Dr. Terry Sawchuk MD Patient Reviews

no change

December 4th, 2015
RUN AWAY!
I've been to him before and was very pleased. (CT scan and shots near spine). After a terrible fall Which required braces, ankle boot, crutch or cane, shots in shoulder...hips...and knees..., major and minor surgery on dominate hand with 2 casts (18 months later and hand still useless) and knee scoping he was willing to give me shots near spine using old scan. When testing feeling in lower legs he didn't even have me remove my knee high boots. He'd had a rough day but is that an excuse for incompetence? Does saying if we wanted him to he'd put shots next to spine without scan the act of a good doctor? NO! It should never have been suggested. In my opinion Some desperate patient (I'm still desperate for help but not stupid) could say OK and possibly end up really messed up and the Dr could say tough luck it was your choice. I will never see him again! He's office is in the Same large building as TOSH. We can't recommend TOSH high enough because there are no words to express our appreciation and happiness for their services and Doctors. I could express my feelings for my last visit with Dr Sawchuk, but I don't use those words.

August 31st, 2015
Quality Engineer/Management
I will be a lady and use nice words to describe this doctor. I was in a car accident and tried to continue working for months but the pain would not let up and was referred to this "-----". He did a discography to see what disks were bad and even though I screamed out in pain he put on my charts " she experienced some kind of cramp". His nurse even said " that was a bad disk". Then he gave me some injections no help and finally he said he had done all he could and that some day I would need surgery but not right now. He spends at the most 15 minutes with you and when my husband said how do you determine if people need to be off work and he said "as long as they are not in a wheelchair" my husband was so furious with him overall he wanted to take him out and let him feel pain. I found out he is called the "cattle herder". Do not go to this Doctor please people deserve better he is worthless and the only things I can see him resolving are easy ones period.

June 11th, 2015
Dr. Sawchuck accurately diagnosed my terrible leg pain. He was great at explaining all my options. He truly seemed concerned about me and even stayed late to squeeze me in for a follow up appointment. He encouraged surgery but I was hesitant, so I tried a few other things first. Now after doing the surgery my leg pain is completely gone. I went back to work in less than a week. Now it's three weeks later I feel great!

January 30th, 2013
Ruptured Disk
Very busy office. My appointment was 1 hour later than scheduled, but when I did see Dr. Sawchuck he reviewed my MRI in great detail and took time to explain and anwser questions. I did receive an epidural injection that went long, but correctly. This is not like ordering fast food. Do your research and be prepared for the visit. Dr. Sawchuck and his staff may be busy, but I still give him and his staff a good review.

May 7th, 2012
Excellent doctor
Very impressive consultation. Takes time to expalin MRI and procedure. Nurse and assistants are friendly and responsive when scheduling an appointment.

March 6th, 2012
I was going to make an appointment to see this doctor, but after reading these poor reviews I really don't think it would be wise. I don't have time to find out for myself. I will look for a doctor whose patients recommend them.

January 11th, 2012
VERY FAVORABLE, FOUND THE REASON FOR MY PAIN THAT THE SURGEON COULDN'T. KIND AND REALLY SEEMS TO CARE

April 1st, 2011
CAUTION: POOR DOCTOR
I have only seen this doctor 1 time...My visit started with me waiting 40 minutes in the waiting room and another 15 in the patient room. I was so annoyed by the time he got in the room. He didn't apologize for the wait and proceded with the rushed exam. He told me that an injection in my back would help my problem. But until my appt in 2 days he would prescribe me some meds for the pain. I agreed that would be ok. Well the morning of my injection I get a call that my appt is cancelled because the doc is going home. I was understanding the first time... another 2 days went by and they cancelled the appt again....then called me back that day to tell me they couldn't get me in for 12 days!!!! I couldn't believe it! I called letting them know that I need more meds for the pain because I will be running out by the time my appt comes around. They told me no. I was upset by now and decided to find another dr. When I let them know this they said I couldn't because he is my physician. What a bunch of b.s.! lol. I let them know that they are lying to me and I will find another dr. If ever referred to this place find a different referral. They were super inconsiderate, rude and all around lazy.

October 27th, 2010
BEST DOCTOR
REALLY SMART TAKES YOUR PAIN OR PROBLEMS VERY SERIOUSLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 28th, 2009
This Doctor is only concerned with himself and what he can bill you and your insurance. He will make notes in your file with regards to procedures that "in his professional opinion" wont work, but then he will preform them anyways, only for you to find out after the procedure has been done or upon requesting your records.He wont make accurate notes on your condition or prescriptions he has prescribed. He doesnt care abt his patients that are in pain or having an emergency. He will not return calls and there seems to be no communication between him and his staff. His staff is lazy and rude and they are very inconsiderate of the patients time. They act irritated if you ask them anything and the front receptionist is always late by at least 10-15 minutes. Sawchuk also doesnt pay any attention to his notes or what he is prescribing you. He has prescribed the wrong medications and even doubled them without any patient consultation. He looks very confused or dazed during your appointments and never remembers who you are or what you are seeing him for- even when your file is in front of his face. My insurance company said he is not to be prescribing narcotics for an extended period of time, which he does. Hello Candyman! Be careful though he will pull the rug right out from underneath you. He has quite an attitude and is very unprofessional when questioned abt his manner of practice. Beware- his moods will give you whiplash.