Dr. Thao Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Rockville, MD

March 9th, 2017
Zero star
I was referred to Dr Thao Nguyen by my gynecologist for prolapse. I felt like she rushed through my appointment and only gave me the time of the day when I choose to have surgery. I walked out of the preop not knowing what was going to occur during the surgery. During the pessary fitting I felt as though it was not the correct size and it was causing a lot of pain. Rather than adjusting the size, she automatically jumped to surgery as the only option. Not only did the surgery not work but it has been causing my bladder constant pain and I constantly have to relieve myself. My only prompt experience I have from the office is them collecting my deductible and coinsurance prior to surgery. When it turned out I had already met my deductible, it took several calls over a year later to receive the refund I was due. Overall I really regret not seeking a second opinion.

March 9th, 2017
Zero star

December 3rd, 2015
Great and friendly doctor and staffs. Strongly recommended by my family doctor

October 1st, 2015
Gave my elderly mother an option of surgery as her ONLY option for something so minor.
Clearly just wants you in and out. She is passive aggressive against her employees also. I see the way she talks to employees and patients and she is a money hog. Told me that my 86 year old mother needed surgery. How crazy! No way in the world will I make my elderly mother have surgery for something that is not serious such as frequent urination. Karma will come for the way you treat others!

September 7th, 2015
Dont go.
Just. Terrible.

May 25th, 2015
The BEST!
Exceptional provider

March 23rd, 2015
TERRIBLE -- ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A DOCTOR!
This doctor was TERRIBLE. Purposely catheterized me by surprise -- meaning completely WITHOUT warning me and without my permission. As you can imagine, this hurt even worse because I tensed up horribly. When I got upset (I was actually horrified!), she told me she had to because I wouldn't have let her do it. Well, yes!!! Her diagnosis was also dismal and scary. She didn't even put all the things she told me in her report. I ended up going to Johns Hopkins for a follow up. They did all non-invasive procedures and told me I was okay -- a completely different outlook. Just terrible, terrible experience with this doctor.

February 6th, 2015
Outstanding doctor
I have urinary and pelvic problem. My husband and I are very careful about our health and doctors. Dr. Nguyen was highly recommended by my family doctor and friends. I checked her credentials which were very impressive. She was trained at some of the best schools including Johns Hopkins. I also discovered that she is one of the few truly fellowship trained and board certified urogynecologists in the DC metro area. I found her staffs to be very friendly, helpful, and polite. Dr. Nguyen was very friendly, thorough, and careful in her examination and discussion with me. She explained my medical problem in great details and offered various options ranging from "conservative" medical care to surgery. I did not feel rushed or pressured to do anything. I decided to use pessary which works. However I am not too happy with it. My friends had very good result with surgery with Dr. Nguyen. I will talk with Dr. Nguyen soon about doing surgery. I am recommending Dr. Nguyen to all of my friends. Check her out if you have urogynecologic problem.

January 31st, 2015
if your appointment is at 10, don't expect her to see you until 11! she will rush you out of the room and act like you are bothering her and youre a waste of time unless you plan on paying her for surgery. i was very displeased with this dr. very unprofessional

December 11th, 2013
Wouldnt recommend her to a pet
No follow up, no return calls, no respect for the pt. You cant get a result unless you go in and give her a copay She would not even get 1 star, but that is the minimum

November 8th, 2012
She changed my life. No more urinary problem.

July 24th, 2012
Outstanding doctor. I would highly recommend her to everyone.