Dr. Thomas Au Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Au?

October 8th, 2014

A "Real" family doctor

Dr. Au took care of my mom and dad for decades until they passed away from natural causes. Along the way he has also taken care of myself and my children. Old fashioned family doctors that care and take the time to sincerely listen to a patient's needs are getting harder to find. Most online reviews are negative because those folks are more motivated to post their complaints than those with good experiences. Dr. Au has also taken care of many of my relative's families and all glad to have known him as a person and as their doctor.

April 27th, 2014

Dr. Au is a good doctor with an easy bedside manner but with some biases. He did not order a psa test for me until I was in my 60s but fortunately, prostate cancer saved me. I like parking at the Kuakini parking lot better than at Queens,Straub, or Pali Momi.

October 6th, 2013

Long Time Patient and TERRIBLE CARE

I have been a patient with the Doctor for many years. I've finally switched and realize that he was a horrible, inefficient doctor. He never ordered a colonoscopy, bone density, lab work etc. I'm older and had not realized until I switched doctors that he didn't care for his patients. I have broken a bone and after a bone density scan have osteoporosis. had he ordered a scan 20 years ago, i wouldn't be in the pain I am now. The new doctor ordered stool samples and blood was found. I wonder if Dr. Au had done the proper test would I be in the situation that I am in. BEWARE DO NOT GO TO HIM!

October 26th, 2012

bad customer service

Dr. Au appears to be a average doctor. I felt he spent enough time with me and felt at ease with him. On the other hand, the office admin seems to be bipolar. She is nice then all of a sudden she is rude and argumentative when I had a concern with billing. She overtalk and won't allow me to talk to her. "I am wrong and she is right." After this incident I decided not to continue seeing Dr. Au. I highly recommend this office admin be trained on customer service or prescribe her a "chill pill".

June 8th, 2016