Dr. Thomas Atkinson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Atkinson?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Atkinson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 6th, 2017

Tom Atkinson is one of the best doctor's in the tri-state area.

Tom has beeny doctor for 20 years. If I had not moved 1200 miles away he still would be. He is the best diagnostician I have seen. He cares about his patients, listens to them, takes care of them. At one time he was run to death by a hospital so he is no longer affiliated with one. .

June 20th, 2016

Big Pharma Schill

This physician has no integrity and is out for the money. Would love to know what hidden perks he gets from Big Pharma.

March 28th, 2016

My Experience

I have be a patient of Dr. T for many years. He always take the time to get to the root cause of any medical issue so that he's treating the cause not just the symptoms. Everyone in the office are thoughtful people. Penny is outstanding. I am always treated with the utmost respect.

March 19th, 2016

Dr. Atkinson is too worried about Kratom taking away his business.

September 16th, 2015

He was my doctor for about 15 yrsyrs before I moved & I have to say, I have not yet found a replacement!! I'm still trying, but wish he weren't 300+miles away! If you need a great doc, & he agrees to accept you, don't hesitate -- jump @ the chance to become his patient!

October 23rd, 2013

Continue to look for alternative options

It's sad when the area has so few options when faced with making an appointment like this. I will tell you that if you can continue to look for alternative options vs making an appt with Thomas Atkinson you will be much better off. A recovering addict with a lot of underlying issues still at heart. Steer clear unless you want to be in the same situation 16 years down the road. Without all the details trust me there are better options. Good Luck

August 22nd, 2012

The Total Package!

I never write reviews or comment on things I read online however after stumbling across a recent review of Dr. Atkinson, I am compelled to react.Dr. Atkinson, his nurse Penny and the entire current staff have always treated me with compassion and understanding. Dr. Atkinson also holds me to a high standard of accountability in treating my condition. There in lies Total Package!Yes, Dr. Atkinson is an admitted addict, however I find that extremely beneficial when he is indeed an Addiction Specialist as well as an Internist. Who better to treat an addict than an addict with medical training!Dr. Atkinson and his team are an important asset to anyone wanting to ensure their health is given the time and attention it deserves!Signed - One Grateful Patient

August 21st, 2012

Excellent, Wonderful and Caring Doctor and Staff

I never write reviews or comment on things I read online however after stumbling across a recent review of Dr. Atkinson, I am compelled to react.Dr. Atkinson, his nurse Penny and the entire current staff have always treated me with compassion and understanding. As well as hold me to a high standard of accountability in treating my condition.Yes, Dr. Atkinson is an admitted addict, however I find that extremely beneficial when he is indeed, an Addiction Specialist as well as an Internist.Dr. Atkinson and his team are an important asset to anyone wanting to ensure their health is given the time and attention it deserves!Signed - One Grateful Patient!

July 24th, 2012

Best Experience with a doctor in my 60+ years

I would gladly[and have] recommend Dr. Atkinson and his staff to friends and relatives.

May 3rd, 2012

Lacks integrity!!

This is going to be short and to the point, so you don't spend an hour reading and I don't spend 2 hours typing.. My experience with Dr Atkinson was not a pleasant one.His actions put one of his patients in a horrific situation, and did so knowingly, and without remorse. If I were a new, old, or soon to be patient I would advise you to look and ask about any and all instances with the Ark State Medical Board. I will even go so far to say that I have witnessed him bold face lying to the authorities without blinking. I'm sure my experience with Dr Thomas Atkinson is an unusual one. But would be very surprised to learn that his dishonesty, and just overall lack of integrity was just an isolated incident. His assistant Penny, who is also his wife, she's what I would easily and without hesitation call a bad person! Her sense of entitlement like nothing I've ever seen! I have the up most sympathy for anyone like that. She's what most people would call, (something that I couldn't describe openly on a website such as this one)! My opinion of Dr Thomas Atkinson and that of his wife (Penny) is one of disgust!! I would never think of referring anyone to him or his clinic. He has openly said that he is a recovering drug addict!! I have nothing against recovering addicts or alcoholics! I praise people that go through so much, and learn how to turn their life around! It's just something I think people should know, seeing that he still practices medicine. Hope this helps people make a good and informed decision.

November 25th, 2009

One of the best doctors in the area

I am alive today because of him. He is a great doctor, and he never gave up on me, when other doctors did.

October 19th, 2009

Best Doctor on the Planet (so far)

He is the best diagnostician I have seen anywhere, any time. Additionally, Dr. Atkinson is open-minded about treatment, and he keeps up on research in Internal Medicine, goes to the Harvard U. Internal Medicine seminar regularly. He is open to and sometimes prescribes complementary therapies, while still using the available tools in traditional, allopathic medicine. A perfect combination. The wait time in his office can be long, because he often treats patients who have multiple problems or who have not found help with other doctors. So bring a book or bills to pay or a crossword puzzle. The wait is absolutely worth it!! You will have his full attention, as long as you need it, the same as he gave the patient before you. If you call ahead, an hour or so before your appointment, the staff will tell you whether things are running on time or not.