Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist
925 Chestnut St
Fl 5
Philadelphia, PA 19107
267-339-3500
Locations and availability (8)

3.0

|  Comfort  |  show details
by Patricia A Brown on Nov 30th, 2013

I was treated in Philadelphia for herniated disks in my lumbar region. Dr. Conliffe Jr. was courteous, knowledgeable and professional. I was treated with medication, sent physical therapy, and given injections. After three years, I am still pain free! Thank you Dr. Conliffe, Jr.!

|  Arrogant and inaccurate  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2013

I consulted Dr.Conliffe for low back pain resultant from a skiing injury I sustained 10 years ago. Prior to that, I had never had a problem with my back. I had an MRI, but the report had not been sent to him. He stated that he "reads his own MRI's" and didn't need the report. In addition to the L3/4 bulging disc that had been diagnosed (via MRI) 10 years ago, he noted that I had a bulging disc above that, as well. After recommending an epidural and physical therapy, I asked him to give me something for the pain. At that point, I was in agony. He replied that "here at Rothman, we're not into narcotics". I was astounded. I'm not into narcotics either, but when you are in such pain that you can barely walk, narcotics are commonly prescribed. He reluctantly gave me something, but I felt that he was treating me like an addict. He also told me that "this didn't just start 10 years ago" and insisted that it was a result of aging and reduced spaces between my discs. I have not lost so much as a quarter inch in height since high school, so he is clearly wrong.Then, his assistant came into the room to finish up with me. She told me that I needed to pray. Yep, that's what she said. When I replied that I do pray, but that I could not pray away the pain, she replied that I could. She was arrogant, as well. As she walked me to the elevator, she slipped something into my purse and said I could read it later. I thought it was some medical information. Imagine my surprise when I looked at it and it was a copy of the 23rd Psalm. Never, in my life, has anyone in a doctor's office suggested that I pray and then sent me home with a Psalm. I am seeing another doctor and would not recommend this man and his assistant to anyone. There are plenty of good, competent doctors out there who listen to their patients and take their history seriously. Find one of those.

|  A very warm doctor  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2011

Dr. Conliffe is a very good listener, and took the time to explain to me why I was having pain, and what I needed to do to improve my condition.

|  Absolutely awful. Worst experience ever.  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2010

this doctor and his assistant were very rude and accusatory towards me. they were very judgmental and had the worst bedside manners i have ever seen in my life. the both of them were very rude and i have no idea why either of them chose to work in the medical field.

|  Conliffe Theodore Md - Rothman Institute very good specialist  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 24th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr Theodore Conlff is with the Rothman Insititue and I seen him for hip and low back problems..He is very knowledgeable and explains everyth...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Rothman Institute Specialist  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 6th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I was refered to the Rothman institute in Voorhees as a result of nerve damage to my neck. Dr. Conliffe is an attentive physician. He is a g...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com