Dr. Thomandram Sekar MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Fort Wayne, IN

3.3

July 20th, 2016
My family member has been at this office for years. The past few years has been horrible. Be sure you pack a lunch before you go. You will be spending most of your time waiting. If you call in for a perscription dont expect it filled anytime soon. You always have to follow up for a couple of days before they find the time to call the pharmacy. Doesnt matter if you need the medicine to breath. His wife Betsy is always on the phone being argumentative with someone. Whether it be an insurance company, setting up tests, or another patient. I worked in the medical field and know it can be frustersting. I dont think it is professional to display this in front of the patients. The woman is always irritated. I do not recommend this office.

March 18th, 2016
RUDE OFFICE MANAGER
I work for a medical supply company & needed some additional information regarding a mutual patient of this office & ours. I spoke with Nancy the "office manager" to request this information & she immediately sounded "bothered". she asked me if I had placed an earlier request & I told her that I had a couple of days ago. she sounded very irritated. I asked her when the info would be provided & she yelled, "IT WILL BE FAXED" & hung up on me. I called her back this time to get her name & finish my request since she hung up earlier. This time she YELLED, "I AM DONE WITH THIS CONVERSATION". I hung up on her at this time. It was only 8:00 in the morning. I can imagine what the rest of her day would be like or the poor patients that would be subjected to her abuse. I do not recommend using this Dr's office. I will speak to the Dr. To advise of his employees abuse. I'm sure Dr. is not aware of her & if he is, I would be ashamed of her & put her out!!! She will definitely drive away patients ect..

February 3rd, 2016
I was initially referred to Sekar yrs ago for severe pneumonia. My care then was great. Got pneumo vac & hadn't had to return in 5 yrs...until recently when lung mass tripled in size. I am educated about my health conditions, & advocate for myself. Apparently, this is unacceptable to this office, as when called PV to ask why path report wasn't available for follow up appt yday (PV lab said all tests were in) & I called Sekar to inquire as to confusion, staff, "Betsy," said I had no right to do so (call PV), screamed at me, & then hung up on me...HUNG UP ON ME!!! Regardless, I know my rights, I advocate for myself, when needed, & refuse to be treated in this extremely poor manner...what a shame~Sekar was, in previous yrs, a kind man & very good doctor.

June 26th, 2012
Terrible experience!
Be sure that you've cleared your schedule for the day regardless of your appointment time. Of the times I've visited, 45 min was the shortest wait from check-in. 1 1/2 hours was the longest. Ridiculous!!The ladies in the front office are extremely rude and cold. Every single time!The man who helps check you out at the end of your visit doesn't seem to know his own name. I gave him a list of sleep study locations that are covered by my insurance and told him to be sure he scheduled my sleep study at a location that accepts my insurance. I didnt learn until after the fact (when I was sued for the entire amount) that, not only did he send me to a place that didn't accept my insurance, but the place is partially owned by Dr Sekar himself!!Dr Sekar is a great doctor and the nurses are always very friendly. It's a shame that the rest of his staff ruins the experience. I simply cannot recommend seeing him.

December 2nd, 2010
I have not been to his office - I have only seen him in the hospital and acute care facility. I think he is terrific! He is patient, explains things so that I understand him and never talks 'down' to me or makes me feel silly for asking the question. He has done wonders for my husband.