Dr. Tessa Asdell Is this you?

2.2

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Tessa Asdell?

Poor doctor

Posted on July 22nd, 2016

She was rude and I feel like I was just a money bank to her and my health and the baby's health where second to her pay check. She was telling me horror stories to get me to get more test. I am vary unhappy and I called a new doctor as soon as we left for our appointment

Very poor practice

Posted on January 21st, 2016

I saw Dr. Asdell's nurse practioner. She was useless. My Family Dr. sent me to a Gyn because of a serious infection.. The practioner did nothing for me. She got an eye full and did nothing else. I would never go back to that practice again. Then have the nerve to charge me an outrageous bill for nothing. Never again! I tell everyone I know stay clear of that practice. They will do nothing for you........

My favorite doctor's office

Posted on April 13th, 2015

Have seen Dr. Asdell for years and love her!

Patient

Posted on November 11th, 2013

Dr. Asdell does not show respect to her non obstetric patients. I have scheduled and been forced to reschedule year after year month after month giving in to seeing her Nurse Practitioner because she allows her staff to bump her appointments that have been scheduled a year in advance for other deemed more important patients. I have been very understanding in the past but haven't been treated by Dr. Asdell for several years and was promised this year they would not bump me from my scheduled appointment. Her Nurse Practioner is helpful but isn't my physician. I was told today that I would have to wait for an appointment until after the first of the year and there is no guarantee that I won't be bumped again. If Dr. Asdell doesn't deem an annual exam important then why is she scheduling them? Perhaps she should be honest and state that all annual exams will be done by her Nurse Practioner and apparently appointments don't mean anything!

Posted on November 10th, 2013

I love Dr Asdell, I have been with her for 9 years. She has delivered all 3 of my boys by c- section. She is always kind, caring, and patient with me. The complaints on time spent waiting, these people need to realize that sometimes other patients take up longer time. Whether it be an emergency or just someone asking questions. They would want her to take time with them and not think about next patient I'm sure. Also her staff has been with her for years, that says something. I have discussed with a friend how busy they are and we decided its just because they are so good and everyone wants to go to this office. It's a great office and staff bottom line and if you don't like the office go somewhere else.

Posted on September 25th, 2013

I can't believe all the negative comments on here! I have always have a wonderful experience at my appt's. I can't say anything but great things about Dr. Asdell and this practice. The NP's are awesome, especially Nancy! Never once have I had anyone in the office be rude. Boyer and Cooper are great too. I have recommended Dr. Asdell to several friends and family members...and they all love her.

Posted on February 22nd, 2013

My daughter is a patient and turned 18 years of age. She has been seen at this doctor's office several times over the last year and loves the nurse practioner. We were seeking a doctor that would make her first gynocological visit as comfortable as possible as she is dealing with ovarian cysts. She is now a student out of state and simply cannot get the staff to return calls about her questions. They will not return my calls because I am not the patient and she is 18 years old. Regardless of how wonderful the nurse practioner is, I am afraid we are going to seek care elsewhere as the staff simply will not return phone calls.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Posted on September 25th, 2012

After two miscarriages I still couldn't get an appointment with Dr. Asdell and when I finally did they called me to reschedule it for the next month.

Kristin

Posted on August 12th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Asdell for 12 years and leave everytime like I won't come back but, I always do. Well, not this time. I have read all the reviews and agree with everything they all said. The front office staff is very cruel and unfeeling. The NP's and medical assistants do not know what they are talking about. I was told by an NP for the past two years that I should have an ablation only to find out after, a very painful uterine biopsy, that I am not even eligible to have an ablation which was why I agreed to the biopsy in the first place. So the NP gave me wrong information for two years. Two days after the biopsy I was still in a lot of pain and called the office to speak to Dr. Asdell and ask for pain medicine or muscle relaxants something to get me through the next few days. I was told by the front office to go to the ER. When I would not take that as the appropriate answer I asked to talk to the NP to leave a request with Dr. Asdell to call me back or call something in to my drug store that same NP (Nancy)told me to go to the ER. I finally called my Family Doctor and he gave me something but, he could not understand why Dr. Asdells office would not help me. I have waited on average for any and all appointments 1-2 hours. I have been mistreated by the ultra sound techs. as well. Enough is enough after 12 years of mistreatment I am calling it quites. By the way, all mothers who take your teenage daughters to this practise be aware!!! You will not be aloud in the room while the NP talks to your daughter about if she is sexually active or not. My daughter is a virgin and was really taken back by the questions and assumptions that she is sexually active. After reading my own comments I must have been a fool to have not left this practice sooner. In my defense it's not like there are a lot of good Gynecologists on the southside.

Not worth the wait

Posted on June 11th, 2012

The doctor is good, but not good enough to wait over an hour at almost every visit. At least let the patients wait in the waiting room instead of sticking them in a room for an hour. I left my appt several times. They have to many patients and inconvenient appt time. If you do decide to go here i recommend that at check out you go to the women in the cubical to the left, shes got a good personality, because the women on the right side is having a bad day everyday. Very rude, snobby, and slow moving. She also makes over the phone appointments, you will know its her.

one and done

Posted on December 31st, 2011

I understood that i wouldn't get to see dr. asdell right away but i didn't get an appointment with her until i was 1/2 way through my pregnancy. I spent 35 min waiting to get it, and when she saw me she asked me question and then ignored my answers. She lectured me the entire time on things I wasn't even doing and was out of the office in ten minutes. I had no idea how I was doing with my pregnancy or if i was at a normal range, she never told me when i'd feel the baby or anything! then when she listened for the baby's heartbeat i almost flew off the table it hurt so bad. Checking for heartbeats shouldn't hurt and had never hurt before. Once time with this doctor and i was done. i'll never recommend her.

Feel like a number with this practice.

Posted on May 16th, 2011

I've been very disappointed with this group and have finally made the decision to switch practices. I had my child in 2006 and the only time I even saw the Doctor was when I was pregnant, which was maybe 4 times during pregnancy. She didn't deliver my baby as she wasn't on call (not her fault) but she didn't see me post op. I have not seen her since and only have seen NPs for annuals and other visits. I specifically asked to see Dr. Asdell for my annual I was told I had to wait 13 months!! The lady at the front desk said priority is given to pregnant women. The lack of compassion from the staff is very disheartening. I've had other female issues and have seen the NP only to be brushed off with no real solutions. The time spent with me is minimal and it is very apparent this office has no time for patients whatsoever. The final straw came to me when I went to the office in severe pain, had to wait for 50 mins and was told to go down the road to another OB b/c Dr. Asdell was not available. I ended up having surgery and the new OB did the surgery. He was amazing. I have transferred to this Doctor and have been more than pleased with his compassion, integrity and the time he spends with me. I wish he had been my doctor for the past 7 years.