Dr. Theresa Tumbusch MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

September 28th, 2016
I have been going to Dr Tumbush for many years - she is very thoughtful, caring and takes time to listen to your questions/concerns.

May 25th, 2016
This woman is a terrible human being not to mention a terrible doctor. DO NOT but your health care in her hands. she is the only doctor in the tri-state accepting new patients for a reason...she's awful! the woman should not have a license to practice medicine!

March 29th, 2016
Bad experience with Dr. Tumbusch
Run as fast as you can from this one. If you're just a minute or more late for an appointment, this doctor sends you a letter that states she is no longer your doctor & that you can't go to any other doctor in that same building (Milford Tri-Health). Also, if you have to change an appointment time or don't get your labs done in a timely manner, a letter is sent to you, so run the other way.

December 27th, 2015
Doesn't know anything about Diabetes
Dr. Tumbusch was the doctor on call. I told her because of my numbers being high throughout the month that I was running low on insulin and was trying to find out if I could get a script for it since it was too early to refill the one I had. She told me to go to the pharmacy and ask them to give me enough insulin to last me through the first of the year which would only be a few days. Everyone knows you cannot get a few days' worth of insulin! It only comes in a vial or a pen! What doctor doesn't know this?!?! All she really had to do is call the insurance company and evidently didn't know how to do that. She left me with no other choice but to go to the ER for insulin! Additionally, she was very rude and wouldn't let me finish a sentence.

November 13th, 2015
Pleased with Dr. Tumbusch :)
I didn't feel rushed during my appt and Dr. Tumbusch was very thorough. She has a pleasant bedside manner and I felt comfortable seeing her. The office staff is very personable, too.

May 28th, 2015
Mrs.
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Tumbusch for over 5 years. From the moment we starting seeing her and explained what a terrible experience we had with our previous primary care physician, she would have not been more understanding. She is very knowledgeable and I never feel rushed when I go to see her. I go in with my husband almost every time he has an appointment, the only time I do not is when her assistant, Darby, says she is going to perform some checkup I do not want to be present for anyway. She has never told either of us that we could not be present during each others visits, which we usually are. She takes her time to explain our blood workup with us one item, at a time and I have never felt that she was rushing me out the door. Yes, she does refer you when she feels that you need to be seen by a specialist for a certain issue, which all my previous doctors did. The field of medicine took a dramatic change in the past 20 years and for the better I think, if you need to be seen by a specialist then that is the place for the primary physician to send you, No one today is like the family doctor was 20 or 25 years ago and this is good, because if I have an issue I do not want my primary care physician trying to treat a heart condition or inner ear issue or prostrate issue, I want to be sent to a specialist who continually is training in his or her specified special field.

November 13th, 2013
dr. tumbusch is nothing but a referral doctor. I have never seen her that she didn't send you to another doctor. if you have a runny nose see a allergist . if you foot hurts see a podiatrist. if you have an ear ache see a ear nose throat. she cancels appointments and makes you wait. run quickly for another doctor

October 24th, 2013
Was nice at first, and then was totally rude to me when I needed help. I was told to get over myself ! This doctor is as moody as it gets. Phyllis the receptionist is about as warm as a rattlesnake! I have waited an hour to see her several times. Bye bye !

October 28th, 2012
Don't know what to say except
I have been a patient for over 5 years and now I understand Tri-Health Physician Partners are not a caring or personal care facialty . They only say go to the emergency room and she will not call you . The doctors I have been told do not visit the Hospital any more and they do not take charge of your care when you are in the hospital. This is not type of family doctor I want. I also was told it has to do with them not wanting to be sued.

October 22nd, 2012
I went a long time before finding a doctor like this...I always feel better after a visit with her. Intelligent,caring,professional and personable...exactly what I was looking for.

August 13th, 2012
Negative Experience and Walked Out Before Appt. was Over
We used this exact cite to pick this doctor out and learned that she was experienced in thyroid-related illnesses. I don't recommend this doctor to anyone, who is looking for an easy to work with and family-oriented doctor. Long story short, my husband and I had recently seen several doctors trying to get a definitive diagnosis for the multiple symptoms that I've been experiencing for a few years. We were looking for a new go-to doctor, who was caring, empathetic, understanding, and an overall advocate for the health, needs,and concerns of their patients. Unfortunately, we quickly learned that the doctor was more concerned about herself and her silly 'policy.' My husband accompanies me on literally every doctors appt., ultrasound, catscan, etc. and we are a team and his involvement is very important to me. He pays the health bills and witnesses my health problems first hand. So, he took the day off of work to accompany me to this doctor. Upon entering the back from the waiting room, we were informed that he was unable to accompany me due to the doctor's own'policy.' After the assistant spoke to the doctor, she told me that the doctor would absolutely not allow him back at all. That was all we needed to hear and decided to leave that moment. If a doctor is unwilling to work with their patient's quite simple request, then that's a red flag that they do not truly have their patients at heart. In addition, we were told to arrive 30 min. early, and when we arrived, the receptionist explained that the Dr. was running 30 min. behind. They never bothered to call us and they had plenty of time. As soon as we left, we called another doctor and the receptionist said that their doctor would never prohibit a spouse or family member from accompanying a patient. The point of our visit was to 'start over' with a new family doctor and we had heard that Internal Med. docs are typically more thorough than Primary Care docs.

May 10th, 2012
Warm, friendly and caring. Friendly & helpful staff.