Overall Review

2.5

no change

April 25th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
I'm 55 and have been seeing Dr. Lawson for several years and he's always professional and courteous. I have a good relationship with him because we're about the same age and both are physically active so we can relate when it comes to age-related medical issues. He does seem a little rushed at times but I think that's just the nature of the business. Keeping good records before visiting can help him (or any doctor) more accurately diagnose an issue.

January 6th, 2016
Left upset
I had been going to this group for years. I came down with a sinus infection and had to see Dr. Lawson because my primary doctor was booked (in fact he's always seems to have open appointments; you'll find out why). He seemed mentally uncommitted to our time together. He was very dry and uninterested. He looked in my nose and ears then confirmed I had a sinus infection. Then, out of now where he asked if my anyone had ever talked to me about losing weight. What?!?! I'm like a whole 15 pounds overweight, and had a recent physical with my primary care physician that went well, and my labs were perfect. I was so upset. I didn't go to him for a second opinion on my recent physical, but for a sinus infection. I'll NEVER EVER see him again; even if he's the last option in the office.

July 3rd, 2013
Complete, Unobjective, Unprofessional Jerk to patients
The first time I visited Dr. Lawson he was great. He understood I have high cholesterol because it is hereditary and explained how he could put me on the most extreme diet and not correct the cholesterol problems I have. I also have GERD so he put me on an OTC called ranitidine or famotidine, I can't recall which. These did almost nothing for me. After a year or so I expressed my concern with my excessive GERD and esophageal cancer. He told me to stop eating Pepperoni Pizzas because that's causing my cholesterol and GERD, and was a complete a** about it and had been to me since that day. Two years later I go to a GI and I have Barrett's, the precursor to esophageal cancer. Thanks for being professional and objective A hole!. Your partners should push you out of the practice because you're a legal liability to them.

June 5th, 2011
Arrogant and insensitive. To be honest, he does not seem to care about the patient at all. I would avoid.

February 11th, 2011
He spends time with you to make sure you understand what is going on, why and what your options are for treatment. Very detailed information which I appreciate.

January 31st, 2011
After weeks of illness, I saw Dr. Lawson for evaluation. He seemed unconcerned with my complaints and brushed them off as a virus. After pushing him for lab and radiographic evaluation, he reported back to me that my test results were normal. When I insisted on having answers, he seemed to be irritated but referred me to a specialist. When I went to the specialist, I was told my test results were NOT normal and was recommended for surgery. I felt Dr. Lawson was unconcerned with my health and made me feel as if I was over reacting to the acute illness I was experiencing. I would not recommend Dr. Lawson to anyone.

January 17th, 2011
Find someone else!
I agree with other reviewers. Dr. Lawson rushes through his appointments, does not listen to what you say or literally shrugs off what you can manage to squeeze in when he stops talking long enough. It seems like he is more interested in flying through the appointment and getting out of the room than he is about actually listening and trying to help. More often than not, I have left frustrated or angry with my experience with him. I'm a nurse and have a pretty good point of reference for what a good doctor is, so I have no idea why I've gone to him for as long as I have. I'm finding someone else, and so should you!

March 30th, 2010
Great PCP
Dr. Lawson has taken care of my entire family for years, and I have referred many friends to him as well. He has always been very courteous and professional with us. He takes the time to talk to me and my husband and if we do not understand something he is talking about, we just ask if he can explain it in greater detail. He has always obliged. We will continue to see him and refer our friends and family to him.

October 24th, 2009
Dr. Lawson is a great doctor. He is always caring and concerned and spends a lot of time discussing my issues and health concerns. At no time have I ever felt he was rushed or distant.

September 14th, 2009
Stay away from Dr Lawson. Caution!
This man is not a good doctor at all. He is VERY unpersonable, rude and has NO bedside manner. He rushes his appointments and has mis-diagnosed and or not diagnosed many people I know. Who also vow to NEVER EVER go see this guy again. I would NOT reccomment this dr to anybody and furthermore I dont think he should be practicing medicine ANYWHERE!

March 24th, 2009
Dr Lawson needs to slow down, stop talking, and LISTEN to what the patient has to say for proper diagnosis and treatment plan. Doctor is always in a "rush"; speaks too fast and patient is not sure what he/she is really supposed to do after the appointment?

January 5th, 2009
Call him if you want a lecture on seatbelts
I went in with concerns of chronic fatigue, backpain, and possible heart problems. Dr. Lawson gave me lectures on using my seatbelt (I don't) and using ibuprofin. The guy just doesn't listen well, seems grouchy, and doesn't seem to enjoy his work.