Theresa Ledger DO Patient Reviews

2.8

• Good
  • Bad

January 11th, 2017
Incompetent, no follow through. Abnormal test results not given to patient. Blame her and staff.
Was not surprised at all the other negative experiences and comments.

January 11th, 2017
Failure to report abnormal pap smear results.
At age 26, my daughter saw Dr Ledger for yearly pap smear. Because she was in a monogamous relationship, she was told she didn't need Gardasil, a vaccine against HPV which can cause cervical cancer. Age 26 is the latest age this vaccine is offered. Her pap smear results came back abnormal. She and her staff failed to contact and report this to the patient. It was when her next pap smear came back abnormal (done elsewhere)that my daughter was informed of the previously too abnormal results. By now, pre-cancerous cell damage was extensive. Surgery was required to remove part of her cervix. She is now 18 weeks into a high risk pregnancy.

October 23rd, 2016
Dr. Ledger is amazing. She listens thoroughly and takes time to help with all of your health issues. She is thorough, kind and compassionate as well. She is the best doctor I have seen on the Virginia Peninsula.

September 18th, 2016
Dr is great! Nurse is great. Office staff are morons
This doc is wonderful. I am sorry to have to go to another office. I love her nurse also. However there is not an office Manager and the office is absolutely a mess. I would not ask anyone to have to deal with the hassle of having to deal with her office staff. They're completely incompetent and really don't know anything about billing and insurance. They place that on the patient and make it the patients problem when they make mistakes.

July 9th, 2014
Patient
Dr. Ledger is a wonderful doctor. She has been my GP for 17 years. If it wasn't for her thoroughness I would probably not be alive today. I'm happy to have such a competent and compassionate physician.

May 14th, 2014
Worst Doctor and Staff
Shortest wait time 2 hours 45 min. Longest 3 hours. Does not ever return calls if your having a medical issue very rude and sarcastic and talks about other patients with staff in a very degrading manner. I don't know how people justify spending 10 cents to see her or how she ever obtained her medical licence I had to correct her on lab values and side effects of certain medications. Awful.

January 15th, 2014
great doctor!
I have read a lot of bad reviews on Dr. Ledger and Im very surprised. She has been my physician now for seven year and I am always pleased with the care I get. Yes there are wait times that is true with any doctor and if you cant or wont wait then you may need to get another provider but you will probably experience wait times there too. This is true at all drs appointments and it cannot be helped sometimes appointments run over and another patient needs extra care provided. All this being said I love this doctor and would recommend her to anyone of my family or friends.

July 8th, 2013
Don't Be Fooled!!
This woman is absolutely awful!! My mother and myself have recently (within the last few weeks) switched our services out of her care and office. We both also had to report her to our insurance and my mom's company (where we get our insurance through). I have so many complaints that I do not have enough time to write, but I will write a few things to get the poing across. First off, I would make an appointment, come early or on time and STILL end up waiting 35-45+ mins. for her to call me. Then, once I was in back in a room; it never fails, I would always have a nurse come inform me that it would be another 30-40mins. before she had a chance to see me. Obviously that creates an inconvience when you have a job and other obligations throughout the day. The most outrageous incidents where I had to wait a long time for her were: once, she personally scheduled my next appointment and when I came in for it, she was out of town, I never once recieved a call or any type of update. And the other time, my appointment was made and I came in for it and she went out to lunch. They would not give me back my copay and my options was to wait until she was finished, or re schedule. I stayed because I recently graduated from college and cannot afford to just give them $25. Another issue (among many) that I had, was her calling me in, for "important" follow ups or test, and not doing anything when I get there. I am dealing with PCOS and when I was first informed, I had many appointments to figure things out. She told me that losing weight would help. I asked if they were any weight loss programs I could be placed into, and she suggested surgery. I made it clear that because of my young age, I felt I could lose the weight on my own without it. She convinced me to go through with the steps for the program (that's when I figured out she gets a kickback for referring me if I go through the surgery). One of the things I had to do was nutritional program and two years documented weight. I made the appointment with her for the nutrition part, paid and all... only for her to tell me that I need to actually see a nurtitionist (and again, she wouldn't give me back my copay). I asked her why she didn't tell me this before, and she said she didn't know until just recent... I didn't get a call when she found out that little bit of info as well. Dr. Ledger was nice enough to tell me I could just come in and step on the scale for the documented weight. I came in and was told that I had to pay a copay, because she needed to run some test and check on things. I paid, after 45+ mins. of waiting, she called me back there, I stepped on the scale and she asked me if I was following the steps before surgery..... I told her yes and she wrapped things up and that was it. When I asked if I needed to draw blood or anything, she said no, the weight was it.... I also believe she charged my insurance for things she told me she was going to do, but never did at all. And as for the kickback thing, I know many doctors do the same thing, but I have an issue with it when the patient's wishes are ignored (for something that is not life threatening) just for a little extra cash. Please go to anther doctor...They're better, more attentive and caring ones than her. If she works out for you, then great. If not, please find someone else.

May 17th, 2013
Expect a wait!
Dr. Ledger is very pleasant as is her staff. She seems to be a competent physician. The wait times however are outrageous - 2 hours + on several appointments. Additionally, her follow up is not timely and once, I had to call for followup info for labs.

April 15th, 2013
aggrevated
Absolutely do not use this physician if your looking for dependability. Terrible with efficiency of service and if pointed out makes excuses instead being accountable for office.. I am certainly not going to be a custmer much longer....

February 23rd, 2013
Superficial in skills & caring
Some positives are: the staff is friendly; Dr. Ledger presents well when not dealing with anything of significance. Office waits are lengthy. Dr. Ledger is quick to write prescriptions. She did not run lab work that sufficiently covered my medical needs. When dealing with significant medical issues, I found Dr. Ledger callus, inadequate, and unwilling. I did not have a sense that her care for me was sincere. I believe she would do better where she is not working directly with people.

September 17th, 2012
Sad but true
The waiting time is outrageous. She does not follow up on patients problems. If you use "MY Health, My Chart" you are wasting your time since a reply may take days if not weeks. I feel sorry for her, I think she chose the wrong Profession.