Dr. Thiru Lakshman MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

October 1st, 2015
Best surgical experience ever.
After suffering for 8 years with Ulcerative Colitis, trying to cope with all the available medications and hoping that every new regiment would help my condition to no avail. I eventually decided that this suffering had to end so that I could get my life back and was referred to dr. T. Lakshman. He performed an eleostomy by removing my colon. He did it masterfully with the Da Vinci robotic procedure. I was amazed at the small incisions he made. I only had 2 days of discomfort and was quickly healing and was discharged after 5 days experiencing no pain. Dr. Lakshman was very kind and courteous and visited my bedside every day making sure I was healing well. He answered all my concerns and questions very patiently and assuring. I have so much praise for his expertise and patient care. He also set up very good patient care by contacting all the after care services. They promptly called me the same day I was discharged and visited me at home 2 days later. I recommend dr. Lakshman very highly and thank him for giving my life back.

April 14th, 2014
I would definitely recommend Dr. Lakshman to my family and friends that need a colorectal surgeon. I've had some less-than-pleasant exam experiences with other colo-recs. Dr. Lakshman is very personable, easy to talk to, explains things very well and he's an excellent cutter when you need it.

February 22nd, 2014
NOT IMPRESSED
Unimpressed.....did the cancer surgery, but now doesn't want to perform the surgery to get rid of stoma.....doesn't care what I want or need. Apparently thinks it's ok for me to wear a bag for the rest of my life. Wants a PCP to give him the "thumbs up" that I have no other medical issues...didn't need that the first time around. $115,000 surgery and it seems that he had to go in TWICE as he didn't diagnose things correctly the first time around. His nurse calls me back, but doesn't say goodbye, just hangs up. Rude, pompous and controlling.

January 10th, 2010
thiru is who you want for sure!!! i trust him with my life!!!!

October 22nd, 2016