Dr. Theresa Huyen MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine New Smyrna Beach, FL

• Good
  • Bad

March 11th, 2016
Best doctor I've ever had!

February 3rd, 2016
Dr. Huyen is, by far, the best physician I ever had! In all due respect, she cares about patients wellbeing and when I was sick for years, with no accurate diagnosis from other physicians, Dr. Huyen took me in right away even though she was no longer accepting new patients due to her patient overload on her part! Not even two months in with her as a patient, she has finally got down to my problems, and sent me in for surgery another month in. Now, I am pain free and one happy patient to be under the care of the most caring doctor ever! And for those who say that she is "not good", might need to think twice... Many many people I know, including myself, says she is THE BEST!

February 3rd, 2016
Tried to become a new patient..unsuccessfully!
Dr. Huyen's office was highly referred to me from one of her patients and I was extremely excited to go and finally have an awesome doctor. But when I called the office to make an appointment I was told that they would NOT see me because I don't live within 15 miles of their practice. And I asked the office manager, who was kind of rude and was in such a hurry to get off of the phone conversation with me, why this was, she told me that I lived too far away and that I can go see another doctor closer to me, they would not see me at all. She assured me that ALL of their patients live within 15 miles of the practice and that was the end of the story! So just in case anyone else, that was thinking of seeing this doctors office, that doesn't live within "their" mileage range, you're out of luck chuck! There was no mention, on their part, as to why I needed to see the doctor, or was there a ..."can I help find another doctors office for you" or "can I help you in any way"......nothing, zilch, zero! I will say now that I'm extremely happy that I found out before hand, that, that office does not advocate for their patients and I'm VERY sure that I wouldn't of been happy there.

October 29th, 2013
EXCELLENT DOCTOR.
A people doctor. listens to you. Helps you understand your problems. My wife and I are changing medicare because united healthcare dropped her.

October 5th, 2013
Find another doctor
Will not go back. Rushed me through my visit, got irritated when I asked questions, prescribed lots of tests, and then sent me a nasty letter saying she was refusing to treat me because I did not follow her treatment plan. Find another doctor!

February 20th, 2013
Dr. Huyen is prednisone/steroid happy!!! She has prescribe prednisone to me at almost every appointment. When I told her I didn't want to use the steroids she was pushy and irritated with me. I am currently looking for a new physician. All steroids do in my experience is pack on the pounds and mask ALL the symptoms from my injuries!!! I'm not saying that their isn't ever a place for them, they just weren't necessary for me!!

August 17th, 2012
Dr. Duyen is very knowledgeable and compassionate. I highly recommend her. The staff is also very friendly and helpful.

November 30th, 2011
Awesome
Dr Huyen have been my primary care doctor for the past 2 years. She's a very compassionate, intelligent, and kind doctor. She is up to date with what's going on in the medical field.

October 13th, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Huyen for the past 3 years. I have referred my friends and family members to her. They all had been very satisfied with the care that they received. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Dr. Huyen herself is very knowledgable, cares for her patient and professional. I trust her with my care and very happy to have have found a doctor like her.

September 15th, 2011
Never called on blood work that showed positive for hypothyroidism
Dr. Huyens staff is very professional and nice. The doctor is a kind person who listens. However, I feel I should share my negative experience at this office. I went to see Dr. Huyen in oct. 2009 with hypothyroid symptoms. Because I am a busy mom of three, and had listed anxiety as one symptom, the doctor said she could tell I was a very stressed and anxious person, and I should go and see a shrink. She downplayed my symptoms(which by the way, I had had in 2006 and been diagnosed with hypothyroidism although my levels had later returned to normal). She told me to relax and take more hot baths! I'm not making this up! If only I could!! She became upset with me when I insisted it was my thyroid, and said she would run blood tests. I was told if there was any abnormalities in the results, she would call me and if not, she would see me in two weeks. Guess what? No phone call, do I naturally assumed my blood work came back normal, and canceled my appt. Thinking, maybe I DO need to see a shrink!! I just went to another doctor and found out I am hypothyroid. I went back to dr. Huyens office and requested a copy of that blood work she had done. Surprise, surprise! It said that I was hypothyroid. She never called me to let me know. This was unethical and frankly dangerous!! Shame shame on you Dr. Huyen! Pride in being right should NEVER take precedence over a patients care! Watch out ladies! Prepare to be patronized here and belittled!

August 16th, 2011
GREAT DOCTOR
I guess the person who wrote the LACKS EXPERIENCE comment got discharged by Dr Huyen. Well, LACK EXPERINCE anonymous, if you don't listen to the doctor and DO NOT do what she recommended, it does not matter how simple or complex problems you have, you still will have the problem. GET IT!!!Guess LACKS EXPERIENCE anonymous wants to play doctor and that is why he/she/it know that Dr Huyen is lack of practical experience in Dx and treating complex problems.Well, LACKS EXPERIENCE, best of wishes on your health, cuz i know I am in good hand with Dr Huyen.

July 23rd, 2011
Love Dr. Huyen
She has been so nice and caring dealing with my father. I go with him to all appointments and she takes time with him and is very patient with him. Excellent diagnosis. The staff is equally nice. I highly recommend Dr. Huyen.