Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Diamond Bar
1514 Valley Vista Dr
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
909-860-1144
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  Contract Negotiator for St Joseph Health System  |  show details
by Leticia Hermosillo on May 26th, 2014

I normally do not write reviews, but I had to write this one. My hysterectomy was scheduled on 5-19-14. A few days prior to my procedure, I went online to review the “Patient Review Comments” and saw that Dr Franks had some negative reviews. After reading the negative reviews, I was seriously afraid and considered cancelling my procedure. However, I decided to move forward and based my decision on my experience with Dr Franks and not on reviews. My experience with Dr Franks as a patient, I believe she is an excellent physician. She is detailed, knowledgeable, respectful, patient and professional. She gave great advice and explained everything clearly, there were no surprises. Her staff was outstanding. They ensured everything was addressed, provided a list of To Do Items with address (lab work, pre-admit, disability stuff, day of and after surgery and parking). They walked me through every step, without any time constrains... I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Franks to anyone who's looking for a specialist. Reviews are great, but should not be the determining factor of your decision!

|  Best OB EVER!  |  show details
by posada on Jan 15th, 2014

Best doctor ever!!!!!! I do not know what individuals are thinking when they say things like bedside manner lacking etc. (What are you thinking??? Is labor supposed to be easy and a child delivered on a silver platter? Are any female exams/appointments fun and comfortable? Really now...) She delivered my daughter 16 years ago, I have referred her to many who only have positive things to say about her. One person I know personally had Dr. Franks deliver her son even while she was in labor herself, (talk about commitment!) then checked herself into the hospital to deliver her own child. Even when I had no insurance I continued going to her because of how much I trust her with my health and I too am disappointed she does not do deliveries anymore. I was about to make an appointment with her and saw this blog and felt more than compelled to add my two cents. She is amazing and anyone who has her as a doctor is in very good hands!

|  Is This Acceptable Health Care?!  |  show details
by Shocked! on Aug 10th, 2013

She t akes short cuts. Rushes through appt., Does not advise properly prior to performing procedures. Extremely short tempered. Dresses very inappropriately - short skirts, low cut tops (??) Constantly and purposely displays a patronizingly superior attitude. Does not listen to your concerns, and is offended if you express an idea that differs from her plans... She states in every other sentence that she "has her methods" and what you think as a patient does not matter! She will “shut you down” if you disagree with her in the most hunmilliating manner possible!! Uses the statement: "I've been doing this for 18 year..." as a justification for her unwillingness to listen to your concerns as a patient! Worst experience of my life!!!! Yikes!! Beware!

|  Wait time on the phone  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

She is efficient and to the point. Really no wait time at her office. However, after over one month, I have yet to receive any result from my papsmear and biopsy. I called twice. The prerecorded message told me wait time was 6 and 7 minutes. I had to hang up after 20 minutes of waiting JUST TO TALK TO SOMEONE. IT WAS SO BAD. DO NOT GO TO HER.

Aug 8th, 2012

Unfortunately, I went to see Dr Franks based on some positive reviews online. I disagree with these ratings. Her bedside manner is lacking, my questions were dismissed, and I was referred to "check with my insurance." Really, to ask a question? Also, both she and her assistant commented that they wished it were time to leave. So sorry my exam is boring you....I could not wait to get out of there!

Apr 3rd, 2012

great!

|  Don't ever go to her  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

Dr. Franks is an awful doctor. She is impatient, rude, unprofessional, and has no compassion. Her bedside manner is dreadful. She doesn't listen and then requests tests that are not necessary that you get stuck paying for and she will not even help you out when it comes to trying to reclassify a billing error that she made. On top of that, the billing department and the medical records department of the Medical Center for Women don't return phone calls, are rude and not helpful. I would not recommend her.

Aug 8th, 2011

My first pregnancy was smooth sailing - until the end. Everything went wrong, and I was admitted to the E.R. (those doctors tell you nothing!) I had no idea what was wrong with me, and Dr. Franks was not my OBGYN, but she was on call, she made me feel at ease, and took care of both my baby, and me. I was so impressed, I changed to her for my next pregnancy, and was not disappointed! She's the best!

|  good job but bedside manner could use work  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2011

Dr. Franks delivered my son a few years ago, her bedside manner could use work but overall the experience was fine. I was slightly disappointed when I became pregnant again and found out she no longer does deliveries.

Feb 22nd, 2011

Excellent experience, I would highly recommend her to family and friends.

|  JMR  |  show details
by JR on Sep 3rd, 2010

Dr. Franks is an amazing doctor. She delivered all 3 of my children and has performed numerous surgeries on me. She went above and beyond to protect my fetus during a surgery when she wasn't even part of the surgery. Finally, she knows her stuff! All of her diagnosis and treatments are right on. She genuinely cares for her patients and their needs and concerns.

Jun 23rd, 2010

Poor bedside manner. Always seems she is in a bad mood and that you are bothering her.

|  BEWARE!!  |  show details
by Heidi Wightman on Jun 11th, 2010

Worst doctor I have ever had. Terrible bedside manner. Very unfriendly. Never smiles. Does not seem to care at all about her patients, especially if you have a complication. Then she does not want to be bothered!

|  will not go back  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2010

This doctor was so condescending and rude! I will not be going back to her. I came to her with a problem and she humiliated me. Do not go to her!

Nov 3rd, 2009

Very Poor bedside manner. She is rude to her patients and does not appear to be very caring.

|  Great doctor, but busy.  |  show details
by CB on Mar 7th, 2009

Dr. Franks performed 2 of my c-sections and she sas awesome. I have minimal scarring and it couldn't have been a better experience. She is very hard to get an appointment with though, and once she sees you she sometimes seems a little too busy.