Dr. Thays Novikoff MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine San Marcos, CA

1.6

August 8th, 2016
Great for a runny nose...but not for chronic illness
I met with Dr. Novikoff several times and have since changed physicians. She was of no help what-so-ever in treating my chronic illness. I felt that she had no clue, and lacked the time/interest to figure things out!

July 28th, 2015
If you want a doctor with her cranium up her rectum, this one is for you. Think you know your body, your preferences, how to educate yourself about your medical condition? You are wrong, because this doctor thinks she knows it all, even if she has not met you. Do yourself a favor and run the other way. Seriously. This doctor is not a partner in care.

March 26th, 2014
Director of Operations
Very dissatisfied with this Doctor's, ability/desire to listen to the patient. Having had to change medical insurance provider, and as a new patient I brought my current prescriptions so the doctor could see what I had been prescribed by my physician of 10 plus years. I have chronic arthritis pain, and hypertension, and I wanted to ensure Dr. Novkoff fully understood my ongoing medical needs. After waiting for over an hour for my appointment, which was made several weeks previously, I met with Dr. Thays Novkoff. I clearly explained why I had to change my physician and my ongoing medical issues and concerns. Dr. Novkoff appeared to be listening, and told me she was going to change my pain medication. I thought this was odd considering we had just met, but had no issue as she explained it would be a better choice and would fully address my pain. After picking up the perscriptions I realized the dosage for my hypertension had been cut in half, however, we never discuss changing dosages. I called and was told to take the medication as she perscribed and make an appointment in one month. This was after I had explained to both the Dr. and staff that my previous physician was considering increasing this hypertension medication. After two weeks of pain, lack of sleep and feeling nauseated I made another appointment with a Nurse Practiioner who did not understand why the medications had been changed considering my blood pressure had increased since seeing Dr. Novkoff, and was now 180/110. I was assigned a new physicain at another facility.