Dr. Theodore Caliendo MD Patient Reviews

• Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Mission Viejo, CA

1.9

October 15th, 2015
They insisted on giving my child 7 vaccines in one sitting and fluoride. Why fluoride? He's not a dentist. He argued with me about getting referrals that we needed in order to get services through early intervention. He didn't really agree that we should go and reluctantly gave me one of the 3 we needed. We won't be returning. I've done this before with my oldest and never had issues with our awesome doctor in Arizona. I Was so upset when we left that both my son and I were in tears. Horrible treatment! Beware that they don't validate parking and they made us stay there as new patients from 8:30 am to 11 am. We had to almost pay the full day rate. Never again!

October 11th, 2013
Fighting to get the best
Wow, I am shocked at all the reviews about Dr. Caliendo. I had a regular first time wellness check up for my almost 4 year old daughter. This is my first time using Medi-cal, always paid out of pocket for any medical services. My daughter has never been vaccinated and lived healthy 4 years of her life and when I came to Dr. Caliendo's office the nurse told me that she needs to have 8 vaccines! I said what?! 8 all at once today? She said yes. I was ready to give just the 4 that are needed for age 4-6 and maybe try to space them out but no once the doctor came in he asked me a couple of questions about her health and I expressed my concerns about her cough that she has been having for a while, but he was quick to respond and just say that everything seemed ok. However, when it came to vaccines the nurse came in and said ok let's do the 8 vaccines and I said no I don't want to do 8 today. She called Dr. Caliendo and he was RUDE, MEAN, OBNOXIOUS and shouting at me! He told me that I am on "this program" the Government Program that if I didn't do all the vaccines HE WOULD NOT PAID! Oh really you are so poor that if one parents says "NO" you won't have food to eat! What an A** H***! I couldn't believe it. I asked him how much does one vaccine cost? I was ready to pay out of pocket, since that's what I've been doing with any other doctor. But he proceeded to tell me that I had "NO CHOICE!" I needed to have them done today, that she is behind. Well other doctors told me that she doesn't need to catch-up, but he kept on PUSHING! I asked to space them out and he said "NO" you can't do that. I was crying my face out in the office, feeling helpless and verbally abused! I can't believe this doctor. I'm going to call every pediatrician office in South Orange County and tell the office ladies NOT TO recommend this Pediatrician. My daughter ended up have 8 vaccines in one day. Not sure if it's even legal to do that. I will be contacting the Medical Board. Please save your child and yourself some tears! Do your research! I can't believe what we as parents have to go through to get any medical attention and how am I suppose to trust another DR.? Please don't go to Dr. Caliendo!

July 22nd, 2013
Bad, Rude, and Rude!
RUde Doctor. Not Caring at all, bed side manner is horrible. Pls. dont bring your child here. TAnia is caring as well as the other nurses working in this office though.. half O star for me

February 8th, 2013
worst "doctor" ever has no idea what hes doing!
everything is "normal" to him. take the baby to the e.r. and oh its this. but the dr said it was normal.well he made a mistake. no kidding he did. never take the baby back was the advice given.

September 25th, 2012
NEEDS TO RETIRE
DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! dO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN THERE IF THEY HAVE AUTISM,,HE IS REAL RUDE,AND THE BEHAVIOR OF MY SON SEEMED LIKE IT WAS REALLY GETING TO HIM..VACCINES,QUESTION A VACCINE AND U WILL SEE HIS DEMEANOR CHANGE,HE WILL GIVE YOUR CHILD ALL 6 VACCINES AT ONCE IF U AGREE.I recently changed drs to dr mj,he is in same building,he is the most caring dr,he recently just retired but his assistant is also a real good choice...

September 10th, 2012
The staff is really bad we had to wait for a very long time and they all suck the Dr.caliendo is not a good Dr.

August 20th, 2012
Why are you in Healthcare anymore?
At first I was sooo happy dr. caliando replaced dr. Haxton and his disgusting wife..."we don't give freebees"..you know what I am talking about Mrs. Haxton! However, after the first few visits I started noticing slight changes his health, his attitude, he is so tired, so drawn out...dude...take a break and stop taking it out on us the public, yes we are a pain in the butt...so what...thats what you get paid to deal with....do you need to retire?Why did you take this offic over if you dont like it anymore, you accept the lowest forms of insurance, and with that you are going to get the white trash of the OC...deal with it...or sell out.Too bad I still have that same insurance, however, I can get out of Dr. Caliando what i need...coz I can talk the talk....but watch out Dr. C... if you do somethin that is not right..shame on you

June 22nd, 2012
Would better serve the community as a patholgist
-He became angry when my husband asked him questions regarding vaccines, refused to answer specifics, and told us we could leave if we weren't ok with that.-He insisted that we needed to have 6 vaccinations at once because we were welfare recipients and, being such, we probably wouldn't come back if he saw fit to stagger them as we requested.-We spoke with other doctors who reviewed the records and they stated he gave our child a double dose of a vaccine which was unnecessary.

June 20th, 2012
DONT
Waiting over a hour for the doctor is not acceptable with a 1 year old, specially when he wasnt even at the office yet

April 27th, 2012
Early Appts
I think that Dr Caliendo was very good w/my 5yr old son, but if you make an early appt for 8-8:30 your wait time might be longer because Dr works @ Hospital aswell. I had to wait 50 minutes for a follow up visit that took 3 minutes.

March 12th, 2012
Very rude Dr,I do not recommend at all.He threatens u that your insurance will be cancelled if u don't receive shots from

January 23rd, 2012
Some ideas to get y-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinionou started: