Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Aug 22nd, 2016

Very good. May wait in waiting room for a couple of hours past the appointment time, but he spends time with each patient as needed.

Office Staff show details Office Staff
by Celine Kleinhans on Aug 8th, 2016

As others have said, If you are looking for a new best friend, you have the wrong guy. I'm not seeing Dr. Schreiber for that. He comes in the room, tells you what you need to know and leaves. That works for me. He has taken care of myself and family members for years and we all agree he is the best. Promptness is not always there, but if you are the one in the hospital and that's what delays him in the office then so be it. He does need to do something about his office staff. They are very rude and unprofessional. I'm sure he's not an easy guy to work for, but then find another job. Nobody is happy to sit there for 2 hours and we all get crabby, but they are rude from the time you sign in.

Brilliant! show details Brilliant!
by Sam on May 16th, 2016

Dr. Schreiber is the BEST cardiologist I have ever had the pleasure of working with! No other cardiologist would listen to me when I complained of chest pain etc. They said I was too young and it was stress/anxiety. The man knew just by listening to my heart that there was something wrong. Turns out I had a 60% blockage!!! This had been there for years. The staff at DMC that helped perform the Cath procedure were excellent as well! As for the office staff, Brian the PA is great as well! Some of the other office staff could use some training, some are kind of dry and cold to patients. When you are looking for a Dr that is Brilliant you aren't looking for a best friend, you are looking for someone who is going to be straight with you, not beat around the bush. I would recommend Dr Schreiber to anyone!! I now have a lifelong Dr that I trust with my life!

Sep 3rd, 2015

the staff in his office could be more polite and not so short with his patients. The doctor is THE BEST!!!

GREAT DOCTOR BED SIDE MANNER--NOPE show details GREAT DOCTOR BED SIDE MANNER--NOPE
by JRB on Jun 14th, 2015

SUPER SMART KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND PROBABLY SAVED MY LIVE MORE THAN ONCE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PAL HE IS NOT IT, IF YOU WANT A GREAT DOCTOR HE IS YOUR MAN!

Apr 29th, 2015

It amazes me that Dr. Schrieber is a heart Dr. He is a heartless man. Both of my parents are dead due to his and the staff at Harper Hospital. When my father went in he promised that things had changed. They did not. He admitted to me that a chain is only as good as its weakest link. He is the weakest link.

RUDE and all about $$$$$ show details RUDE and all about $$$$$
by KL on Apr 13th, 2015

This office staff is rude, they have no regard for elderly patients and Dr Schreiber is all about procedures, procedures, procedure. Anything to make a buck. I wouldn't refer this office or this Cardiologist if he were the last on earth. Ask him why he maintains an apartment by the Detroit Medical Center? The staff at the hospital states that it's because all he does is procedures to take the insurance money. HE has this down to a science at this office, whether a procedure is needed or NOT get another Dr people!!!

Privileged to call him my doctor show details Privileged to call him my doctor
Jul 7th, 2014

I'm reading things that say Dr. Schreiber has poor bedside manner, his staff is unfriendly, etc. I'm sorry but when I'm looking for a doctor, I'm not looking for a friend. I'm looking for someone who is going to tell it like it is, get to the point and hopefully make things better. Dr. Schreiber is that person. I read the reviews on him and was nervous at my first appointment because many of them make him sound like he's a terrible person to deal with...this couldn't be further from the truth. I was in awe of his intelligence and how described what was happening to me and my heart and why. I was actually excited when I left my appointment because I had information I never received before. I had seen other doctor's, had previous procedures, been given different medicines. At the age of 28, I was not looking forward to a lifetime of heart problems and popping pills to control the issue. Dr. Schreiber gave me relief when he explained why I was feeling what I was feeling, there was finally an explanation. He did what the other doctors hadn't done and said before we went any further, he wanted to rule out any and all other possibilities (fortunately, they're ruled out). My first doctor rushed to a costly procedure as the first measure of treatment that was unsuccessful and left me feeling hopeless. Dr. Schreiber prescribed a medicine I could live with and has been nothing but professional, courteous and knowledgable. Treat the man with respect, be intelligent when you go to your appointments, feel privileged to be treated by such a skilled surgeon. YOU need HIM; not the other way around.

