Dr. Theresa Lawrence-Ford MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

February 14th, 2015
Incompetent and Unconcerned
The M.A. was very friendly and personable; Lab tech very friendly and personable; Dr. Lawrence, extremely friendly and thorough. Appointment length including wait and visit, 3 hours. Where they fall down on the job is follow-up. She forgot to give me my prescriptions so I called after the appointment to see if they would just call the pharmacy or send an E-script but no one answered the phone, so, I left a message. Over the course of 2 weeks, left 7 phone messages AND spoke to appointment clerk twice. NOT ONCE did ANYONE return a call or follow up. Even went back by the office a week later to just pick up the blasted script and was told "Dr. L is not here and we don't know what she wants to prescribe. We'll have her call you tomorrow." Really? Wouldn't that be written in my file? Oh, and she never called. Once you leave the office, and they are assured of receiving your insurance payment, you don't exist.

September 22nd, 2014
Excellent Rheumatologist
Different members of our family, have been under Dr. Teresa Lawrence's care, for over 20 years. She is very knowledgeable, will answer any questionsyou might have, is excellent at diagnosing d. She gets a 10! The wait is aweful, but Mom had been to a different Rh., and had to wait a min. of 4 hrs., before being called in to a room. Waiting, at Dr. Lawrence's office, in Larenceville, is around 2.5 hours, but she is worth the wait. I bring a good book, something to eat, and am prepared for the wait. There are very few RH. doctors in Ga., so most of them will have a long wait, if they are good. My husband had gone to an RH docto, in Gainesville, who just looked at bloodwork, and told him that he was fine, meanwhile he was always in severe pain and exhausted. That doctor had no waiting line, called him in quickly, but never once checked his body. When I asked if my husband could have Fibromyalgia, that Dr. said 'He could'. We walked out of that office and never looked back! Dr. Lawrence did several diagnostic tests, called us, personally, at 7:30 a.m., to tll us that my husband's platellet count was 11,000! And yes, she checked his bones, body, 14 point test, and he did have Fibromyalga. Needless to say, if you are only concerned with waiting time, do not go see her, but you will be missing out in excellent care, from a very well known Rheumatologist.

July 20th, 2013
RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN
IF I COULD HAVE GIVEN NO STARS I WOULD HAVE. WHEN YOU FINALLY GET IN (I HAVE WAITED FOR 4 HOURS AND MORE). SHE GIVES YOU A 'HOLLYWOOD HUG' AND THEN RUSHES THROUGH THE APPOINTMENT. THEY KEEP THE PHONE OFF THE HOOK AFTER LUNCH MOST DAYS, AND ON FRIDAY, THEY KEEP IT OFF THE HOOK THE WHOLE DAY. THE STAFF IS RUDE AND INEFFICIENT. THE WAITING ROOM WAS CROWDED AND THE RECEPTIONIST'S COMMENT WAS"LET EM STAND" WHEN AN ELDERLY PATIENT CAME IN. SHE IS PROBABLY A GOOD DOCTOR, BUT YOU DON'T REALLY GET TO SEE HER LONG ENOUGH TO DEVELOP A RAPPORT. I CAN'T TAKE THE TRAUMA ANY MORE.

May 30th, 2013
Excellent doctor, waiting room is horrible
I have seen Dr. Lawrence for over a year now. Each time I have gone to her office I had to wait anywhere from 90 minutes and up to two hours. Some days her waiting room is packed, and some days there are only three people ahead of you. However, there is always a wait. Once you get back to see her though, it is like you are the only patient back there with her. She is very thorough and asks great questions. You can tell she truly cares about you and your health. Her medical assistants are very nice. The office staff is okay. The check-in woman is pleasant, the person you check out with is not too friendly. She has an infusion suite if you need meds and has a phlebotomist to draw blood for labs on site as well. Again, the wait is long, but her knowledge, bedside manner and personality overrides the displeasure of the waiting room.

April 24th, 2012
Too Many Patients
This doctor is a great diagnostician, and very caring. The problem is, everyone wants to see her and the wait is unacceptable. I felt rushed through the visit as well.