Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Dangerous Diagnoses  |  show details
by Walter Protheroe on Feb 5th, 2013

Dr. Lau in her past employment as a psychiatrist for AMS, had seen me in the surgical emergency center. She refused to allow me to talk about another physician who verbally and physically abused me (two witnesses confirmed this) and then she placed statements in my medical file that I never said. She showed no concern with my medical condition, which the physician she was covering for misdiagnosed (documented by a physician who attend and treated me). My primary physician had me see a psychiatrist and nothing was found. All of my problems are physical and because of Dr. Lau, I lost everything. Now it is hard for me to pay for the medical treatment I need. Dr. Lau is a psychiatrist that I would never want to have attended me or any member of my family. AMS is Affiliated Medical Services who is owned and or operated by Baylor College of Medicine and University of Texas.

|  Luanne Westerberg  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2012

I am a mother of two children with beheavior problems and special needs. Dr. Lau spends a great deal of time making sure she understands and addresses the issues that we deal with. She calls me back if any drug becomes a concern within a very reasonable time. I feel we have been given excellant care by her on a continuous basis.

|  Poor Psychatrist  |  show details
by Walter Protheroe on Jun 8th, 2009

To report: Dr. Lau in her past employment as a physician for AMS, had seen me in the surgical emergency center. She refused to allow me to talk about another physician who assaulted me (two witnesses confirmed this) and then she falsified the medical report she submitted to the hospital. She showed no concern with my medical condition, which the physician she was covering for misdiagnosed (documented by a physician who attend and treated me). My primary physician had me see a psychiatrist and nothing was found. All of my problems are physical and because of Dr. Lau I lost my insurance and my job, so it is hard for me to pay for the medical treatment I need. Dr. Lau is a psychiatrist that I would never want to have attended to me or any member of my family, and extra caution should be taken if you do see her. AMS is Affiliated Medical Services who is owned and or operated by Baylor College of Medicine and University of Texas.