Dr. Teresa Tan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 9th, 2016
Great Doctor
I like Dr. Tan a lot, however, the staff at the Newport News office is horrible. The front receptionist staff, to be specific. They are very very rude. Dr. Tan is very attentive and listens to my concerns and answers my questions. She never seems rushed or too busy to give her time and attention to her patients. I will be going to the Williamsburg Office - hoping it is better than the NN Office.

July 27th, 2016
Dr. Tan is a very professional and courteous doctor who is personable and makes you feel at ease. Highly recommended.

July 5th, 2016
Outstanding Dr.!!!
Outstanding OB-Gyn. Personable, caring, loving. I recommend everyone to her. I had a difficult 2nd pregnancy, and she was just wonderful.

December 29th, 2014
Not Satisfied.
Really Did not like this office. The front desk staff is from and the midwife is ok, i can't tell u about the doctor because im 6months pregnant and i still haven't met 1 yet. This is my 3rd pregnancy and im news to the area an i had to find another obgyn. I have never experienced anything like this before in a pregnancy with a physicians office

September 9th, 2014
Amazing doctor and nurse
I love going here. Dr.tan is funny and very intelligent. The people at the front desk are sometimes moody but not too bad. But her nurse is one of the reasons I keep coming here. Here name is Katy. And she is the sweetest person I have ever met in my life. She makes you feel so comfortable and welcome. Her smile is bright and always inviting and she always brightens my day. I have had a lot of complications in my old age and her and dr.tan have helped me more than anyone. I have seen multiple doctors and not one has helped me or given me an accurate diagnosis. I can't explain or give a better review for these two hard working woman. If they are about to close and I call they stay late to help me. I can tell you 99% of nurses and doctors would NEVER put that much effort into one patient. Thank you Katy and dr.tan. I Hope you two see this! And I hope I can help more people with my review.

November 7th, 2013
Terrible
I had such a difficult time with this doctor's office. The Midwife is FANTASTIC, but everyone else is just so so. This doctor spent MAYBE five minutes with me. She checked my heart rate and the baby's and then I was out and done. They can't schedule your appointment at a time that's convenient for you, just for them. So if you can't do an 8:30am appointment, you have to call back several times to try to catch that time slot because they can ONLY make appointments for ultrasounds in the order that they are made. Meaning if you call first, you get the 8:30, and the next person gets a 9:00. It's ridiculous. I obviously can't make those appointments, and I have to fight tooth and nail with them to get them to give me a time slot I can go to. It shouldn't be that difficult if I am paying YOU to provide me a service there is no reason my needs can not be met. After that crazy annoyance, I received a phone call that I needed to call the office back about my appointment (tomorrow) and they left me a phone number. I call back, and the woman was so rude. She told me that "it was PROBABLY a reminder call" . . . well thanks. I hope you didn't need me to bring anything else to this appointment because your receptionist is such a tushy. On top of all of that, every time I've gone in for an appointment besides Friday afternoon they make me wait several hours. I have gone in for a 3pm appointment before to check my heart rate and my baby's heart rate (and that was it) and didn't get out until 6pm. It's ridiculous. In closing: Don't waste your time. Pick ANYPLACE but here. The midwife is fantastic, and she gives this review an extra star, but everyone else is just mediocre. The receptionists are terrible, the wait time is obnoxious, and it's just not worth it. Not worth it at all.

November 1st, 2013
Staff at front desk friendly. Assitant who takes you to the back appears very unprofessional. Dr. Tan did not explain issues and was not able to explain what was wrong in simplier terms. Dr. Tan was asked several times to explain in simplier terms as the information and words she was using were not being understood. She appeared to dismiss the patient due to the patient being a Medicaid/Medicare patient. Very unprofessional. I do not recommed her and will not return to this office.

October 11th, 2012
?
I went to DR. Tan and I really liked her but I have a few things that I did not like. I did not like waiting over and hour to see her. And it has been three weeks and a ultrasound was going to be the next step to see what was wrong and I have not heard back yet.

June 27th, 2012
Professionalism + Understanding = A WONDERFUL DOCTOR...sw
Dr. Tan was "HIGHLY" recommended to me by many of my friends for being professional,caring,understanding,precise and down to earth. I personally did not want "Stuck Up" doctor who I can not understand and who can not understand me. Dr Tan saved my sons life, because she took the time to listen to my symptoms and concerns she detected a previa at 10 weeks, and gave me precautions to take in order to have a healthy and safe pregnacy! Dr Tan kept a close eye on everything! She greeted me with a smile every visit that I had with her and was very down to earth, which is something that I look for in a doctor. She took time to explain, listen and address all of my concerns every visit, she did not seem in a hurry or irritated when I asked questions more then once! I recommend Dr Tan to all my friends, family and anyone who may mention they are looking for a OB/GYN! I am very pleased to say that Dr Tan lived up to all the great things that I was told and even more! Professional + Understanding = a WONDERFUL DOCTOR! Thank you Dr. Tan!

June 19th, 2012
best doctor I have ever had!
I will always be grateful to dr. Tan for everything she has done for me the past 2 years. She always takes the time to discuss matters important to me. She is the only doctor I know that gives me a hug when I arrive and when I leave. She was with me every step of the way during my high risk pregnancy, difficult delivery and post surgery. She is the same way with routine exams... Fabulous! She is caring, compassionate, intelligent and extraordinary at what she does. She did an amazing job with my csection. Minimal pain and minimal scaring. I love dr. Tan and wouldn't imagine going to any other ob/gyn!

June 18th, 2012
???
I have been seeing Dr. Tan now for over 3 years. I can not believe these responses are about my OB/GYN!!! I have told all my friends to see her, and they are equally pleased by her care and compassion, and thank me that I sent them to her. I have sometimes had to wait a while, but at the end of the appointment I can see why. If she allocates for all her patients the same amount of time as she does for me, she would have to be somewhat delayed, unless she saw 1 patient an hour. Plus, the care I recieve is well worth the wait.

June 13th, 2012
Unprofessional Dr.
I would not consider Dr. Tan by any means a professional doctor. She barely gives her patients any of her time nor does she care to seem to answer her patients questions or concerns. I went to see her twice and both times she rashly gave me quick and false answers regarding my symptoms without even thoroughly doing any checkups. She also overbooks herself with patients, seeing about 10 in one hour. I would not recommend her as a doctor to anyone else. A doctor should put time and care into her patients and Dr. Tan did neither.