Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore. Doctor.com.
 |  Really a Great Doctor  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

Dr Mandel is a neat guy, never makes you feel like you are being rushed while you are at his office. If you need a referral to another doctor, he always directs you to the best.....is is a rare doctor.

|  Over Charged for a Meet and Greet  |  show details
by meely56670 at Citysearch on Oct 15th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I went to meet Dr. Mandel some months ago when I was 8 months pregnant in search of a family physician for my unborn. I was particularly interested in him because he`s one of the only doctors in Indianapolis area who supports delayed and selective vaccinations. The secretary told me to bring my insurance card as it would not be free however they would consider it a prenatal check up. I was a little hesitant about going because I found the method of payment unclear. I was a bit desperate to find a good doctor after several unsuccesssful meet and greets with family doctors and pediatricians all of which were complimentary, even Dr. Young Park who serves 12,000 patients met with me for a complimentary meet and greet and listened and waited for all of my questions patiently. We had a friendly chat for 10, 15 minutes and he answered all my questions and asked me a few then afterwards took my vitals for some reason. I made a co payment of 20 dollars and got a bill about 2 months later in mail from the office asking for another 165 dollars for a 15 minute consultation that my insurance wouldn`t cover. I thought this was ridiculous and called the office and they promised to reduce the bill which they did to 45 dollars so they want 65 dollars co-payment included. It`s certainly better than 185co-payment included however this just put me off from the office. You`d think doctors would be more generous with the public especially when there is potential to gain new patients. I found whole experience rather annoying. I guess I`ll always be sure to be more specific with payment desires in the future for sure.

|  Great!  |  show details
by Anonymous on Aug 22nd, 2011 on doctor.com

From front desk to the Doctor Great Severice thank you!

Read Full Review at doctor.com
 |  The most compassionate doctor out there!  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2011

He is the most compassionate doctor that I have ever been to. He make me always feel comfortable about discussing my problems. His bedside manor is the best!

|  Friendly, Quick, In and Out! Vanessa F.  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2011

This is my first male doctor, ever. I liked how he made me feel comfortable, offered free samples for heartburn and I did not even have to ask him and how he wants to follow-up on my symptoms to see if the samples worked. My wait time was under 7 minute and once back in examining room, I was in and out in less than 5 minutes for the other reasons I had visited. I liked how he explained what I had and how I got the bacteria infection (darn kids and their flu). I did not have to ask for a doctors excuse because he was already prepared to write one and made it known that I was not fit to go to work the following day. He was very certain of himself and stated that he would like to by my Family Doctor if I am looking for one. I liked how his staff informed me that I had to have my PCP card updated or my insurance company would not pay for visit. That would not have been a nice surprise. His staff was also friendly. This was a great first visit. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

|  He saved my life!  |  show details
by Lynette127 on Feb 26th, 2010

All I have to say is he saved my life and that speaks for itself! He is fast and efficient. Best doctor out there!

by Coltsfan1003 on Nov 16th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Mandel is a Great dpctor on the westside of indianapolis. He always listens and goes way beyond expectation!

by energizer104 on Oct 19th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Very friendly, professional,timely,great with my children,highly recommend! Comfortable waiting room with games for my kids, even has free penny press that the kids squash pennies when they visit this friendly doctor. He is very down to earth with frien

by jparson on Nov 3rd, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Terry Mandel was excellent. He listened to all the things I had to say. He never rushed me and was a professional. He also has Nintendo 64 and gameboys to play and I am a grown adult. So his office is fun!!! Thoroughly impressed and I would recommend