Dr. Terry Smith MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 8th, 2016
Review of Dr Terry Smith
Dr Smith used lots of special tests that other doctors never offered me. This way he was able to gather the results (test data) and make an accurate diagnoses. Then he also knew how to treat it.

September 24th, 2015
Used to be efficient and dependable, but it's changed for the worse
I've followed Dr. Smith from practice to practice because I really appreciate his knowledge of nutrition. With his first practice in the Erlanger building, there were some issues with his staff letting results and follow-up calls slip through the cracks. When he moved to the office on Gunbarrel, this improved some. He disappeared from practice for several months and then reappeared at his current location on McCallie. However, the quality of his practice seems to have suffered, which is a shame. The office is now "occupational medicine", which implies a lot of pre-employment exams and maybe even some Work Comp cases. I'm not sure. But the focus no longer seems to be on "wellness", which is one of the things that Dr. Smith was so great at. The final straw for me in my decision to look elsewhere for a provider is that once again, test results are difficult to come by. I've tried for over a month to get my results, and even after multiple calls to the office, have not had success. It's a shame. If you are looking for the genuine and efficient care that this doctor used to provide, I'd suggest you look elsewhere for a new provider.

July 23rd, 2015
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Terry Smith for about 30 years. Jerry recently passed but I credit Dr. Smith with adding at least 10 quality years onto his lifespan. He died with end stage dermatamyocitis ( a rare form of MD) Dr. Smith's wholistic approach surpasses the traditional approach of just treating the symptoms. He treats mind and body together, looking for endocrine and metabolic disorders that might be treatable with dietary adjustments or high quality dietary supplements. I might say that additionally, Dr. Smith worked as a pharmacist for some time before becoming a Dr. of medicine, so he has the best knowledge of both disciplines. To our Dr., our friend, we love and appreciate you.

January 22nd, 2015
great doctor

January 16th, 2015
Better than most
Like the others he does spend a good amount of time with you which is really refreshing = he cares. He is all about diagnostics which results in some folks likely thinking they deserve call backs for tests but need to realize it is to establish baselines and trends. He is a holistic guy taking the approach of dietary needs affecting many issues which is refreshing. Note- he is not a pain clinic so disregard other reviews. Lastly this is the new age of big business patient per hour metrics and he doesn't fit in it......refreshing. Hope that helps.

January 8th, 2015
I have not been a patient for several years after moving out of state. Have YET to find another MD as good as Dr. Smith!

April 2nd, 2013
Brilliant!
Dr. Smith is an amazing doctor! Has a nurse, I have dealt with many different doctors and he is one of the best! He always takes the time to sit down with you and explain what is wrong with you or how things work. He does not rush you and has spent an hour with me in his office hashing things out. He is very thorough and knows his stuff! I have gotten several family, friends, and coworkers to go see him and they all love him as well. The only downside is that his staff isn't always quick to get back with you but he is worth the hassle.

May 29th, 2012
Changed my life!
Dr Smith changed my life! Not only does he take the time but figures out what is wrong with you and if natural products will heal you he will tell you!

January 16th, 2012
When I first started to see Dr. Smith I was not impressed with his bedside manner but I was happy with how much time he spent trying to diagnose symptoms that seemed mysterious. As time progressed though he spent less and less time with us and we waited in the waiting room more and more. I feel that the less time he spends with trying to diagnose symptoms and more meds he gives out the more we have to visit the doctor and the problem does not get resolved.

