Family Physicians, General Practitioner
861 Coronado Center Dr
Ste 100
Henderson, NV 89052
702-454-1322
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  I love this Doctor!  |  show details
by Marianne K. on May 10th, 2014

Dr. TJ McAnallen is a great doctor. While looking for a new PCP, I interviewed five other doctors recommended by friends and family. I am very happy that I selected Dr. McAnallen two years ago. Since then he has also treated my children and best friend. It took about a month to get a new patient appointment, but was well worth it. This doctor DO NOT overbook himself. He is not all about the money, he is all about the patient. After the initial appointment, you can always get in within a few days for a non urgent issue and the same or next day for an urgent problem. He takes the time to listen carefully and I never feel rushed. I have a very complex, rare medical condition that had been misdiagnosed by more than one specialist in Southern Nevada. Dr.McAnallen had not only heard of it, but had treated a patient with it before. On the other side of the spectrum, the friend of mine who recommended him to me (who is generally quite healthy) went to him because she was feeling depressed, run down and stressed. Many other doctors would have wrote her a prescription for an antidepressant and sent her on her way. Dr. McAnallen ordered a B-12 test on her. She was deficient in this very important vitamin. After a few weeks of supplementation, she was good as new. He dresses casually and has a hip haircut. This may be looked down on by some folks. I personally like that he isn't stuffy. My teenagers (who don't like any medical professionals) like and trust him. He is very common sense and down to earth. He doesn't order unnecessary testing, but he doesn't blow off things that other doctors would. If he doesn't have the answer, he will send you to a specialist who does. His office offers in house lab draws, chest x-rays, EKG and treadmill testing. His medical assistant Judy is awesome. If you have a question, she gets back to you the same day.

|  Worst doctor ever  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2014

This doctor should not even have a medical license and call himself a doctor. He told me I was fat (I am 30 lbs overweight) not completely obese and was having some issues breathing. I knew something was not normal. I urged him to do something and he said to go on a diet. I trusted my gut and went to another dr and sure enough I have thyroid cancer. The main symptom is breathing issues. Had Dr. McAnallen done his job and ran some tests this could have been detected sooner. He is an absolute joke. Don't put your life in his hands or you will be sorry.

|  Ms  |  show details
by C on Jan 15th, 2014

My doctor relocated to Idaho and I was referred to Dr. McNaAllen by the office staff. I have fired him I would never go back to him I prefer to die than be seen by him. He is unprofessional and humiliated me in front of interns. He brought interns with him into my room without asking at every office visit.

|  Unprofessional and incompetent  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2014

Dr. T.J. doesn't care about his patients. He made fun of me for my problems and talked down to me. I guess I should have done more research before I went to see him, because apparently he's lost his license in several other states for substance abuse problems. His attitude made me wonder if he's fallen off the wagon. Never felt so unconfident in a doctor before.

|  Great Dr  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2013

Down to earth, ease of appointments . Knowledgable and thorough

|  One of a kind. Fantastic Physician!  |  show details
by Marianne on Feb 11th, 2013

I interviewed five Primary Care Physicians before choosing Dr. McAnallen. Most were highly respected board certified Internal Medicine docs. I have a rare genetic condition that causes debilitating chronic symptoms. Dr. Mc (as he is know in our house), listens carefully and then researches fully -unlike the other doctors I interviewed who were quick to quote me the little they learned in med school then recommend treatments that were 20 to 30 years out of date. I realize that his casual style might not fit everyone's taste, but I personally find it very refreshing. What matters more to me is that he is upbeat and positive, very knowledgeable, I never feel rushed and I he really does care about his patients. My teenage son saw him for an annual check up. He was recently diagnosed with a pulmonary condition that was misdiagnosed by his previous PCP. The Pulmonologist told us that most PCPs don't realize that it isn't asthma. We were thrilled when we told Dr. Mc about his condition he knew about it and explained the mechanics of it to the med student who was visiting. Our teen who has never liked any physician gave Dr. Mc two thumbs up!

|  show details
May 18th, 2010

Appearance was most unprofessional - jewelry, spiked hair etc.

|  Excellent DOC  |  show details
by Gambill on May 19th, 2009

T.J. cannot be beat!! Especially in this demographic area!! He has an understaning of people, bodies, mechanics and medicine that goes above and beyond comparison to anyone else in his field in this area! It is a loss to this community that he has left!! There is NO DOCTOR here that has the patience nor the medical ability that this doctor has. I wish him all the best!

|  Very Caring Great Humor  |  show details
by L. Shatley on Jan 10th, 2009

Dr. T.J. is great. He treats me with respect and he makes sure I understand what is going on with my health, without talking down to me. He makes me feel at ease and at the same time he is very professional.

|  Physicals  |  show details