Dr. Terry Watkin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 27th, 2015
He is a terrible human being and doctor. He misdiagnosed me and could have cost me my entire mental health and well being. He is completely biased against teenagers and cares little to nothing for one's comfort or ease of recovery.

March 9th, 2015
Excellent doctor !
He is very detail about condition and careful about children. I feel very saved or my daughter twin because he made all test necessary and always was very in touch with us. He provide information about diagnosis and pro and cons about. Thank you for be a great doctor and very dedicate with kids and parents. Excellent neurologist !😊

January 30th, 2015
Patient
I have been seeing Dr. Watkins all my life and is the best. You can't ever find anyone better than Dr. Watkins.

October 28th, 2014
Great experience
Saw Dr Watkin today for an evaluation of our 4 year old son. My wife and I also had our 2 year old daughter with us. Dr Watkin was extremely welcoming to all of us throughout the evaluation. He was wonderful, encouraging and kind with both children and with my wife and I as well. After we left my son commented on how much he liked him. He took lots of time to explain everything and answer all our questions...even the "dumb" ones, haha. He put us completely at ease and we felt he was direct and to the point without making us feel rushed. Everything he said backed everything I had researched on my own but he was able to explain and elaborate far better then anyone else had. Highly recommend this doctor as we found him to be age appropriate for the children and adults as well, knowledgable and fact driven while retaining a pleasant bedside manner that you don't see very often anymore.

June 24th, 2014
Talk about rude!
I don't know why this doctor feels he doesn't even have to look at me when we are having a conversation. He was very rude, rushed me and didn't even listen to what I was saying. He advised me that my 6! Year old son should go see a psychiatrist for meds! Are u kidding me? Completely dismissed my repeated attempt to advise my concern and then just kinda walked out, no follow up no referral didn't even tell me where to go. Even my son said mommy that man didn't look at you...oh and I had to wait two weeks for an appointment...now I have to start all over again and find a new doctor. If you don't want to waste your time, go somewhere else!

November 7th, 2013
Very pleased
I thought Dr. Watkin did a wonderful job. He was very patient and kind with my apprehensive 4 year old. Excellent bedside manner. He took her complete history and asked many questions. I also had many questions which he took the time to answer each one. I never once felt rushed (a huge pet peeve of mine with Dr.'s). He seems very knowledgeable, and I am pleased with his diagnosis. I would recommend him to others. The only complaint I have is about his staff. The front desk person is so rude! Both on the phone and in person.

July 18th, 2013
He should retire
I, and many others, think Dr Watkins needs to retire . I waited WEEKS for an appointment expecting a full exam and evaualtion, instead he asked a few questions, touched my child's feet, weighed my child, measured my child, and then a gave an incorrect diagnosis! Really??? I, too as the other reviewer wrote, was rushed and felt very dismissed. I wouldn't waste my time and his office leaves much to be desired for children or children's evaluations! He just isn't equipped or concerned. Zero follow up after appointment. Simply put-He needs to retire!

September 24th, 2012
Can't say enough good things about Dr. Watkin. His diagnosis and treatment have been spot on and we feel like our child is receiving the very best care. As far as bedside manner, he was very sweet to our 5 year old and she felt very comfortable with him.

February 24th, 2011
Very dismissive; did not take accurate history from young teen patient and then would not accept input from parent on symptoms, onset of symptoms. Did not take a medical history - just not interested.

December 10th, 2010
Dr. Watkins knows his stuff, very knowledgeable. His bedside manners are a little bit off. But,after a couple of more visits he seems to be more personable and approachable. I have to give him a lot of credit, he has made the right choices to help our son. If you don't mind personality vs knowledge he is the person to go to.

November 23rd, 2009
Excellent Doctor
My daughter was suffering with extreme sharp pains in her temples and head. He took extreme care, asked many questions, which I was like mmmmm is this relavent. He is very thorough and I would highly recommend him