Psychiatrists

990 N Walnut Creek Dr
Ste 2014
Mansfield, TX 76063
817-453-2223
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Very good doctor and great office  |  show details
by Sam on May 7th, 2014

I switched doctors after having horrible experiences and problems with prior dr office. The girl at the front desk has always been kind and polite, office wait is nothing at all and dr. Opalach is a great doctor. He takes his time, listens, offers different options. My only issue is trying to get a hold of him, return phones and rx refills.

|  Great Physician  |  show details
by Angie on Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Opalach is a very caring physician. I have only been seeing him for about 1 year and in this time he has gone out of his way to ensure my 'stability'. I've had several Psych docs in the past, as I have moved, or doctor retired, etc, etc. Dr. Opalach is one of my favorites-he understands my problems and trys very hard to make sure I am ok. He listens to me, doesn't judge, and he cares!!

by Alexander Wilson on Apr 21st, 2014

Since starting to see Dr. Opalach 3 years ago I am functioning well and on fewer medications. His office wait time is short and the staff is friendly.

|  Deplorable  |  show details
by Alison Holmes on Feb 6th, 2014

This occurred on February 6, 2014 around 1:30 pm. After filling out paperwork, I was invited back to Dr Thaddeus office and told him that I was referred to him through my therapist. I also pulled out a list of symptoms my therapist helped me put together in preparation for the appointment. After I went over my symptoms, I told him that my therapist has diagnosed me with PTSD and that I already had a history of being anxious. He asked me to expound on the PTSD and I gave him a rundown of the events that resulted in that diagnosis. I then told him that I was considering hiring a personal injury attorney to prosecute those at fault for my PTSD. This is something that I had mentioned a few times to my personal therapist and it never seemed to be a problem with her. As soon as I mentioned it to Thaddeus, he slammed on the breaks and told me that I could not be his patient because legal issues were involved. I told him that I didn't expect him to get involved in any court or case proceedings and that all I wanted was some help! I haven't been medicated for this this trauma disorder for many months. I was very excited to finally see someone to help me cope with these issues. The PTSD has had a profound effect on my life. It's more than anything I've ever endured. I was mortified and I began hyperventilating and a panic attack started to set in (one of my symptoms). He ushered me out of his office door and into the lobby to get my money back from his office assistant. I then turned to him and said "I'm panicking" between deep, frantic breaths. At this point, he turned around and left the lobby shutting the door behind him. He did not care. He didn't show any sign of humility, compassion, or empathy. But more than that, he didn't show professionalism in the situation. He should have called me an ambulance. I ended up calling my therapist and she directed me to the nearest emergency room for my panic attack. The drive, albeit very close, was extremely scary as I was in no condition to drive because of the attack. Do not see this man. I take him for an immoral, deplorable person.

|  amazed  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2014

I have bipolar disorder I was diagnosed over 20 years ago I have been taking medication since. I would not recommend him to treat my cat! His office has never helped with refill issues and I think my copay is worth more than 12 min of his time. I went 4 times thinking it was me being sensitive. I feel I have taken major and critical steps back from my illness. I went there in complete distress and told him i was suicidal and he gave me a larger amount of prescriptions and said i would feel better soon all in 12 min. I think he needs to reevaluate is medical services to people in my condition or anyone who suffers from depression. I wish I didn't even have to give 1 star to submit this.

Doctor's Response

Any patient that would present suicidal to my office would be referred for immediate admission to a inpatient psychiatric hospital. Medications would not be adjusted.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2013

I had a great experience with this doctor. Listens and cares about the patients and does not give unneeded medication. I like that he types out the visit during the visit so he is to be sure he is accurate in my care. His office staff is very helpful and friendly. I recommend this office for sure

|  I wanted a little more than just a prescription slip.  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2013

I never got the feeling that he even remotely cared about my problems. He was on his computer the entire session that we had together. He looked up here and there, some obvious typing- But it felt very impersonal. I felt he wasn't listening. I expect more of a connection then just typing away at a computer. Nice guy- but expected more. I wanted a little more engagement than just a prescription slip. Do not recommend

Doctor's Response

Sorry you felt that way. Perhaps I should have explained prior to our interview, that all charting is done on my computer.

Nov 21st, 2012

Would highly recommend!

Apr 26th, 2012

Stumbled across this site while looking up the office fax number and thought I'd leave my comment. Very nice doctor, seems very concerned about working out the most helpful course of medications. And recently has gone above and beyond in helping me to get all my proper refills while I've been stuck on the other side of the country for family reasons. A

|  I RECOMMEND DR. O  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

At first I thought he might be too young, but nope. He asks alot of questions and does not hurry you. My therapist and him communicated to each other. He does not put you on unneccesary medication which is great. One of the best Dr.s' I've had

|  Do not go to this doctor : beware  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

His assistant is rude and good luck getting refills or information from her. They do not communicate well with their clients. Very bad customer service.

|  perfect for me  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

a great help in my darkest times. he is efficient and understanding. doctors don't have all the time in the world for each patient anymore. but I believe I received excelled treatment from him and my medications have been working perfectly.

|  What a sweet guy!  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

I was very nervous about sharing my history but he made me feel very comfortable and at ease. He was very mild-mannered and courteous. He took the time to ask lots of questions about my background and explained his reccomendations for medicine. I was very pleased and will be back for sure!

|  Good doc  |  show details
May 24th, 2010

Dr. Opalach spent an hour with me on my first visit. He also spends time with me each visit to listen to my issues and makes sure I understand my medications and why I am taking them.

|  Great psychiatrist  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2009

Thorough & courteous

Oct 15th, 2009

Rude, not willing to take the time to actually listen to his patients. If you rub him the wrong way, he walks out of the room in the middle of a conversation and flat out refuses to help. He tells lies about his patients as well as their families to their nurses and seems completely incapable and unwilling to making an informed judgment that is in his patients' best interests. Terrible excuse for a doctor. This man should not be practicing medicine.