Dr. Thad Jackson MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Elizabethtown, KY

March 14th, 2017
The office staff was unorganized and very rude.
First of all, I had an appointment last week. When I arrived and, signed in, the girl asked my name. I gave it. She said, do you have your referral? I said, I thought you had one. She said no we don't and, it's your responsibility to get one. She said I called your primary care and, they put me on hold and, never came back! She said, I don't have time for that! I said I wish you would have called me. She said, Mam it's your responsibility. I said ok but, if I didn't know you hadn't received one, i can't make sure that you do. She said again, Mam it's your responsibility to get it so, here's an appointment for next week. I left embarrassed because she treated me as if I were stupid, right in front of an elderly couple. I left upset. I went straight to my primary care office and, told them my experience. They requested another referral for me right then. I went for my appointment today. The girl at the desk, very rude again. As i signed in and , gave her my name. Did you get your referral? I said you should have 2 of them since my primary care office faxed it over twice. She said ok , it's here. I'll tell them you're here. I sat and, waited about 15 minutes. There was only one other person in the waiting area, A PA came in and took my BP and asked why I was being seen, I told her. I waited an hour and a half , before I was seen by Ms. Cusler. She asked why I was being seen. I explained about my cervical and thoracic problems. She said, We can't treat you for your thoracic because your referral is for pain in your neck. I said, why would my Dr order an MRI for cervical and thoracic, if I was not to be treated for it? She said, I'm saying we can't treat you for that. I said, but, that's the whole reason I'm here. She said, we can't treat you for that. I said ok, I'm going to leave now. I feel way to sick to deal with this disrespect. I'm filing a complaint. Well, I hadn't been home five minutes and, they were calling. We just wanted to tell you to follow up with a neurosurgeon about your back issues. I said, I'm not having this conversation with you. I'll be filing a complaint. I discussed with my insurance company and, they said it is not my responsibility to get a referral and are filing a grievance. It was so unnecessary to talk to me that way or to make me feel that it was my fault , that the proper personnel, hadn't done their job. I wouldn't send a sick fish to this office. They definitely didn't care , about how bad I felt and, what a struggle it was to get there. I am disabled and, this was no way to treat a person. Very sad, that I will have to go elsewhere, to be treated human.

November 12th, 2016
Neck pain
I was very happy with Dr Jackson he was very nice and helpful his staff was awesome very friendly and made you very comfortable

November 12th, 2016
Neck pain

July 21st, 2016
He and his staff are great.He preformed surgery on my spine.He put me at ease,hes very good I only have a small 1 inch scar, you can barely see.Fast time recuperating.

February 22nd, 2016
Excellent dr
I can honestly say dr jackson is a wonderful surgeon. I am an older women that has had chronic back pain and had almost just gotten used to the idea of hurting daily the rest of my life tbat is until i went to dr jackson he told me exactly what he could help with and he did just tbat im so thankful for him his nurses were great to and have no complaints. I highly recomend dr jackson givr him a chance to help you live pain free again

January 28th, 2016
Dr Jackson done my C5_6 fusion and went great and pain free for 2 years.

January 25th, 2016
best neck surgeon
a wonderful Dr i have had 7 neck surgerys he is the only one to say he wont do it unless you stop smoking & test to make sure you have stopped .Makes a big difference in recovery Thank you Dr. Jackson

June 10th, 2014
Had 3 surgeries performed by Dr. Jackson. All different problems, not his fault but my back is a mess. I thought he was great at all times.

May 9th, 2013
He's wonderful
He is so nice!I've had many brain surgeons and he is the nicest and best brain surgeon.I highly reccommend him for brain or spine surgeries.

April 6th, 2013
Doctor not very nice.
I was a patient of doctor jacksons. I went to him little over a week ago and have degenerative disc disease,i told him it is affecting my legs. I also asked him about getting mri for my legs.he said he was going to wait until my legs get worse. Thats bull.... In my opinoin... Im not going back to him...

September 24th, 2010
not the dr but the pa
His pa told me it was my hip...so seen hip Dr..told me it was my back..so after 3 visits with the pa went to a different doctor and saw the herniated disc on my back and it is the same MRI that Dr Jackson's pa had as well. Thank goodness for my casemanager as she is the one that got me into another Dr for my back... finally I will get some relief for my back and got a rx for pain meds to which she would give me any for.

August 17th, 2010
Awesome Doctor
Dr. Jackson is the real deal. He tries to make sure his patients have realistic expectations in the outcomes of surgery. He does not sugar coat things. He explains in detail the things necessary to get back on the road to recovery. I am one week out from my back surgery. I feel better now than I have in 14 years. I had surgery 13 years ago by another Doctor with no real improvement. Dr. Jackson has improved my quality of life. Living in pain for 14 years is not living! I highly recommend Dr. Jackson!