Dr. Theodore Chu MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 12th, 2013
One of the Best Allergy Doctor's in the entire SF Bay Area
Dr. Chu was recommended by a friend who was also a patient of Dr. Chu. He is the best Allergy and Asthma doctor who has cared for me since I first started contending with Allergies and Asthma many years ago; Furthermore, Dr. Chu helped me to manage and control, by educating me on the does and don’t, a unique form of Asthma that other allergist had missed or misdiagnose. I had a few close emergency office visits were Dr. Chu spent an extensive amount of time with me making sure that I was okay. Every single time that I had an emergency office visit, he personally called me the following day to make sure that I was okay. I give Dr. Chu TEN Stars out of FIVE. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field and he is a wonderful Doctor. I have moved out of the Bay Area and I often find myself talking about his quality of care with friends whose children were also his patients. We all have nothing but praises for the care he has given us and our families. I am happy to report that I am in good health and only contend with Asthma once or twice a year if that.

November 19th, 2010
Dishonest
I was send to DR. Chu by another dr to check if I have allergy. I didn't have any symptoms and just simple talk would be enough. He decided to check me anyway. I said that I not think I have allergy, and I don't have insurance to do checking just "in case". Dr promised me a special deal "saying it just would be a couple of hundred". I trusted him. Then nurse said it will take about 1,5 h, but I was needed to pick up my child- I wasn't ready for this test. Before I left, I reschedule my visit and ask that they will not charge me twice per visit ( which was about $300), when I come back. They said, no, they will not charge next visit, just test. Next day I proceed the test, then doctor said I need to come back to do another skin test. I did. Result -I do not have allergy, as I thought. I said to the doctor Chu, " I told you I don't have an allergy, because I don't have any symptoms! Why we even started this tests, when I don't have an insurance? " Doctor again promised me just couple of hundred to charge. On the end- I got bill for 3 visits( they did charge me the day I left) and $2500. I called billing department and lady was so rude and almost yelled at me that doctor not authorized to charge less and she doesn't believe me. I end up paying full amount of charge. He just wanted to get money from insurance or patients providing tests that is not necessary! I am very disappointed in him !

April 7th, 2016