Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile
College East
6699 Alvarado Rd
Ste 2209
San Diego, CA 92120
619-583-8990
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Curt, rude unprofessional, uncaring office staff  |  show details
by Anonymous on Aug 26th, 2014

Dr. Mazer's staff leaves something to be desired. Joline is the worst of all - very curt, rude, sarcastic, unprofessional, and uncaring in the way she handles patients! In addition, Dr. Mazer removed a scab on my ear drum before it was ready to come off, while it was still in the healing process. This resulted in unnecessary pain and an inner ear infection which caused vertigo for almost 2 weeks, and a trip to the hospital. I will never go back to that office again, nor will I recommend it to any one!!!!!

|  Hearing Impaired  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2013

I recently became hearing impaired and have filed for disability benefits per Dr. Mazer recommendation four months ago. Today my grandson and I went to Dr. Mazer’s office (per the State's request) asking him to fill out the proper form once again, that the State has been waiting to receive from him with the correct medical information. Unfortunately, he refused to fill out the form saying he is not spending anymore time on this issue. He insists that he is not treating me anymore. Instead of the filling out the proper State form, he said he wrote a letter to the State regarding my condition a few months back … the thing is, the State does not want a letter, they need him to fill out the form which he refuses to do. Without the proper documentation from Dr. Mazer (primary physician), I will not be approved for benefits by the State. Dr. Mazer said that he does not take orders and will not fill out the form. That it's up to the State to determine whether or not to approve my application per the letter he previously sent them. He wants nothing to do with this issue anymore and refused to continue talking to my grandson, and asked us to leave his office because he had patients to see (I’m sure these patients had private insurance – not like me. I have CMS medical insurance). I was so humiliated by his arrogance. Aside from being an idiot, Dr. Mazer is evil and hateful. He clearly doesn't care about me as a human being and could care less if I live or die. He doesn't make much money out of patients with CMS ... only private insurance patients are his preference. This is called discrimination.

Feb 10th, 2013

Went to Dr Mazer last year for a stuffy nose, said I had rhinoititis, gave me expense prescription to fill with a expired discount card, on my second appt told him this and requested cheaper prescription as I am a cash patient, he asked me why i didnt have insurance and suggested I get on medicaid, i took this as insulting for which i told him we make too much money for medicaid, his bedside manner is arrogant and after reading all the other reviews i guess im not alone in thinking this. Dont know why he is arrogant his office is old and drabby not even in a high rent district, i have other issues which i need looked at and im going to find another doctor also asked me how much i weighed and for my height i should weigh a certain amount, i felt imbarrassed by this conversation

|  Lousy job  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2012

Dr. Mazer may be experienced, but he didn't do a very good job on my nose. I went in with four issues, and came out of surgery with three issues. One of which was worse than before I went in. He created a problem that was non-existant prior to surgery. When I tried talking to him to resolve the bad job, he denied I had a problem, and told me there was nothing he could do. He was more concerned with making notes on what he did right, the one issue he fixed, than he was in taking responsibilty for a job gone wrong. Before I left his office, he suggested I use breathing strips. I was sorry I ever went to him in the first place. Now I have to seek another doctor to fix his work, and do it at my expense.

|  Best Ear Care in long line of Procedures  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

My recurring need for ear tubes has been very capably handled by Dr Mazer for several years. Generally an office procedure taking less than one hour.

|  Horrible Doctor I've ever encountered  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

I made an appointment at Alvarado hospital office of Dr. Mazer and I still had to wait 30 minutes. After waiting for that long he only spoke with me for about 10 minutes and rushed out of the room. During my care he was not professional, he was more of interrogating than helping me as a patient. He raised his voice and used a very negative attitude while treating me. He said that we would call me at the end of the month to make sure my Hospital records was faxed to his office but he never called. I called back later to make an appointment and yet he called me to say unnecessary things about my care.

|  Very unprofessional doctor  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2012

Upon arriving to my appointment at 10:10 which was scheduled for 10:30, I waited an additional two hours to be seen by the most rude doctor I have ever met. My reason for going to his office was for swollen tonsills, difficulty breathing, and soreness while talking. Not only did he walk into the room with such arrogance I was then "lectured" on abusing my medical insurance for visiting the Emergency Room the previous night where I recieved the referral to his office. My visit was very horrible, I felt insulted and demeaned by a "doctor" who should have been more caring. He told me to "quit being a baby and talk" eventhough my throat was in severe pain and my mother Nswered most of my questions for me. He then proceeded to read my ER chart that said my blood pressure was elevated the night before and arrogantly replied "Hmm you wonder why" implying my weight. I felt that was completly rude seeing as I came seeking relief for my constant sore throats not a weightloss instruction. He insulted my mother calling her rude for being outraged at his arrogance. All in all we left the office and the next day I recieved a call from the ER that an unknown long term of step bacteria was found in my cultures and I needed imediate antibiotics, yet the arrogant throat specialist deemed my condition as "being a baby". I would never recommend this doctor not even to my worse enemy.

