chose Dr. Doorly  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2011

I've waited a year after the surgery before writing this review. I had lower back repaired by Dr. Doorly in Summer 2010 in Salem hospital. I can not even describe how happy I am with results of the surgery. Like any reasonable individual I have some "not so good days" as chronic lower back pain is no fun. I've lived with pain over 4 years and then decided on a surgery. I regret only one thing - I did not do it sooner. I had 5 epidural injections prior to the surgery (different doctor)and when they were wearing out I was back to my everyday pain. After the surgery I am virtually pain free. Dear Dr. Doorly - thank you from the bottom of my heart! You gave me my life back!

|  Life Changing  |  show details
by Connie Benedetto on May 14th, 2010

Dr. Doorly has proven to be the best Neuro Surgeon on the North Shore. I was having shoulder and neck pain and was Diagnosed in less than 24 hours of an MRI. I had surgery 5 days later. He is one of the nicest men that I have ever met and was very comforting and reassuring. I would recommend him to anyone having spinal issues in a heartbeat.

|  show details
by vicki Gamage on Apr 2nd, 2009

Dr. Doorly is wonderful! He changed my life with a micro disc ectomy. I was in significant pain, and it was immediately relieved after the surgery. I highly recommend it.