Pediatricians

ABC Pediatrics
3533 S Alameda St
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
361-853-3222
Locations and availability (4)

1.0

|  Really, 90 minutes to wait with an infant?  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

If you want to wait forever to get in to see your child's doctor, to have anti-biotics prescribed willy-nilly, or to visit with doctors who believe in creationism and not science then ABC Pediatrics is your practice.My oldest daughter has constant sinus infections, so I took her to an allergist to see if there was an environmental cause for her illness', and in the course of reviewing her medicines, lots of anti-biotics and a steroid. I have been given cause to doubt that she has been treated effectively.One Saturday I took my oldest daughter in for a sick visit, she was complaining about an ear ache, to the Alameda office, where I see that Dr. Gregory Guthrie has stocked all of his examination rooms with the creationist clap-trap, "The Great Dinosaur Mystery and the Bible." I had seen this book in an office on a previous visit, but mistakenly thought another parent had left it there. Now that I've seen this in another room, alongside with other tomes from the Bay Area Fellowship, alarm bells start ringing in my head. And a conversation with Dr. Guthrie, "I put that book in all my waiting rooms," and three different scripts for anti-biotics convinced me that I never want to see him near my child again.On Ash Wednesday I had a 2:45 appointment scheduled with my regular pediatrician, Dr. Tessa Perez at the Saratoga office, for my youngest daughter's 4 month check-up. I was finally brought back to the doctor's office at 4:10 (I have to pick up my oldest at school by 4:30, a fact I brought to the intake nurse starting at 3:30). I brought up Dr. Guthrie to Dr. Perez and she defended him, and proceeded to explain to me that she was a "conservative Catholic who didn't believe in evolution" and that everything that I was taught about evolution by Father Norris in my 11th grade Catholic Dogma class was wrong. And now it's 4:23, I have 7 minutes to make my 7 minute drive to pick-up my oldest daughter, and no time to get my youngest's immunizations.