Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
280 Smith Ave N
Ste 311
Saint Paul, MN 55102
651-330-3656
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Jun 10th, 2013

Dr. Lillehei is an amazing person and a wonderful doctor. I was diagnosed with a very large atrial septal defect (ASD) at 19. Dr. Lillehei, along with his colleague Dr. Lindsay, performed open heart surgery on me and did a pericardial patch and CorMatrix repair. I was out of the hospital in 4 days and had a fast recovery. I had some minor complications, such as a fluid-filled cyst that formed on the incision site (cause still unknown despite 4 CAT scans) and Dr. Lillehei was always ready and willing to see me, even doing the surgery himself when the cyst required surgical draining. He checked up on me often by phone and was always willing to speak with me by phone or email to answer my questions or give advice. He even went through some test results that I sent to him when I ended up in a hospital in Spain! Dr. Lillehei is kind and always follows up. He never gives up trying to discover the source of a problem even when it takes several visits and many tests. I highly recommend that you see Dr. Lillehei for any cardiothoracic issues you are facing.

|  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

This doctor is the BEST!!!! Couldn't have been in better hands. His office staff is totally professional in every way.

|  the  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2011

exceptional heart surgeon who performed bypass surgery on my father who had been ill for weeks before on a ventilator after he had a cardiac arrest. the surgery went well and now my father is back at his regular baseline as if he never were so severly ill---this doctor saved my dad's life.

|  Short Recovery  |  show details
by Creed Carson on Feb 21st, 2011

Due to Dr. Lillehei's expertise and technique, I was able to recover in half the time as most, a minimal scar and genarally a perfect proceedure. I have been wonderfully please with the whole Lillehei experience.