Dr. Theodore Naiman MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

April 21st, 2017
Very helpful and seems to know his stuff.
Dr. Naiman was the third doctor I saw for my problem and he seemed to know exactly what was going on immediately. Great job explaining what was going on as well. Would see again.

April 18th, 2016
Horrible experience with Dr. Naiman
I had been seeing doctor Naiman for quite a while and never had a problem. He was friendly and pretty easy to talk to. I injured my neck years ago and went to see him the day after. I couldn't move it and was in quite a bit of pain. He prescribed me pain medication (very low grade, non narcotic) to help me sleep and function. Surprisingly, he only had x-rays taken, not an MRI. He was very quick to diagnose me with a neck sprain. Unfortunately, the pain never really went away. I saw him numerous times over the next year to try to fix the problem, while staying on the medication to sleep. The only thing he ever recommended for to fix the issue was physical therapy, which barely helped at all. The last time I went to see him, I had aggravated my neck pretty badly. I asked him for a refill of my medication and he said okay, but not before giving me a really hard time about it and asking me if I was concerned that I was addicted to it. I understand why a doctor could think that way, but I was still having pain all the time and he had done nothing to help fix it. He wouldn't even order an MRI to find the real problem. When I went to see a real doctor, he ordered an MRI and found that I had two bulging disks, degenerative disk disease, and mild stenosis. Obviously, there was a huge problem, he just didn't care enough to figure it out. Instead, he made me feel really bad about asking for medication. Horrible. Don't waste your time with Dr. Naiman. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

December 27th, 2015
WARNING! Avoid Dr. Ted Naiman!
Do not trust your health to Dr. Naiman. Ted will not be truthful and fails to spend sufficient time with you thus resulting in inappropriate care.

September 22nd, 2015
Thorough and caring Doctor.
Lucky me. I've been Dr Naiman's patient for well over 10 years. I've always had great and comprehensive care.

January 16th, 2013
Very helpful.
Dr. Naiman is really one of the only doctors I have ever met who truly genuinely helped me. Thanks to his knowledge into my condition I have lost over fifty pounds and I feel fantastic. Dr. Naiman was very caring and down-to-earth and he really listened to what I was saying and I would recommend him to anyone.

September 15th, 2012
I will only see him
5 years ago I woke up with paralysis on one side of my face, panicked I called Virginia Mason to get in and was seen by 3 different practitioners each thinking I had strep throat to they didn't know what was wrong. After a few days of being very frustrated and still panicking I called Virginia Mason again to make an appointment and was scheduled to see Dr Naiman. After asking a few questions he looked at me and told me I had Bells Palsy he then quickly scheduled me for an MRI and put me on a bunch of medications. The MRI came up clean and after 4 days the paralysis was GONE. Dr Naiman saw what 3 other doctors didn't. He's amazing and after that he's the only doctor I will see. In fact he's the only doctor I trust with my daughter and my hubby will only go to see him as well. He is an AMAZING doctor! There is no one better than him.

August 24th, 2012
Open and honest diarnosis and treatment
I appreciate Dr. Naiman's more casual/human approach to interacting with me. Contrary to many of my past doctors and medical professionals, he treats me like a person, not a child or social 'subordinate'. He listens to my issue, investigates potential behaviors that may heve led to the issue, and recommends various treatment options.I've cases where an infection recurs which he has refilled a prescription without an office visit, saving me time while fixing the issue.If you prefer a more 'traditional' approach (i.e. doctors on an ivory tower) then his more casual/human/personal approach may not be for you. For me, I appreciate his honesty and 'cutting to the chase' in diagnosing and my issue and a no nonsense approach to helping me maintain and improve my health in a more holistic fashion.

October 4th, 2011
Dr. Naiman is courteous, professional, and caring. I would recommend him to any patient.

October 2nd, 2011
Dr. Naiman needs to improve his attitude and communications skills
Virginia Mason has always seemed to be a very pleasant experience, as pleasant as it can be considering most the time the reason people go to doctors is because they are not feeling well. Many doctors there are excellent in every way.Dr. Naiman on the other hand does not pay attention to what someone is explaining and he makes sure to impose his personal judgement about the patient seeking help from him. He seems to enjoy belittling other people and acting as if, since he's a doctor, he is much better than anyone else so he has a right to talk down to other people. I know I'll never be back!It's a shame that it's always that one bad apple that ruins it for the bunch.

July 6th, 2017