Dr. Thomas Keith Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Keith?

8 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 8 Ratings with 1 Comment

July 9th, 2017

Appalling

I just had an extremely disconcerting experience at this urgent care location. I am visiting from out of state because my mother has cancer. Prior to arriving in Florida, I was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and prescribed a 10-day course of Augmentin. Given the fact that I am an asthmatic and have a history of respiratory infections, it did not surprise me that I was still not 100% better after finishing my antibiotics. I subsequently went to Venice Urgent Care to see a doctor and request a 5-day extension of antibiotics. The doctor I saw, Thomas Keith, entered the room at 12:19 PM and left within the EXACT SAME MINUTE. He was completely dismissive of me and my concerns, refused to listen to my medical history, and insisted that what I had was viral. I tried to explain to Dr. Keith that both my mother and infant son are also currently on antibiotics, and that I generally require a longer course of treatment to dispel respiratory infections. I also requested an exam to seek the doctor's opinion. Dr. Keith seemed to view my request as an affront to his supreme knowledge and became belligerent. When I asked him why he had not checked my sinuses or felt for swollen glands, he snapped: "Well you knew exactly what you wanted already! I didn't even want to prescribe you anything, but you insisted!" I repeated my question and asked why Dr. Keith hadn't given me more than a minute of his time, to which he responded by ripping the otoscope off the wall, shining the light directly at me, and mocking me: "You want me to check your throat?! Here!" He proceeded to rant: "You want a chest x-ray?! Let's do one!" I was shell-shocked and asked Dr. Keith: "Why are you patronizing me?" To which he taunted: "Well this is what you wanted, isn't it?!" I have never had an experience like this ANYWHERE. I am APPALLED.

July 9th, 2017