Dr. Teresa Longoria Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Teresa Longoria?

Childhood Asthma

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Teresa Longoria?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 30th, 2017

Very kind to children

Explains things to me as the parent and always very warm and kind to my children. I would recommend this doctor if you have small children.

January 9th, 2016

I have had children with Dr. Longoria since moving to Tucson in 1993. I currently have a son who goes to her and I would not change. She is extremely knowledgeable, caring and the office staff is always friendly and helpful

January 23rd, 2012

Sad to be leaving

My daughter saw Dr. Longoria throughout her childhood. She was always thoughtful understanding and caring. I never experienced a problem with billing - even when I had a lapse in coverage Dr Longoria was right there to care for my daughter. The office staff worked out a payment plan and everything! Sadly my daughter has outgrown a pediatrician (she's 19), however Dr. Longoria made an exception one last time when my daughter needed help and wasn't sure where else to go. I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Longoria and her staff. We will miss them.

December 13th, 2010

If I would of known of Dr. Longoria since my first baby I would of brought her to her. She is a great doctor and what I like a lot is that she staright out says the diagnos and checks baby in all

October 15th, 2010

Shocked and Surprised ????

My child has seen doctor Longoria for over 5 yrs and in the beginning I was thrilled to have found a doctor so attentive. However over the years I have observed a change. The nursing staff and office staff are wonderful and have patience when it comes to answering questions. However you would have to be blind not to notice that doctor Longoria struggles to hide her feelings of agitation with patients and staff when approached with concerns or challenges in regards to billing issues or normal medical concerns. I can sympathize with the stress that one may face and sum it up to shes having a bad day. However when you have established a 5yr relationship with your Childs doctor, it is shocking to be on the receiving end of such unnecessary reaction from the Doctor. I had a simple billing concern that I believed had been taken care of months ago, to my surprise I received a call from the office stating I needed to take care of the bill today. I did reluctantly and it was suggested by her office to call my insurance carrier. Since I pay a huge premium I was understandably concerned and did not want to have future occurrences. My insurance company suggested I file a grievance with my daughters provider against doctor Longoria. I have no intention of doing so because of my loyalty to my daughters long term care with doctor Longoria. I called the office to inform them of my findings, doctor Longoria was put on the phone and by the end of the conversation it ended with her stating that I do not trust her and she was now concerned and suggested that I should find another doctor for my 5 yr old. I stated that I was questioning the billing and the large charge for the visit. I explained that I would not file a grievance and my main concern was not that I had to pay out of pocket but that I wanted to avoid this situation with her office in the future. I simply wanted to clarify that future visits would be billed and coded correctly. I stated that I have always been current with payment of co-pays and payments that the insurance company did not cover in the last 5 yrs. Matter a fact my insurance company has pretty much always covered the full amount, so this was the first time her office or myself had come across this issue. I also overpaid at one point and had a credit for several future visits that would cover co-pay costs. Unfortunately I was not surprised nor shocked at doctor Longoria's reaction; she showed more concern with being right then anything else. I myself am a business woman and realize that she runs a business however errors and mistakes are made and you have to be able to handle such concerns and questions by your clients. Apparently this is not a strong point for doctor Longoria. She should seriously consider hiring someone else to deal with these types of issues rather then herself before she pushes more clients out of her doors. Otherwise like every other business that fails to address these issues she may find her doors closed for lack of clients. In closing I would have to say as long as you dont ask doctor Longoria any questions that she could react to, then youll be ok, if not you will find yourself in the sad position of finding another doctor for your child. I also was glad to see the Patients reviews and comments by another mother titled MONEY FIRST, PATIENT LATER stating a similar situation, now I know not to take it personal. It is a shame I know my daughter will miss the two wonderful nurses and doctor Longoria. I hope doctor Longoria grows and learns from this experience.

April 9th, 2010

I cannot say enough good things about this doctor. Very clean office, never have to wait, I can get my daughter's in right away. Her nurses are AMAZING! Both are very thorough and detailed. She leaves no stone unturned in finding out the problem. She is professional, kind and actually seems to care. I find this a rare quality in doctors these days. She is EXCEPTIONAL as a doctor and human being!HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER! Did I mention---how clean her office is..... I love that!

September 1st, 2009

Very satisfied

My children have been seeing Dr. Longoria for 3 years. I have always been able to get in to see her when there was an urgent need. Her staff is very efficient. Very good at returning my calls. Even when i am being a paranoid mom. Dr. Longoria has no problem answering our questions, and even breaking it down so that the kids can understand it. Very satisfied all the way around.

March 8th, 2009

Give Dr. Longoria - money first, patients later

We were quite happy with Tucson pediatrician Dr Teresa Longoria up until recently. Harvard Medical School graduate; plenty years of experience; seems to be attentive to children; runs her own medical practice with reasonably short wait time and easy appointment scheduling - what else one would want from a pediatrician? So, we thought we found a great doctor for our children. Well, as it turned out to be, not really. When two weeks ago my husband asked me to pay a few medical bills, I noticed that Dr. Longoria charged us $950 for a 2-month baby check-up. The insurance repriced this amount to about a half, but still it looked steep to me. I checked a number of other bills and saw that Dr Longoria charges $178 for 25 min visit and $118 for 15 min visit - $427.20/hour and $472/hour, accordingly. I called Dr Longoria office to inquire about $950 charge and asked if any discount can be given to this and future charges. After all, I am not printing money as our government does. The staff told me that no discount will be given, but I can discuss a payment plan at the next visit.When I brought my child to the next appointment, I was asked to pay the outstanding balance in full, which I did. A few min later, Dr Teresa Longoria called me to her office and told me the following: "I am very concerned by your financial inquiries and possible inability to pay. I am troubled to the point that I can't provide services to your children and you have to look for another pediatrician."To me, this outbreak was quite unexpected and weird. There was no reason for Dr Longoria to refuse seeing the children, her patients. I have never missed a single payment, was happy with the lengthy appointments and never questioned numerous follow-ups. It never crossed my mind that for Dr Longoria it was all about money, not well being of children.

August 29th, 2017