Nov 25th, 2013

GOOD DOCTOR, POOR OFFICE STAFF VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. SENT ME FOR A TEST TO THEIR FACILITY AND HALF WAY THROUGH THEY STATED THAT THEY COULD NOT COMPLETE IT DO TO MY HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. THIS AFTER THEY ALREADY STARED AN IV SHOT ME WITH A NUCLEAR TRACER AND DID THE PRELIMINARY TEST AND SHAVED MY CHEST. HIS OFFICE STAFF BLAMED ME FOR THIS WHEN I CALLED TO COMPLAIN AS THEY SAID I DID NOT TAKE MY BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS WHICH YOU CAN NOT TAKE BEFORE THE TEST!!! AGAIN GOOD DOC POOR OFFICE STAFF AND TESTING FACILITY!!!

patient's daughter show details patient's daughter
Mar 12th, 2013

My mother has been a patient of this doctor for many years. She recently had a heart procedure and told me that the doctor yelled at her in the procedure room and shouted.."shut-up you goomer, I am trying to save your life". This scared my mother and she does not want to see him again. I am glad because I have started to question his diagnosis..how many stents does one need?????

by JIM B on Feb 25th, 2013

BEST IN HIS FIELD :)

Great Droctor show details Great Droctor
Aug 19th, 2012

Really a smart man. Love is no nonsense attitude, straight to the point.

Must read show details Must read
Jul 16th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Schreiber. He's been our family's Cardiovascular Surgeon for a long time. His integrity, intelligence, strength, knowledge,and straight-forward approach has been a tremendous comfort and eye-opener for my family. I would be remiss if I left out his staff's professionalism & integrity as well. If you, or your family is facing a difficult decision regarding heart surgery for a loved one who may, or may not be able to withstand Open Heart Surgery (i.e., too frail and/or elderly), I strongly encourage you to contact Dr. T. Schreiber & his team. Signed, P. Anderson, Indian Mound, TN (I can be reached thru Dr. Schreiber's office, if you feel the need.)

Mar 19th, 2012

HE IS DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT. BEEN KEEPING MY HUSBAND ALIVE SINCE 1998 WHEN CARDIOLOGISTS @ OAKWOOD SAID NOTHING MORE COULD BE DONE FOR HIM. HE IS NOW ALSO TREATING MY SON AND MYSELF AND WE ARE DOING GREAT. ANNYONE WHO HAS A COMPLAINT ABOUT HIM DOES NOT UNDERSTAND A BRILLIANT MAN AND DOESN'T DESERVE HIM.

Mar 4th, 2012

have had him as my doctor since 1994 and he has been great for me.he has kept me alive.

Dec 3rd, 2011

COULD BE MORE INTELLIGENT, BUT HIS PROFESSIONALISM AS A HUMAN BEEN ARE VERY BAD, AS A DOCTOR SHOULD BE MORE DOWN TO EARTH, MORE HUMBLE.

Nov 16th, 2011

Brilliant Cardiologist and Surgeon. Has performed miraculous surgery when it seemed almost hopeless. I would recommend Dr. Schreiber to everyone who needs cardio and vascular care.

Dr. Schreiber, the best of the best show details Dr. Schreiber, the best of the best
by Anonymous on Aug 28th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Dr. Schreiber treats both my wife and myself. We both owe our lives to Dr. Schreiber. My wife has been one of his research patients and has been saved ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Dr Sshreiber is a Doc that can think outside of the box! show details Dr Sshreiber is a Doc that can think outside of the box!
Aug 27th, 2010

Dr. Schreiber save lives....He has been my Dr. ever sence my previous Dr missed a disecting thorasic arota...and has been instramental in saving my life. My wife was going to die untill Dr Schreiber stinted her subclavian artery, being the first on the planet to receive this procedure..the FDA has sence approved this procedure. Thanks to Dr Schreibers genuis she is alive today! Thank you and may God bless you Dr. Schreiber!

May 9th, 2010

Dr Shreiber is the best cardiologist in Southestern Michigan.

He has saved my husbands life show details He has saved my husbands life
by Carolyn Cummins on Aug 20th, 2009

He sas saved my husbands life numerous times. He is a gifted surgeon. I am very lucky to have found him when I did . His staff is curteous and to the point which allows him to cut through the red tape so he may help others.

May 16th, 2009

wouldn't let them work on my dog. Found out too late. I am without a mother now.

No referral show details No referral
May 9th, 2009

I would not refer anyone to this doctor