Dr. Teresa Romero Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Teresa Romero?

July 18th, 2013

Was a great Doctor until it became impossible to keep a scheduled Appt.

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Romero in regards to her interactions with my two boys born in 2009 and 2012. She does have an amazing talent with making children feel at ease, and she will never be a Dr. that any child will have any fears seeing. My only issues in the 3+ years we went to her, is she continually tried to lay a guilt trip on me for not getting the flu vaccine for my boys when we have a family history of fatal Guillain Barre syndrome caused by the flu vaccine, which I constantly had to remind her of, and explain. Otherwise, I believe in getting all recommended vaccines on schedule, but she tended to stereotype me into the non vax/selective vax group, automatically, for refusing a flu shot. She was also always suspicious of any bruises or marks on my children, which made me feel like she thought I was a child abuser, when in fact, neither of my boys have ever been spanked. I am simply not a "helicopter" parent that hovers over my children, and my sons get the normal bumps and scrapes that any child allowed to play outside and exercise would get. At one point, she accused me of strapping my newborn son in his car seat too tightly, and I had to point out to her, that in fact, her own thumbs made the red marks on my newborn son's belly when she picked him up. Explaining to her that being so fair skinned, any minor friction against his skin will turn it red. These were all personality quirks of hers, that I was willing to overlook and continue to see her, because she made my boys feel so comfortable. However, in trying to schedule my eldest's 4 year well visit and my youngest son's 6 month well visit, the scheduled appts were cancelled 3 times in a row, with the last being cancelled as we were walking out the door to go to the appt. At that point, we decided to leave Kelsey Seybold for good, as the same thing had occurred, 7 months earlier, with my Kelsey Seybold OB/Gyn in my 9th month of pregnancy. All but one of my weekly 9th month prenatal visits were cancelled, which made the birth of our second son very traumatic, as a result of my Dr. being unavailable and unaware of my baby's position during my last month of pregnancy. So I can no longer recommend any Doctor's at Kelsey Seybold for routine or preventative care, although it is still rather easy to get a sick care appt. the same day. The rate at which they cancel routine/well care appts., will invariably cause you to get behind schedule on vaccines or receive subpar care at critical times. It is a very disruptive and unprofessional practice of Kelsey Seybold if you happen to be a busy executive yourself.

August 30th, 2009

simply the best

I would recommend Dr. Romero to everyone! She is so caring to the children and has a something so special about herself that makes the children smile when they see her. She is the overall the best pediatrician around!

February 15th, 2009

She's the Best!

Dr. Romero is the best pediatrician around! I say that with sincerity and honesty. Kids feel very comfortable with her.

October 17th, 2016