A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Ahern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Ahern is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Ahern, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahern graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. Ahern has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Green Hospital
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ahern accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 89 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Thomas Ahern practice?
Dr. Thomas Ahern practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near La Jolla, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Encinitas, CA and San Diego, CA.
See La Jolla Internists and La Jolla Cardiologists.