Dr. Thaddeus Opalach Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thaddeus Opalach?

May 15th, 2017

The only real issues I've ever had have been insurance and pharmacy related. I have always found Dr. Opalach to be professional and courteous. He always asks if I'm having any issues or problems with my Rx which have generally been no. The only real issues have been problems with pharmacy which I explained. The one time I actually did need help, I was denied, which didn't make me feel very good at all. Not all patients fit into a perfect square box and can't all be treated the same. I generally like dr. Opalach but some areas do need improvement.

May 4th, 2017

He is a complete QUACK!! UNCARING & UNPROFESSIONAL

I think this doctor is mentally unstable himself. He is such a poor doctor, all he wants to do is write you a prescription in 5 min & collect your money. He doesn't listen, if you have any serious problems, he can't help you & he will kick you out because he is unqualified & unable to help. He needs to get kicked out of psychiatry for client abandonment. He does it on a consistent basis. He is uninformed and unknowledgeable about mental illness. He actually really doesn't care at all, I knew from the first time I went there that he was completely uncaring. He has no listening skills and won't take you if you aren't an easy, steady prescription. He cant' give advice because I think he graduated from crackerjack school. Please RUN and go somewhere else, to someone that cares. This guy is a complete joke.

August 14th, 2016

Consider the Source

I am actually looking to go see this doctor - next week. The thing I find interesting after reading all the reviews on this site is that all the negative reviews seem to assume that the doctor is out to get them or "scam" them in some way - there is a general sense of suspicion and paranoia by the reviewer which is probably the reason why they are going in the first place - the reviewer has a "problem" that they feel the need to see a psychiatrist in the first place. It should be taken into consideration that the people writing these reviews have "mental illness" with all due respect. With that being said -> you must consider the source and recognize that when someone's life is messed up it is the general intention of the EGO to protect itself and not find fault with itself. So, just consider the source and do not make pre-judgements as to whether a particular person (psychiatrist) is good or bad based on someone else's experience.

January 13th, 2016

Excuses

It is very interesting that every review that is not good, the Dr. responds with excuses as to why it was the patients fault. This alone should make anyone question a visit with him. I have never left a review before, but my visit was so unpleasant I felt I needed to. He is rude, uncaring and seems very shady. It is difficult to find a psychiatrist in the Mansfield area, but I promise it is worth the drive to go elsewhere.

Doctor's Response

Sorry about your perception. I refuse to refill controlled medications when the DEA website and the pharmacist say the patient just picked up a refill. Being dishonest with a provider at the first visit is not the best way to start a doctor patient relationship . Patient safety is a physicians primary concern.

November 3rd, 2015

Money Hungry only

Dr appears to be only concerned with money. Even his voicemail says if your phone call last over 5 minutes, you will be billed for 15 minutes of office time. With the office fee I pay when I come in, your office can speak to me on the phone for NO CHARGE! In addition he seems to not care about you as a patient, rubber stamps you, and just wants you in and out quickly. Office does not return calls in a timely manner. There are better Doctors, find one.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry you are so angry. You presented to my office after not having been seen by me for 10 months and informed me you were seeing another doctor who was prescribing your medications and treating your condition. You also informed me you were currently in an out patient treatment program at the time of your visit. I gave you appropriate treatment recommendations, I am sorry they were not the ones you wanted to hear.

October 18th, 2015

This man is an extremely cold human being. He has a belittling attitude towards his patients, I've never felt more disrespected by a doctor. He barely listens to anything you say, His only aim seems to be prescribing medications, completely ignoring you when you have side effects. He terminated our relationship after 2 years because I asked a few questions about my treatement and was not comfortable putting a new drug into my body without first asking some questions.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry for your perception of events. Your prescription was ready the day you called for the refill. It sat in the lock box at the front of the office until it expired seven days later. You then presented to pick it up after it expired and were told you would have to wait until after the current patient was seen for it to be re-written. I treat all patients equally and do not make exceptions.

September 9th, 2015

Unprofessional + not very bright

The boombox (apparently those still exist) in the waiting area, tuned to a religious station should have been a good indication of what kind of service he provides. I don't have anything against a practitioner who wants to provide an environment for, and serve, those of a particular religious affiliation, but unless this orientation is made to prospective clients, it's unprofessional. I spent about ten minutes with him and I regret every last one. He seemed indignant that I'd even been referred to him. (Yes, referred. by my family doc.) The reason for the referral seemed, to me, straightforward enough: anxiety related to a physical condition. He was clear that he could be of no help. (At least he acknowledged his uselessness.) What did he want to do? Refer me to someone else. Never bothered to ask how I was managing in the immediate (poorly) or any other question that would indicate basic regard for a patient's well-being. Bottom line: it only takes a few minutes to see that he's neither especially bright nor compassionate. It takes even less time to learn that, despite his shortcomings, he has a high opinion of himself.

Doctor's Response

I regret your perception. The service you actually requested is not managed by a psychiatrist. A proper referral was made to you. The radio is actually set to 100.3 unless changed by someone in the waiting room.

May 7th, 2015

Where was the help?

We did not see Dr. Opalach! I had called and made an appointment and on our way we got lost. We were 20 minutes late and when we came in the offcie to try to reschedule I was told dont come back! if you dont care enough to be on time you dont care at all.

Doctor's Response

People that no show for their initial evaluations are not rescheduled. People that call to cancel their initial evaluation twice are not rescheduled. We block an hour for a new patient evaluation and we prefer to give it to patients that are serious about seeking help.

April 14th, 2015

look no further

If your needing to actually be helped with your state of mind and need an accurate diagnosis, then he's the Dr for you .

March 19th, 2015

This is not psychiatrist the you want to trust your mental health to

My child had died by suicide. I was in a deep depression. I was assigned Dr. Opalach while I was in an outpatient psychiatric hospital and followed up with him after I was discharged. He placed me on an antidepressant. I took the antidepressant for about six months and it didn't seem to be working. One day I went to his office very discouraged and depressed and told him i I didn't think the medication was working and wanted to try another. He abruptly told me he didn't want to see me anymore and kicked me out of the office. I left the office that day feeling humiliated and abandoned. He didn't even ask me if I was suicidal. Dr. Opalach lacks compassion for the patients he treats. This is not psychiatrist the you want to trust your mental health to, and I personally think that he is unethical and potentially harmful.

Doctor's Response

Please remember treatment is a two way street. If you fail to take medication regularly and also fail to show for appointments as scheduled then there is little liklihood of a positive treatment outcome.

January 8th, 2015

I have had a great experience so far!

December 23rd, 2014

Would not recommend

I've had to switch doctors a couple times, only reasons were because of my new employments and insurance changes. The doctors were fantastic and I didn't enjoy leaving both of them. I stumbled upon this fella by chance and the customer service wasn't satisfactory and without bashing too much via the internet, comes off as someone you can't trust and don't want to help you navigate through whatever issue.