Family Physicians, Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Downtown Erie
Bayside Obstetrics and Gynecology
104 E 2nd St
3rd Floor
Erie, PA 16507
814-456-2229
Locations and availability (2)

|  walked away feeling insulted and mistreated  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2014

This DO is highly unprofessional. At the first sight of potential complications, he forcefully recommends transferring to another provider. His manner is overwhelming: talks loud and fast, utilizes discomforting body language. He basically bullied me into agreeing to go somewhere else. I am a healthy late 30's female, not an unheard-of case for a reproductive specialist. He didn't want to bother, nonetheless. Instead, dr Abraham expressed very loud opinions about my work and recommended I "find another job". The relevance of this discussion to my visit as a patient, remains to be explained to me. The nadir of the consultation was when he asked me a question: " are you sure you want to have children?" Please note that if you would like a scientific evaluation of your reproductive capabilities, seek a real reproductive specialist not an OB/GYN like Dr Abraham. He did not offer any real investigative analyses. Perhaps, he is not aware of the existence of anti-mullerian hormone. Avoid this joker at all costs!

|  Smart, Caring, Great connection with patients  |  show details
by Mandi G. on Jan 17th, 2013

I was very nervous about my first visit with Dr Abraham because I am experiencing infertility and nervous about what lies ahead, but he was very considerate and helped educate my husband and I on the path ahead. He has a great sense of humor and tries to put his patients at ease whenever possible. He was also very quick to start the process of getting tests to diagnose the problem and willing to answer all of the questions that we had. Dr Abraham's staff is very courteous and professional. I am able to speak with them whenever I have a question and they are helpful in getting things done. I would recommend Dr Abraham to anyone.

|  He is worth the drive  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

My husband and I had a fabulous experience with Dr. Abraham and his staff during two pregnancies. He performed both of my c-sections, and I healed very quickly despite being over 35 & considered high-risk. He respected our opinions & listened to our requests, and spent time reviewing my history at every visit, which made me feel confident he was familiar with our personal details. Not only did we drive an hour for all the visits, but now that I work even further away, I was contemplating changing doctors, but have decided he is so worth the hour & a half drive, especially since I'll probably need a historectomy within a few years? He is an excellent surgeon, and happens to have a great bedside manner also.

|  Not good for anyone over 50  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

In my opinion he only wants to deliver healthy babies. If you are over 50 and have a problem, he can't be bothered.

|  Delivered my son  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

Dr. Abraham was on call in our hospital in which my doctors works out of. I never saw him before as he was covering for my doctor that night! He was so comforting and I could not have asked for a better experience! I had low platelets that did not allow me to have an epidural which I planned to get, this scared me so bad! He put me at ease and I only pushed for 20 minutes! Thank you Dr. Abraham for your great healthcare service!

Sep 30th, 2011

I have only positive things to say: He delivered two of my babies so wonderful that it was a blessing. I have had 4 miscarriages, and he made me feel secure and I knew my babies delivery was going to be ok!. My daughter had the chord double wrapped around her head, and he dealt with this so calm.. my husband watched in awe! He did my tubal ligation, and everything went great. I trust him with everything that means the most to me in my life! You can't go wrong with Dr. Abraham as your Doc! :)

Mar 9th, 2011

Abraham is an down to earth type of guy, excellent bedside manners, and always their to listen. Dr. Abraham is the first OB to make me feel like I'm family I would highly recommend him as a Doctor.

|  Very Disappointed!!!  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2010

A family member referred him to me, as she was being treated for the same very complicating disease, Endometriosis. The first couple of appointments were good, I felt he cared and knew what he was doing. After that he pushed me off. The office as a whole has treated me like I was annoying and has made every effort in pushing me out of there as a patient rather than just saying they can no longer see me. I'm left with a horribly debilitating disease and mentally very low. My advise if u have a very complicated gyno disease look elsewhere.

by Jen S on Sep 3rd, 2010

I was very unhappy with Dr. Abraham when I saw him at Lake Erie Women's Center. He pushed induction starting at 36 weeks. I had no medical reason for induction, and I felt like he wanted to schedule me for his own schedule. I also felt like he was a little too "surfer boy" for my taste. Glad that he wasn't my full time doctor.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2010

I see him at Bayside OB/GYN. He is a down to earth Doctor. He is easy to talk to and listens well. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a good knowledgeable Doctor.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
by mary jo k. on Jun 16th, 2010

the best i have seen in years. everything one is looking for in a doctor. wish there were more like him.

|  I may have finally found a true old fashioned Dr.  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2010

Everything works like clock work in the office but you do not feel rushed. Dr Abraham takes the time to talk to you and also seems genuinely interested in what you have to say and addresses your concerns. He is professional but also compassionate. He is an all around great package.

|  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED  |  show details
by Amy on Nov 20th, 2009

I began seeing Dr. Abraham when I was about 5 months pregnant due to my original doctor moving out of state. I was very nervous to see a new doctor since I was already so far along. Dr. Abraham was very friendly and kind. He knew exactly what I needed, a little humor to make me feel more comfortable. He was a great doctor to us and delivered a beautiful baby girl by c-section. I highly recommend him to any woman looking for a great doctor.

by Jean M. Sutter on Oct 7th, 2009

I have never been to a specialist doctor - always just my familt doctor since I was 18. I was very nervous seeing Dr. Abraham, but once I got there he made me feel totally at ease and I was not the least bit uncomfortable. I would recommend him to any woman looking for an OBGYN.

|  One of a Kind!!!!  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2009

Dr. Abraham is a one of a kind doctor. He is the total package, kind, sensitive, and funny! He really cares about his patients and their feelings! He helped us through a bad miscarriage and is now helping us through a healthy pregnancy and I know I would not be getting through this with my sanity without him. He is really a doctor that takes a personal interst in the well being of his patients both physically and emotionally. My husband and I love him. And by the way he is at Bayside OBGYN now if you are looking for him!!! I am a medical professional myself and would give him my highest recommendation.

Jan 8th, 2009

Dr. Abraham was the best OB/GYN ever! He took his time to answer my questions and was excellent at following up and personally returning phone calls when I had concerns. I wish I could find him again, since the LEWC recently told me he is no longer at that practice.

|  Dr Abraham  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2008

Great doctor makes you feel at ease. I am on my second pregnancy and was very nervous bc the first was a bit difficult. After working with him I have lost the nervousness and gained excitement.