Dr. Theodore Goodman, MD
Psychiatrist

Video profile

by David Cramer on Sep 7th, 2015

I have suffered from depression since I was a teenager. I am now 40. My psychiatrist recommended ECT to me. Dr. Goodman was the doctor that administered my ECT for the past one year and 2 months. Dr. Goodman and ECT have saved my life. I no longer have the anger or sadness or depression I did prior to starting ECT. Dr. Goodman has earned the most positive review I can give. Moreover, the staff couldn't be more sweet. All of them. Both Dr. Goodman and all staff make you feel like you are the most important patient they have. And they do that with all patients, that I see.

ECT effective treatment for bi-polar disorder show details ECT effective treatment for bi-polar disorder
by Rob S. on Aug 26th, 2015

I have been treated with various medicines for years trying to combat bi-polar disorder. The ECT from Dr. Goodman has been my first real win in this long battle. It as though I have been given my life back.

Patient show details Patient
Aug 19th, 2015

Excellent Doctor!!! Simply the best!!! Saved my life!

He goes the extra mile... show details He goes the extra mile...
by R.S. on Jan 27th, 2015

When many doctors would've given up on me, Dr. Goodman continues to go the extra mile. I've seen dozens of doctors, have had years of treatment, and am a complicated case. Dr. Goodman has fought for my care, and continues to do all he can so I can live the healthiest life possible. I'm very grateful!

Thank you Dr. Goodman and Staff show details Thank you Dr. Goodman and Staff
by Kathleen E. on Jan 23rd, 2014

As one of Dr. Goodman's patients, I have only praise for him, his staff, and the Sutter Psychiatric Hospital. Before coming to Dr. Goodman, I suffered from major depression for over 20 yrs. I had gone trough all available medicines, and combinations of medicines. They would help for awhile, and then the bottom would fall out and I was back in the hospital, feeling suicidal. Once again, medications did not sustain me. All the while, Dr. Goodman was always encouraging, kind and caring. He took whatever time I needed to talk with me before ECT. He always remembered me and personalized the discussion prior to ECT. After several ECT treatments and finding a medication, my depression began to lift. My being hospitalized decreased and my life became liveable again. No words can express the joy of having my life given back to me. Dr. Goodman and ECT were two things I grabbed onto in the dark pit of depression. They helped me to climb out of that pit into the light of life again. Dr. Goodman is not only very proficient with ECT, but he is one of the best men I have ever known. I will always consider him my Dr. and friends.

Dr. Theodore Goodman Review show details Dr. Theodore Goodman Review
Dec 4th, 2013

Over the past four years my husband has seen three psychiatrists, a neurologist, an internist, and a therapist for his Major Depressive Disorder. None were effective. It's only since meeting Dr. Goodman that we have seen significant improvement over the past eight months. He is positive, compassionate, a good listener. He instills confidence with his knowledge and experience with ECT and the obvious accumulative results. He tailors his treatments to meet the needs of each patient. He makes time for questions and gives direct, educated answers. Dr. G counsels his patients and caregivers on the expectations of ECT. There's no hidden agenda. We've encountered many other patients in the waiting room. None have anything but praise and gratitude for Dr. Goodman. We consider ourselves blessed to have the good fortune to be assessed and treated by him.. These past months have been a growing experience. ECT is a serious but necessary treatment for those who do not respond to other interventions. Even still, our visits are peppered with humor and grace ... he remains a humble person. We continue to be grateful to Dr. G and his caring, professional staff.

Jun 20th, 2012

Dr. Goodman and all of the ECT staff are very attentive and professional. Emphasis on always. They made me feel welcome and very at ease. I never felt anxiety prior to an appt. because I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Goodman has a very calming, attentive demeanor. He was ready and willing to answer all questions in a very straight forward, patient manner. I never felt that I was being rushed. A very kind man to work with. My entire experience, from my first appt. to my last was never distressing. This is quite a statement to be able to make considering the type of treatment involved.

My Experience with Dr. Goodman show details My Experience with Dr. Goodman
Jun 13th, 2012

I have had over 30 ECT treatments with Dr. Goodman. My experience with Dr. Goodman has been exceptional. He is a very compassionate doctor who has a wonderful bedside manner. When I have been scared or nervous he calms me down and puts my mind at ease. He is also extremely responsive and returns calls within hours of me leaving a message. I never would have chosen this form of treatment if Dr. Goodman hadn't presented it as an option to me. On my worst day, just before my ECT treatment, Dr. Goodmand put his hand on my shoulder and told me "it will be ok"...it is this kind of compassion that makes all the difference when you have hit rock bottom in regards to depression. I have suffered from bipolar disorder for many years and the ECT treatments I have received from Dr. Goodman have saved my life. I would encourage anyone who is suffering to look into this amazing treatment....it will change your life.

Jun 6th, 2012

Dr. Goodman has literally saved our daughter's life. She has been seeing him and having treatments for 5 years. He is very responsive when issues arise, and is constantly searching for ways to help our daughter. He truly cares about her and our family. We don't know how all our lives would be like without him. Thank goodness we found him.

I think God every night for Dr Goodman show details I think God every night for Dr Goodman
Aug 9th, 2011

If it wasn't for Dr Goodman my father would be in a mental hospital or even dead. He has saved my dads life and mine too. I was living in darkness for 8 months taking care of my dad. Now there is hope for the future.

Awesome ECT doctor show details Awesome ECT doctor
Feb 14th, 2011

For ECT treatments, you won't find a better doctor. He knows his stuff better than anybody. He really cares for his patients.On the flip side, you'll wait more than two hours sometimes for ECT treatments and get to spend only 5 minutes talking to him. I wish the treatments were quicker and more efficient. I wish I could spend 15-30 minutes with him. But, he's just too much in demand. When you're good, you have very little free time.I've had over 20 ECT treatments and I have my life back thanks to Dr. Goodman. I highly recommend him for ECT. He's not perfect but you won't find anybody better for ECT.

He's # 1 (go Dr. Goodman) show details He's # 1 (go Dr. Goodman)
by Dianne Lynn Houts on Sep 22nd, 2009

Dr. Goodman is a very kind caring patient doctor. I am so glad my Kaiser doctor sent me to him. He helped me tremendously on getting a real life back. I sincerely believe if he didn't care about me I would not be here today. It took along time to find a medication but Dr. Goodman did. I have more respect for him than most anyone. I am now living a great life and have a life to live.I'm better now then I have been in my 53 years of life.(I'm so glad to be alive).Someday I want to go in there to say Hi! This way he can see a big smiling face, not my old haggard sad crying face. I hope he knows how many lives he alone have saved and or helped.If your having problems go to Dr.Theodore Goodman, you and your loved ones will be smiling too.p.s. Dr. Goodman has a great personality.

Dr. Goodman has treated me with ECT for several years show details Dr. Goodman has treated me with ECT for several years
by Anonymous, Male, Age 32 on Feb 26th, 2009

Dr. Goodman's ECT practice is excellent. He is caring, professional and does his job well. The waiting time is absolutely unacceptable - sometimes I have had to wait for two or more hours in the waiting room before receiving my treatment. His staff is some of the best I have ever been around. My only complaint is that he is prejudiced against using benzodiazepine medications.

ECT show details ECT
Sep 13th, 2008

Dr. Goodman has treated my bipolar disorder with Electro-Convulsive Therapy for over 2 years now. He is among the most caring, interested, professional and knowledgeable physicians I have ever know as both a patient and as a Registered Nurse. He is quite simply an excellent choice as an MD.