June 23rd, 2011
WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STAFF IS EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. THE DR. IS EVEN WORST!!! HE DOESN'T LISTEN TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. HE DOESN'T FOLLOW UP WITH YOU. INSTEAD OF GIVING ME REFILLS ON MY BLOOD PRESSURE AND DIABETES MEDS. HE LIKES FOR YOU TO COME IN BASICALLY SO HE CAN BILL YOUR INSURANCE AS A DOCTOR VISIT. I HAVE TO GO WEEKS AT A TIME WITHOUT MY MEDS BECAUSE WHEN I TRY TO MAKE THE APPOINTMENT TO GET MY PRESCRIPTION. THE NURSES NEVER CALL BACK WITH MY APPOINTMENT. I LITERALLY HAVE TO KEEP CALLING. HE WILL DIAGNOSE YOU WITH SOMETHING, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IT IS. I FOUND OUT ABOUT MY ILLNESS BECAUSE I NEEDED A PAPER FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND WHEN I READ THE PAPER THAT'S WHEN I KNEW ABOUT MY DIAGNOSIS. HE ORDERED ME TO HAVE AN X-RAY AND I NEVER RECEIVED MY RESULTS. AFTER CALLING REPEATEDLY I WAS TOLD I NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT BECAUSE HE HADN'T LOOKED AT THE X-RAY. HE OFFERS NO SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR AILMENTS OTHER THAN RECCOMMENDING THAT YOU PURCHASE VITAMIN D PILLS. HE SEEMS TO BE FORGETFUL WHICH INDICATES MAYBE IT'S TIME TO RETIRE. IF QUALITY CARE IS WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING, BY ALL MEANS BYPASS THIS DOCTOR. BECAUSE THE ONLY THING YOU'RE GET IS TIRED FROM WAITING!!!! JUST HORRIBLE!! STAFF INCLUDED, JUST HORRIBLE!

April 7th, 2011
WORST DOCTOR, MADE ME FEEL LIKE A DOPE ADDICT
I DROVE 2 HRS TO SEE THIS DR AND EXPLAINED THAT I HAVE MOVED OUT OF TN AND TO ATL AND THAT MY INS IS STILL OUT OF TN AND THAT I WAS SEEING A PAIN DR IN TN AND WHAT TYPE OF MEDS I WAS ON. ALL I ASKED WAS TO PROVIDE ME WITH PAIN MEDICINE SO THAT I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THE MONTH TILL MY GA INS IS ACTIVE, HE THEN PRINTS OUT A FORM AND TELLS ME I HAVE TOO MANY DRS THAT HAVE PROVIDED ME WITH PAIN MEDS AND THAT HE CANT HELP ME AND HANDS ME A DOLLAR FOR PARKING. I GAVE HIM MY MRI THAT STATES I HAVE DEGENERATIVE DISK DISEASE ALONG WITH 4 HERNIATED DISKS. I TRIED TO EXPLAIN THAT MORE THEN ONE PERSON WRITES MY SCRIPTS AT MY PAIN CLINIC THAT I DONT SEE THE SAME PERSON EVERY MONTH AND THAT THEY ALSO PRINT OUT FORMS TO SEE IF I AM GETTING MEDICINE FROM OTHER DRS AND NOT MAKING THEM AWARE, BUT WHAT THE STUPID DR SMITH FAILS TO REALIZE I HAVE HAD 3 TEETH PULLED SINCE DEC TILL FEB SO I HAVE HAD A DENTIST GIVE ME PAIN MEDS, AND MY MONTHLY MEDS I GET FROM WHOMEVER I SEE FOR THE MONTH AT THE PAIN CLINIC. I UNDERSTAND YOU GET PEOPLE WHO RANDOMLY COME IN JUST TO GET A FIX, BUT I AM NOT THAT ONE AND TOLD HIM TO CALL MY PAIN CLINIC TO TALK TO THEM SO THEY CAN TELL HIM THAT MORE THEN ONE OF THEM WRITES MY STUFF UP. NOT TO MENTION I HAVE ALSO BEEN TO THE ER REGARDING MY BACK. DR SMITH IS RUDE AND AN UNCARING DR, THEIR WAS WAYS TO VERIFY ALL THAT HE CLAIMED WAS AN ISSUE, THEN TO TELL ME THAT THE SHERIFFS OFFICE COMES IN ONCE A MONTH TO CHECK STUFF OUT. WHAT A CROCK! THAT IS WHY I BROUGHT THE MRI IN! IF I HAD STUFF TO HIDE I WOULDNT HAVE TOLD HIM THE MEDS THE PAIN CLINIC HAD ME ON! THEN TO TOP IT OFF I WANTED TO GET SOME DIET PILLS AND AFTER THE WHOLE PAIN MED THING HE BLEW OFF MY OTHER ISSUE SO I WALKED OUT.

February 21st, 2011
new pt
I would highly recommend Dr. Smith. As a new patient he spent a lot of time with me. I found his staff to be very friendly and made me feel at ease.Good bedside manners!!!!