Dr. Thomas Abraham DO Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Erie, PA

May 5th, 2017
Dr Abraham is not a vbac friendly dr.
I'll keep it short because I don't know if I will have to see him again soon. He would not deliver my baby vaginally because it was my third pregnancy and I had 2 c sections, both unrelated to each other in reasons for having. ACOG Guidelines clearly state if a women has one or two c sections for reasons that are unlikely to be repeated she should be advised about a vbac opposed to another c section especially if she intends to have more children. All of which he had to know. He must assume a baby is safer in his hands than out of the body created and designed to naturally give birth.

January 6th, 2017
Great doctor!
I had to have a scheduled C-section at 37 weeks due to complete placenta previa. I was a little nervous about potential complications from the previa and from delivering that early, but Dr. Abraham put my mind at ease. I read a review that said he is arrogant and I didn't see that at all. He is confident - as well a doctor should be, especially one dealing with bringing babies into this world. My C-section went well and he, along with the OR room staff, were quick to do what was necessary to save my baby when she aspirated fluid and turned purple during delivery. I was originally scheduled to have the C-section done at 39 weeks with a different doctor before the placenta previa was discovered and only met Dr. Abraham a week before the delivery, so I was understandably nervous, but everything turned out great and I was very satisfied with the care I received from Dr. Abraham.

July 8th, 2015
Dr. A is simply the best!

June 13th, 2015
Dr. Abraham had just started when I was pregnant with my second child, and I saw him a few times at Lakeside OB/GYN. Six years later, he delivered my 3rd child, and will be delivering my 4th in just a couple weeks. He is very friendly, takes time with me, knows me, and is kist an all around excellent Doctor! I would definitely recommend him, and already have to many, to anyone looking for an OB/GYN !! :)

May 6th, 2015
Love him great doc

April 24th, 2014
walked away feeling insulted and mistreated
This DO is highly unprofessional. At the first sight of potential complications, he forcefully recommends transferring to another provider. His manner is overwhelming: talks loud and fast, utilizes discomforting body language. He basically bullied me into agreeing to go somewhere else. I am a healthy late 30's female, not an unheard-of case for a reproductive specialist. He didn't want to bother, nonetheless. Instead, dr Abraham expressed very loud opinions about my work and recommended I "find another job". The relevance of this discussion to my visit as a patient, remains to be explained to me. The nadir of the consultation was when he asked me a question: " are you sure you want to have children?" Please note that if you would like a scientific evaluation of your reproductive capabilities, seek a real reproductive specialist not an OB/GYN like Dr Abraham. He did not offer any real investigative analyses. Perhaps, he is not aware of the existence of anti-mullerian hormone. Avoid this joker at all costs!

January 17th, 2013
Smart, Caring, Great connection with patients
I was very nervous about my first visit with Dr Abraham because I am experiencing infertility and nervous about what lies ahead, but he was very considerate and helped educate my husband and I on the path ahead. He has a great sense of humor and tries to put his patients at ease whenever possible. He was also very quick to start the process of getting tests to diagnose the problem and willing to answer all of the questions that we had. Dr Abraham's staff is very courteous and professional. I am able to speak with them whenever I have a question and they are helpful in getting things done. I would recommend Dr Abraham to anyone.

October 18th, 2012
He is worth the drive
My husband and I had a fabulous experience with Dr. Abraham and his staff during two pregnancies. He performed both of my c-sections, and I healed very quickly despite being over 35 & considered high-risk. He respected our opinions & listened to our requests, and spent time reviewing my history at every visit, which made me feel confident he was familiar with our personal details. Not only did we drive an hour for all the visits, but now that I work even further away, I was contemplating changing doctors, but have decided he is so worth the hour & a half drive, especially since I'll probably need a historectomy within a few years? He is an excellent surgeon, and happens to have a great bedside manner also.

October 18th, 2012
Not good for anyone over 50
In my opinion he only wants to deliver healthy babies. If you are over 50 and have a problem, he can't be bothered.

July 3rd, 2012
Delivered my son
Dr. Abraham was on call in our hospital in which my doctors works out of. I never saw him before as he was covering for my doctor that night! He was so comforting and I could not have asked for a better experience! I had low platelets that did not allow me to have an epidural which I planned to get, this scared me so bad! He put me at ease and I only pushed for 20 minutes! Thank you Dr. Abraham for your great healthcare service!

September 30th, 2011
I have only positive things to say: He delivered two of my babies so wonderful that it was a blessing. I have had 4 miscarriages, and he made me feel secure and I knew my babies delivery was going to be ok!. My daughter had the chord double wrapped around her head, and he dealt with this so calm.. my husband watched in awe! He did my tubal ligation, and everything went great. I trust him with everything that means the most to me in my life! You can't go wrong with Dr. Abraham as your Doc! :)

March 9th, 2011
Abraham is an down to earth type of guy, excellent bedside manners, and always their to listen. Dr. Abraham is the first OB to make me feel like I'm family I would highly recommend him as a Doctor.