Dr. Theodore Goodman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Theodore Goodman?

June 6th, 2017

When a pschiatrist, whom I am seeing 2x a week for a specualized treatment asks me about my childhood abuse, specifically asked me if my abuser penetrated me, that is going way above and beyond his scope of duty and should be called on it.

September 30th, 2016

Highly recommended

Dr. Goodman is very genuine. He listens caringly to your needs.

September 8th, 2015

I have suffered from depression since I was a teenager. I am now 40. My psychiatrist recommended ECT to me. Dr. Goodman was the doctor that administered my ECT for the past one year and 2 months. Dr. Goodman and ECT have saved my life. I no longer have the anger or sadness or depression I did prior to starting ECT. Dr. Goodman has earned the most positive review I can give. Moreover, the staff couldn't be more sweet. All of them. Both Dr. Goodman and all staff make you feel like you are the most important patient they have. And they do that with all patients, that I see.

August 27th, 2015

ECT effective treatment for bi-polar disorder

I have been treated with various medicines for years trying to combat bi-polar disorder. The ECT from Dr. Goodman has been my first real win in this long battle. It as though I have been given my life back.

August 19th, 2015

Patient

Excellent Doctor!!! Simply the best!!! Saved my life!

January 28th, 2015

He goes the extra mile...

When many doctors would've given up on me, Dr. Goodman continues to go the extra mile. I've seen dozens of doctors, have had years of treatment, and am a complicated case. Dr. Goodman has fought for my care, and continues to do all he can so I can live the healthiest life possible. I'm very grateful!

January 24th, 2014

Thank you Dr. Goodman and Staff

As one of Dr. Goodman's patients, I have only praise for him, his staff, and the Sutter Psychiatric Hospital. Before coming to Dr. Goodman, I suffered from major depression for over 20 yrs. I had gone trough all available medicines, and combinations of medicines. They would help for awhile, and then the bottom would fall out and I was back in the hospital, feeling suicidal. Once again, medications did not sustain me. All the while, Dr. Goodman was always encouraging, kind and caring. He took whatever time I needed to talk with me before ECT. He always remembered me and personalized the discussion prior to ECT. After several ECT treatments and finding a medication, my depression began to lift. My being hospitalized decreased and my life became liveable again. No words can express the joy of having my life given back to me. Dr. Goodman and ECT were two things I grabbed onto in the dark pit of depression. They helped me to climb out of that pit into the light of life again. Dr. Goodman is not only very proficient with ECT, but he is one of the best men I have ever known. I will always consider him my Dr. and friends.

December 4th, 2013

Dr. Theodore Goodman Review

Over the past four years my husband has seen three psychiatrists, a neurologist, an internist, and a therapist for his Major Depressive Disorder. None were effective. It's only since meeting Dr. Goodman that we have seen significant improvement over the past eight months. He is positive, compassionate, a good listener. He instills confidence with his knowledge and experience with ECT and the obvious accumulative results. He tailors his treatments to meet the needs of each patient. He makes time for questions and gives direct, educated answers. Dr. G counsels his patients and caregivers on the expectations of ECT. There's no hidden agenda. We've encountered many other patients in the waiting room. None have anything but praise and gratitude for Dr. Goodman. We consider ourselves blessed to have the good fortune to be assessed and treated by him.. These past months have been a growing experience. ECT is a serious but necessary treatment for those who do not respond to other interventions. Even still, our visits are peppered with humor and grace ... he remains a humble person. We continue to be grateful to Dr. G and his caring, professional staff.

June 20th, 2012

Dr. Goodman and all of the ECT staff are very attentive and professional. Emphasis on always. They made me feel welcome and very at ease. I never felt anxiety prior to an appt. because I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Goodman has a very calming, attentive demeanor. He was ready and willing to answer all questions in a very straight forward, patient manner. I never felt that I was being rushed. A very kind man to work with. My entire experience, from my first appt. to my last was never distressing. This is quite a statement to be able to make considering the type of treatment involved.

June 13th, 2012

My Experience with Dr. Goodman

I have had over 30 ECT treatments with Dr. Goodman. My experience with Dr. Goodman has been exceptional. He is a very compassionate doctor who has a wonderful bedside manner. When I have been scared or nervous he calms me down and puts my mind at ease. He is also extremely responsive and returns calls within hours of me leaving a message. I never would have chosen this form of treatment if Dr. Goodman hadn't presented it as an option to me. On my worst day, just before my ECT treatment, Dr. Goodmand put his hand on my shoulder and told me "it will be ok"...it is this kind of compassion that makes all the difference when you have hit rock bottom in regards to depression. I have suffered from bipolar disorder for many years and the ECT treatments I have received from Dr. Goodman have saved my life. I would encourage anyone who is suffering to look into this amazing treatment....it will change your life.

June 6th, 2012

Dr. Goodman has literally saved our daughter's life. She has been seeing him and having treatments for 5 years. He is very responsive when issues arise, and is constantly searching for ways to help our daughter. He truly cares about her and our family. We don't know how all our lives would be like without him. Thank goodness we found him.

August 9th, 2011

I think God every night for Dr Goodman

If it wasn't for Dr Goodman my father would be in a mental hospital or even dead. He has saved my dads life and mine too. I was living in darkness for 8 months taking care of my dad. Now there is hope for the future.