Dr. Theresa Peet MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

January 29th, 2016
Best Doctor Around
I really like Dr Peet,she's very nice and thorough. She asks about when the last time you had your eyes checked, saw your gyn and had your pap smear. She makes sure you keep up with all your other doctors. and she really cares about you and your health, your not just another person or patient to her. She wants to help you and do whats best for you. It's hard to find a doctor as nice as she is and that cares as much as she does. I would highly recommend her. I am so happy I found her.

October 22nd, 2015
Very, very good doctor
A very through doctor who pays intense attention t patients concerns

October 7th, 2014
Saved my life
about 8 years ago I was first diagnosed with diabetes, and as many, was not giving my condition the proper seriousness. Dr. Peet changed all that, she even called me on a Saturday to check on my blood levels. I like her directness and the fact that she listens to what I have to say. I have never had any problem with the office staff and find them helpfull. Recently my place of employment (university in Baltimore changed insurance plans). I was planning on paying out of pocket rather than changing!!! Dr. Peet, thank you and your staff for their concern

January 12th, 2014
I have been seeing Dr Peet for several years, (>5) and I am a Registered Nurse. I have just chosen a new docctor as I have the same complaint as many others who have given reviews here. Her desk staff member, (1 only) is incredibly rude. This is a shame because all you need is 1 bad experience to sour you to something. Health care is so expensive these days, no one wants to voluntarily put themselves in an unpleasant situation.

November 26th, 2013
This Doctors office is unfortunate. The lady at the front desk sorely lacks customer service skills. She's rude, unorganized and hostile. She refuses to make exceptions when circumstances call for flexibility and gives the air that the office is desperate for money. This office lacks the technology to take payment over the phone and insist that payments be made by check or money order even in this age of Paypal or other 3rd party payment applications that would be more convenient for the. They also have to out source all X-rays and Lab test because there is no equipment on site. If Dr. Peet has any interest in customer retention, this office needs to step into the times and fire the off-putting, offensive lady at the front desk. I wont be returning.

October 31st, 2013
I won't be returning
I have been seeing Dr. Peet on and off for about 4 years or so. The care I received was ok, but I do feel that Dr. Peet was always in a hurry in the treatment room. Most of the time she would look down at the chart, ask question after question while her pen wrote frantically. It almost seemed mechanical, and not really warm or caring. Thank goodness I don't have any serious medical issues, so I mainly saw her for physicals or check-ups. The main reason I will not be returning is the staff. Mainly one person. She has been there quite a while and seems to run the front desk. She is very rude and abrupt. I work for a dentist, and even though I may have a personality clash with someone, I always treat them with kindness and respect because they are the ones that are really paying my salary.

September 5th, 2013
Happy to have found such a caring doctor
My doctor retired from practice so I needed to find a new doctor. A friend recommended Dr. Peet and spoke highly of her. After two visits to Dr. Peet's office, I completely agree with my friend's opinion of her. Dr. Peet is caring, warm, easy to talk and explained my medical challenges very clearly. She reviewed my chart in the room with me so I knew everything she had noted on my previous visit and could then note any changes in my condition as well her recommended treatment. I felt we were partners in my care and that I could talk to her about anything. I highly recommend Dr. Peet to anyone looking for a doctor who truly cares about the patient and will take the time to answer all of your questions. I'm very happy to have her as my new doctor.

April 22nd, 2013
Who Is This Person?
I just moved back to this area after having been away for many years. Dr. Peet was my doctor long ago when she was first starting out. I saw her when she was in Bel Air and followed her to Balt. county. At that time, she was amazing. A tad overworked... perhaps. But caring, compassionate and patient. I found this site while looking for a new doctor since I've returned to MD. I'm shocked by all I've read. These reviews sound like another person entirely. I know she had a tough time starting her own office and some pretty rough personal battles... but that was long ago. Could she have changed so much?

April 5th, 2013
Expect unnecessary testing and surprise charges
I went in for a Wellness Visit, and made this very clear to her staff (They kept pressing me for a copay). There is no co pay for a Wellness Visit. During the appointment she gave me this spirometry test (I had a cough but no trouble breathing or anything of the sort), and said everything looked fine. THEN she looked into my nose and throat and said "aah yes I see inflammation--you have allergies...flonase." Shouldn't she have looked FIRST instead of giving me a spirometry test, which by the way she didn't even mention would be an extra charge, so basically now she's getting paid double by administering an unnecessary test. And when I ask about the bill --HER BILLING COMPANY DOESN'T GET BACK TO YOU AND THEIR VOICE MAIL WILL BE FULL SO YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE--HER FRONT DESK IS COMPLETELY CLUELESS AND TELL YOU CALL LATER AND SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO IS NOT THERE (THAT WAY YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE OR CALL LATER AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOU--AND SHE DR. PEET HERSELF--AND I QUOTE "DON'T HAVE TIME TO ANSWER BILLING QUESTIONS". So basically you will be screwed. Additionally, since this is a new patient visit, it was longer. Instead of taking her time, she ran in and out of my room so many times because she was seeing other patients in between so I didn't get the attention that I needed. Needless to say this was my first and last visit.

August 24th, 2012
Mrs. Peet been in my life for 7yrs and i truly can say it's been a blessing

August 9th, 2012
Kicked out of practice
I have been a patient of Dr Peet for 5 years. I liked her because I prefer a female and her location was convenient. She also seemed to genuinely care. I saw Dr Peet for several reasons on a regular basis; hypertension, pneumonia/ bronchitis, depression/ anxiety, among other things. She always seemed to need a full history everytime I saw her as if she didn't recall and never took the time to read my chart prior entering my exam room. I had to constantly correct her on my medical history. Appointments always felt very rushed, even though I was usually there early, sometimes even before either her or any staff, as I like to go first thing in the morning. Front office staff was never friendly, in fact, often rude. Recently, due to financial reasons I had to cancel a follow-up appointment for my hypertension and did not give a full 24 hour notice. It was the day before, however. I then get a bill for a $25 "no show" fee, which I refused to pay. I was pretty upset considering I had even cried to her during one of my appointments that I was struggling through life and finances were a big factor. At the time she seemed very sympathetic. A month later I get another bill, with another $5 late fee tacked on. The last letter I receieved was a notification that my account was sent to collections (now $50, for no services)and that I have 30 days to find a new doctor! Gladly...and thank you very much!

August 2nd, 2012
Do NOT waste your money or time! Poor Dr.
Very displeased. I am a professional and pray I never leave a.yone feeling the I felt when I left this office. This Dr. was abrupt and rude. My initial exam with her was very basic. She asked me what I wanted done rather then giving me professional advise as to what she would recommend. I never saw her wash her hands or use any type of hand sanitizer before entering the room and she came in three times. She took about 2 1/2 sec. to check for melanoma on my body before she got side tracked by the underwear I was wearing. She than pulled my underwear