Long Waits and Questionable Insurance Billing show details Long Waits and Questionable Insurance Billing
by James L on Mar 17th, 2016

I am a patient person, but I have waited anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes routinely for exams with Dr Clayton. I don't have time to wait that long. Besides the long waits, but I just wrote by final letter attempting to resolve billing matters between Vancouver Eye Care and my insurance company. Dr Clayton must make more $$$ by billing the insurance as a 'medical issue' instead of a 'routine exam'. My insurance pays 100% for routine annual eye exams. However, Clayton does not bill it as a routine exam. She bills it as a 'medical issue'. The result is the insurance pays zero (goes against deductible). I would not recommend Dr Clayton or Vancouver Eye Care.

by Mary LeGare on Feb 25th, 2016

Dr. Clayton is warm, friendly, extremely professional and caring. She explains procedures in terms the patient can understand. Very patient with us older patients. She is top notch.

Oct 20th, 2015

My average wait time has been 40-60 minutes.

Fishy Diagnosis! show details Fishy Diagnosis!
by Mike S. on Oct 2nd, 2015

I saw Dr. Clayton for about 10 years and was happy with her at first. But then my regular yearly checkups kept getting billed as office visits. My insurance covers yearly checkups as preventive with no co-pay but office visits come out of pocket because of my high deductible. She would always tell me that I was starting to get cataracts and that is why it became an office visit. When she switched to another clinic I saw a different doctor and he said I had normal eyes for a person of my age and would not call it the beginnings of cataracts. I don't know if they get reimbursed more for office visits vs. yearly exams but I felt that I had been cheated by this doctor.

Dec 15th, 2014

Two visits. Waited more than 2 hours before Dr. came in. 2nd visit waited over 2 1\2 hours. I won't be back.

Apr 14th, 2009

Dr Clayton is very caring and totally thorough in her examinations. Excellent doctor