Dr. Thomas Hughes Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Pittsburgh, PA

December 1st, 2016
I had (5) trigger operations on different fingers plus a CMC joint operation with Dr. Hughes. From his level of patient care, pre-during-after surgery, to helpful and understanding guidance of overall medical care, Dr. Hughes is Top in his field of practice. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND Dr. Hughes for his services.

January 28th, 2015
Dr. Hughes is a kind and professional physician who spent a lot of time with me pre-operatively and correctly diagnosed and treated my arthritic shoulder. I had absolutely no pain in the shoulder the night of surgery or the days after due to a catheter placed intra-operatively by the Passavant Hospital anesthesiologist who also did a wonderful job. I joked with Dr. Hughes that he didn't actually replace my shoulder. Pain did occur with physical therapy weeks later, but was not excruciating as many of my friends experienced immediately after surgery. I give him high praise and accolades for his excellent skills and bedside manner!

July 14th, 2014
Broken wrist / arm
Great doctor! Would highly recommend him. Punctual, professional, very knowledgeable, good follow-up and bedside manner. Injury was well diagnosed, treated and well monitored.

June 10th, 2013
Sr admin
I believe he is a remarkable trusting surgeon. Well respected, knowledgable and took time to explain my upcoming surgery. Post op care was Equality well explained. Very nice staff, his first hand woman , Lisa is wonderful to deal with and always a smile on her face,happy to be there and a huge help in calming my nerves . Becky is kind and gentle. Highly recommend Dr. Thomas Hughes. Blessed surgeon in many ways!

October 22nd, 2012
Highly recommend
Very kind and thorough. Spends what time is needed-never makes me feel rushed.

October 1st, 2012
No backbone!
I was referred to him beause he was one of the best?? He seemed involved and concerned about my work comp injury to my hand and wrist which he was treating at first.Long story short ,the things he said in his office conflicted with his report on my injury so now I have to pay more money to see another "expert" to give his opinion.Not a stand up guy.

February 29th, 2012
LOVE him
My daughter and I have both had hand surgery with Dr Hughes and LOVED him. Very kind and professional. He also has several offices close to us to facilitate getting an appointment close to home quickly.

February 28th, 2012
Dr. Hughes is kind, cariing WONDERFUL Dr. Patient, listens and a great surgeon. I wouldn't think of going elsewhere. I highly recommend him. You won't be sorry!

December 19th, 2011
Excellent surgeon, very caring staff, efficient. So far so good with recovery. My arm smashed to pieces... he also gave credit to the doctor in emergency room who initially reset my wrist, said it made things go easier than he thought. Kudos to this doctor and all who cared for me at Allegheny General from the onset. Thank you!

June 2nd, 2011
DR HUGHES IS A VERY CARING DOCTOR AND SAVED MY ELBOW, WHICH WAS BROKEN IN FIVE PLACES. I NOW HAVE A WORKING ARM WHICH SHOULD LAST ME AT LEAST 10 YEARS. DR. HUGES IS A EXCELLENT DOCTOR AND SURGEN. I WOULD HIGHLY REOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.

February 2nd, 2009
elped me with hand and wrist injuries
Dr. Hughes did a new procedure on my wrist and really helped me. Three other docs missed the problem that he fixed.