A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Theodore Miclau:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Theodore Miclau, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Bone Transplantation
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Femoral Fractures
- Fracture Fixation
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Open Fractures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Miclau graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Miclau has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Miclau accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans