Dr. Terrence Dempsey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Terrence Dempsey?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Terrence Dempsey?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 20th, 2012

Saved my life

I went into Munster Community just before Memorial Day thinking I had a severe case of the flu, but was diagnosed with diverticulitis. I was in the hospital for just under two weeks because my temp and infection was hard to bring under control. After I was released I went downhill once the antibiotics ran out and had to be readmitted on the 27th of July. That Saturday afternoon Dr. Dempsey came in and pretty much laid it on the line, surgery the next day because not only was my colon more inflamed than before but I also had perforations, so it was bad! I went in on Sunday morning and one funny comment the nurses said in pre-op was that he had called and was "7 minutes out" from the hospital. I had a mental image of him flying in a MASH chopper! After surgery he came to talk to me about what had been done and explained it all to me quite well. I do have an almost zero tolerance for pain now and that has been the toughest part for me. But Dr. Dempsey listened to all my questions and answered them all. If I ever have to have surgery again in the future, hopefully not, but if I do, he is the only one I will let take a knife to me.

May 18th, 2011

Excellent doctor with a very caring manner.

January 18th, 2011

Great Doctor

This is a really great doctor, which I highly recommend. Great bed-side manner and explains things thoroughly. A+++

October 7th, 2016