|  good solid Dr. efficient and kind.  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

he was juggling a full office with several patients however he spent the time necessary with me to help diagnose my ear problem and though is tmj he went ahead and did an hearing test to be sure nothing was wrong inside my ears. I used him for a second opinion since he was older and comes with years of experience and his diagnosis backed up the first Dr. diagnosis. Dr. Mazer was highly recomend by two doctors.

|  Should have read reviews first  |  show details
May 8th, 2012

Went to this doctor because he is part of Sharp. Needed a revision septoplasty, which I already knew and he said he could do it. Barely 6 months later and it's worse than before. Now I need another revision, hopefully there is enough cartilage left to do so. It was difficult to speak with him, he tells you more than listening to you.Quite arrogant and left me several threatening voice mails regarding billing. He was upset my insurance didn't cover everything, but that is between him and the insurance company. I paid my co-pay and everything I owed! I've never had such problems with a doctor as this one.

Mar 26th, 2012

I felt like this doctor did not listen to anything I told him then he said there was nothing wrong with me. I found with another doctor I had a tear in my ear drum.

Mar 16th, 2012

One of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Terrible bedside manners and is too busy to listen. He is extremely arrogant!

|  Terrible Staff and Doctor  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2012

waited six months to see this doctor. The staff never called to remind me of my appointment, and instead of being considerate they blamed me. After testing I called several times over the past few months for my results. the Dr. and nurse never got back to me. I come to find I have severe sleep apnea. the results were sitting in his office for 4 months. Bottom line, don't waste your time or your money on a dr. who does not care for his clients and employs staff who yell at their clients.

Jan 27th, 2011

Rude phone manners. Office receptionist was nice but Doctor was pushy and very cranky. PUSHY. Very Pushy. I can't say that I trust a person who talks to me using fear tactics about health to get me to do my surgery.

|  Ear Nose & Throat  |  show details
by Tom C on Dec 9th, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr. Mazer. Dr. Mazer and his entire staff are very helpful and easy to deal with.

|  Good diagnosis and highly regardedby other Doctor's,  |  show details
by Gerry on Aug 16th, 2010

Had a good experience with Dr. Mazer, will continue to see him.I hope this continues

by donnab on Jun 7th, 2010

Dr. Mazer has an efficient brisk manner and maintains professional distance while personable and friendly at the same time. His office staff is polite and well informed. The office is well organized, clean, and comfortable.

Jan 17th, 2010

other patient had say everything i think about this dr.

|  do not go to this office period. terrible staff  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2009

Refuse to Ttreat my father only because he does not speak good enough English, even the patient was in pain. Not even try to find alter way to help the patient, the front desk staff just told the patient we did not want see you today, you came to us, we did not ask you come, so we NO is NO. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR OFFICE PERIOD!

Oct 24th, 2009

nat happy with thewaiting time

|  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2009

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. DOCTOR DOES NOT CARE FOR HIS PATIENT! I HAD AN IN HOUSE EXAM AND DID NOT GET THE RESULT YET. IT HAS BEEN A WEEK SO FAR AND EVERY SINGLE TIME WHEN I CALL HIS OFFICE. HIS RECEPTIONIST WOULD GIVE ME BS ANSWER. SUCH AS, HE CALLED YOU LAST NIGHT AT 8PM BUT NO ONE PICKED UP. COME ON AT 8PM? THAT IS KIND OF LATE TO BE CALLING ME WITH THE RESULT. ALSO IF I DIDN'T PICK UP MY PHONE, HE SHOULD HAVE LEFT A VOICE MESSAGE. WHICH HE DIDNT, SO UNPROFESSIONAL! THE ONLY REASON I WENT TO THIS DOCTOR BECAUSE SHARP HOSPITAL HAS HORRIBLE SCHEDULING DATE WITH THEIR ENT SPECILALIST. BUT I AM REALLY REGRETTING GOING TO THIS DOCTOR AND AM SEEKING NEW ENT SPECIALIST.

by joe_mama_60 on Mar 26th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Kiko I'm sorry you had an issue with with someone down there that's unfortunate. Dr. Mazer is very good at what he does, very knowledgeable and trustworthy. He's one of the few PEOPLE I trust let alone healthcare professionials.Succesful sinus surgery on me, ear tubes for my son, and I still see him for manifestations related to his specialty as well as for refererals to other physicians for unrelated maladies from time to time.|He is my go to guy :)

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Dec 27th, 2007 on yahoo.com

the receptionist hung up on me twice! she is so rude!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com