Urologists
2061 Ross Ave
Ste A
El Centro, CA 92243
760-353-8181
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great care  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2014

I been a patient since 2007 Dr. affue and staff have always been courteous. I extremely recommend Dr. Affue, for so many years I was going around the valley and San Diego seeing Dr's to fix the urological problem I had, finally found Dr. Affue and have been ok and my problem never returned.

|  Good care in valley  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2013

Very good doctor , cares about his patients.

|  show details
Jul 14th, 2013

I saw other negative reviews about Dr. Affue, but my experiance was exeptionally good. I did not have to wait in the office very long, and his bedside manners were very good. His staff are very friendly. I would recommend him to anybody.

|  Rude would be an understatement  |  show details
by Lisa on May 8th, 2013

I came to this office as a vendor and was treated more rudely than I have been treated in my 15 year career. The doctor and entire staff have no respect for people and make sure to reinforce your inferiority every chance they get. There is no excuse for treating anyone this way regardless of the fact that I am not a patient. As someone who has a birds eye view of every doctor in town this is an office I would be to never recommend.

|  Worst experience ever at any business  |  show details
by Aggravated on Apr 12th, 2013

Was scheduled for a vasectomy for 3:00 was called an hour before and told to come at 4 instead. Arrived early at 3:45 and was told they were running later than I was previously told and wouldn't be seen until about 5:00. Keep in mind this for an hour long procedure that was scheduled 6 weeks in advance. Finally saw the doctor at 5:30, was prepped for he procedure on the table naked from the bottom down, shaved by the nurse, and spread on the table ready to go. I was like this for 20 minutes waiting for the doctor. When he entered the room he asked how I was, I told him I was aggravated because of the delay and long wait. He told me if I was aggravated I should reschedule when it's more convienent and that he would not perform the procedure. I explained that I changed my work schedule and took vacation days to recoup from the procedure. He Again explained he would not do the procedure. Keep in mind this took place with me basically naked and prepped in position for the procedure to start. I got angry as I realized he would not perform the procedure, he left the room. He did make sure he mentioned that he is the only urologist in the area. Dr. Affoue is an arrogant doctor and very rude, does not respect his patients and basically wasted my entire day and costed me 2 vacation days for nothing. Because I was aggravated about his lack of time management as anyone would be who was delayed for 2 and 1/2 hours. If you're in the valley please just drive to SD, Indio, or Yuma to see a urologist. This place is terrible!

|  Rude/Ahole  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

My wife took my 2 year old son to see this doctor, and he was very rude! He belittled my wife, and I will not be taking my son for a second visit or surgery. Should have made the drive to San Diego. Poor excuse for a doctor!

|  lacking in many aspects  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

From the long wait time in the office even after having an appointment, to the rude and less curteous staff on the phone and in the office, i'm not sure how likely I am to be happy with the services here. Not only could I hear other patients saying that Dr. Affue's manners are terrible when the patients can't speak English, but he won't even get them the translator to help really address the issues of their problems. It's unfortunate there aren't many other specialists in the area, but honestly, just because you have been practicing for this long doesn't mean you have to be less respectful to us your patients. I can speak spanish fine, but those patients who only speak it and don't get the medical staff to explain things are in trouble because Affue is nice, but to be honest, as a private practitioner, there's sooo many who are much more honest, courteous and truly amazing doctors out there.

|  rude!  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

Terrible attitude. Talked down to me and his staff. Extremely irrogant

|  Responsible  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2010

Top notch care and I didn't have to drive to San Diego or LA for it. I give him high marks. Have been to the ER multiple times with stones and he doesn't have a problem responding in the "middle of the night." I appreciate that. Follow up care is great.

|  Misdiagnosis  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2009

My father went to this dr. because he had a stone in his bladder, but he also had prostate cancer. The stone bothered my father so much that he interrupted his radiation therapy so that Dr. Affue could do surgery on him. In a follow up visit the stone (according to this dr.) it did not appear in the xrays, the next month, it appeared, the following month it dissapeared eventhough you could see a black spot on the xrays, the dr. said he did not have a stone. He went to see another urologist in Brawley, the next day he had surgery and the stone was removed.Dr. Affue yelled at my father when he insisted that he had a stone since May 2009, (my father had surgery Dec. 2009)So is this the case of the dissapearing bladder stone?.

|  show details
May 10th, 2009

If "extraordinary" was an option I would gladly give him that rating. I am very pleased with all he has done for me.