Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer), Surgical Specialist
Video profile
Gynecologic Cancer And Pelvic Surgery Llc
101 Old Short Hills Rd
Ste 400
West Orange, NJ 07052
973-322-6770
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Free of Cancer  |  show details
by Cynthia Bjornsen on May 24th, 2013

21 years ago Dr Denehy operated on me I had cancer. I'm still alive thanks to him and the team that operated on me. The only thing I wished was for them to get a stool for me to go in and out of bed. Hope they have them now. Some women and still small. Thank you for my life

|  Best gyn oncologyst  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2013

Dr. Denehy is a great surgeon. He is very compassionate and caring. I waited over an hour to be seen but it was worth every minute; he is JUST WONDERFUL and his staff is great.

|  One of the best! Worth putting up with his incompetent staff.  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

I am an extremely picky patient and do a lot of research before I settle for my doctor and do not hesitate to switch doctors even in the middle of a treatment.I met Dr. Denehy, because he came highly recommended. He was out on vacation when I first tried to set up an appointment. His staff, unlike the Doctor, are robotic to say the least. They did not exhibit any understanding of the urgency of the situation and gave standard, by the book responses, and kept re-directing me to other clueless staff who were not very helpful either. I was going in circles and it was extremely frustrating, especially because I was trying to manage a time sensitive medical situation and multiple conflicting schedules. I was ready to quit and go back to my gynecologist to have an open surgery.BUT, Thanks heavens, I somehow fought my way to an appointment. Once I met with Dr. Denehy, I was immediately at ease. His knowledge, experience and concern - all came shining through. He also got me an early date for the surgery. And on the day of the surgery, he and his team were absolutely wonderful - talking and comforting me till I got into anasthesia and then he performed the surgery with minimal invasions and absolutely no impact to the uterine wall, so I can have a natural delivery if I became pregnant (which was one of our concerns) and he said he used tissue to refill the incisions ( may not be the most accurate medical description, but had to make mention) and located the incisions such that if I wanted to wear a saree, the scars will not be visible ( I never asked for it, but I am of Indian origin and will surely have occasions where I have to wear the saree) I was touched that the Doctor thought that far. I am super impressed. Would strongly recommend to all my friends!

Mar 29th, 2011

My favorite thing about Dr Denehy is that he gets right to the point, tell it like it is. At the same time he had a great personality and bedside manner. I was almost sad that I am done having to see him. He is THAT good!

|  Simply the Best!  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2010

Dr. Denehy, is simply the best!

|  DR. DENEHY MY SAVIOR!!  |  show details
by Maria H on Aug 5th, 2010

I had seen 2 doctors in the past year and getting a run around for my condition. No one knew what my problem was. After surgery, many tests and medications I was told I needed exploratory surgery and lets see what we find. I was also told that there was a possibility of not ever having children. For someone who wants to have a family as you can imagine I was devastated!I was referred to Dr. Denehy as a third opinion by a friend of mine before I elected to do exploratory surgery. I met with him; he reviewed my history and all of my test results. He diagnosed me in less and 1 hour. I had surgery and have been fine since. Now 2 months after my surgery I was cleared to begin trying to get pregnant. My husband and I are thrilled and are grateful for Dr. Denehys professionalism and expertise-youre not a top rated doctor for nothing!

Jun 29th, 2010

He's amazing and I would recommend him to anyone. He's the most caring and gentle man and cares about ALL of his patients.

|  He is as close to perfect as you can get!  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2010

He is a wonderful doctor and an amazing surgeon!!! He saved my life and I have his utmost respect. His bedside manner is outstanding and he is very understanding!!

|  AMAZING DOCTOR  |  show details
by Susan Farrell on Feb 24th, 2009

Dr. Denehy is great! He makes me feel as if I have nothing to worry about, which, technically I don't anymore. He makes me feel reassured that he has everything under control and I trust him which makes me feel safe. No wonder it is sometimes difficult to get an appt. with him...he is amazing!! I highly recommend Dr. Denehy to any woman!!

|  AMAZING  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2009

he saved my life and is so smart and kind. i wish he could be my dr. forever but fortunalty he solved my problem and now i only need to see a a regular gyn, not a cancer & pelvic surgery specialist

by Michelle on Nov 30th, 2008

Dr. Denehy-Is a wonderful physician and a gifted surgeon.He takes the time with his patients and has a wonderful staff.